Check your account email address ×

Wrenching on Vehicles

On 4/22/2021 at 3:01 PM, Cold War said:

38? :lol:

its a joke anyway.  Every one knows you can’t run a shop at 46 hour so if it takes an hour you have to write 2

I’ve never met a body guy, or a painter, that can’t turn 80 in 40, if there’s work coming in the door. They bitch that service techs make all the money but most of the richest techs, in the last dealer I worked in, were in the body and paint shop. Not the service department. 

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

True that. I've put two NAPA sensors in my 2008 AWD Chevy van, right rear. Cleaned the mount, cleaned the trigger wheel, every time but it still fails a month or so later, if it hits a bump it loses info. Self resets while driving, but still annoying.

Thankfully I bit the bullet and bought a high end scan tool ($2000) last year that gets deep into the modules, (this van has a dozen or so) online updates, real time data etc. I could see with a road test that piece of shit sensor sending whacky data.

Did a brake job on the AWD with stability control, needed calipers. I spent a day trying to bleed the rear brakes, with a vacuum bleeder. Nothing. Like drive through the garage door nothing.

The thing has steering input sensors, roll over sensors. Like fuck, it ain't the starship Enterprise. Dumb it down for us good drivers.

Without a high end scan tool, activating the brake controller while it tells you what to do.... and a second person you'd blow your brains out.

It probably has a wiring or connection issue where the sensor plugs into the chassis harness. I remember fixing a bunch of those. I think there was even a bulletin for it after a while. 

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ve never met a body guy, or a painter, that can’t turn 80 in 40, if there’s work coming in the door. They bitch that service techs make all the money but most of the richest techs, in the last dealer I worked in, were in the body and paint shop. Not the service department. 

I’ve worked with plenty over the years I’ve worked with guys that couldn’t do a freakin 40 in a 40 if there life depended on it. Usually it’s the alcoholics, drug addicts or the butchers that didn’t leave after 3 months and have to start fixing all there shit previous work for free. Good  painters make the most but that comes at a big cost to your health imo. I still hold the record for biggest hours in a week at my current shop. I was doing start to finish young, greedy and endless energy. 180hrs made more than the owner that week lol. Owner still brings it up and it was probably freakin 10yrs ago.

Well steering racked changed in the Forester. Took a few hours. Dropped the lock to lock from 3 turns to 2.5.

Measured the hub placement at the tie rod mount before disassembly. Looks like it is damn close to bang on but still taking it in for an alignment before I drive it anywhere.

No more leaks! At least running in position while I am standing there watching it.

Ps. It isn't my garage. I am very lucky my brother in law lets me use his for this kind of stuff. I work on his vehicles a bunch so it works out.

received_744485366245938.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve worked with plenty over the years I’ve worked with guys that couldn’t do a freakin 40 in a 40 if there life depended on it. Usually it’s the alcoholics, drug addicts or the butchers that didn’t leave after 3 months and have to start fixing all there shit previous work for free. Good  painters make the most but that comes at a big cost to your health imo. I still hold the record for biggest hours in a week at my current shop. I was doing start to finish young, greedy and endless energy. 180hrs made more than the owner that week lol. Owner still brings it up and it was probably freakin 10yrs ago.

Most of the clock pounders that I’ve ever worked with were really good techs too. A couple of them were some of the best I’ve ever worked with. Body and mechanical. They were all mild functioning alcoholics that have turned into full blown alcoholics as of this point of their life. That or they left the business. 

Every good painter I know has some form of medical ailment and most retired early. 

When I was flat rate I don’t even recall what my highest hour check was. I always pushed my managers to pay me the best hourly rate to suit my needs and went from there. Got out of that rat race 14 years ago this coming July. Going back would be hard but it would beat being on the unemployment line. 

13 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

kill yourself old american faggot

HA!HA! Frankie, a lot of people hate you here. I know I do. 

Guess what, you'll NEVER be white!!! LMAO!!!  

34 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

kill yourself old american faggot

Frankie, does it bother you that you'll be a BUSH NIGGA for the rest of your life???

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Walt in Gran Torino. I picture you as him in the first half of the movie anyways 😂 

Never saw it. 

Was he tough?

Did chicks dig him? 

Was he an ass-kicker?

If not, then you're dead wrong.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Never saw it. 

Was he tough?

Did chicks dig him? 

Was he an ass-kicker?

Good movie, you should check it out..Clint Eastwood is Walt

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Walt in Gran Torino. I picture you as him in the first half of the movie anyways 😂 

Just saw a few seconds of it on Youtube. Clint Eastwood, old, alone, sitting at the table and his family wants to put him in an assisted living place. 

You little bastid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kneebash:  :groin: :pan:

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Never saw it. 

Was he tough? Yes

Did chicks dig him? Yes

Was he an ass-kicker? Yes

He is basically the Detroit version of you. Angry racist old man lives in a city taken over by Asians, nigs and mexicans.  Good movie give it a watch.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

He is basically the Detroit version of you. Angry racist old man lives in a city taken over by Asians, nigs and mexicans.  Good movie give it a watch.

Ok, that sounds a lot better!!!!!   :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Just saw a few seconds of it on Youtube. Clint Eastwood, old, alone, sitting at the table and his family wants to put him in an assisted living place. 

If really is a good movie. here you probably like this part

16 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You and Walt have everything in common except Walt doesn't like dick. :bigfinger::lmao:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Back to wrenching on vehicles..Have a Power Stop Brake kit and K&N intake coming for my truck also got plugs, wires, and coil coming for the VW..So I'll be doing some wrenching the next couple weeks..

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Never saw it. 

Was he tough?

Did chicks dig him? 

Was he an ass-kicker?

Walt has more TNW than you and has banged way more broads!