Check your account email address ×

New Mach Z under rated?

Rod

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

girl i work with whose prob 150lbs is getting a Turbo R after she rented a 900T last weekend.  what a great motor no matter what bhenty says.  she had it to 113 Saturday when it was colder out on somewhat loose snow.  prob 105 real speed and it was still climbing when she ran out of room with me in front of her as my BCXRS wants nothing to do with 100mph

Did you give her the RED ROCKET???????         :bum:         :junk:

9 hours ago, ACE said:

Guys don’t realize how fast a winder is for a stock sled 

I do, I'd like one for my faggoty ass for sure as long as there's a Doo in the group to get me back 2-300 miles from the truck. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ran a tuned 900 Turbo up at the weenie roast in Cable a few weeks ago.   They get the power to the snow pretty damn well.   They are no slouch in shorter races.   Guy said stage 2 with stock turbo.   Thing ran extremely well down low.  Honestly I was pretty impressed with it. 

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ran a tuned 900 Turbo up at the weenie roast in Cable a few weeks ago.   They get the power to the snow pretty damn well.   They are no slouch in shorter races.   Guy said stage 2 with stock turbo.   Thing ran extremely well down low.  Honestly I was pretty impressed with it. 

How short of a race?

53 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How short of a race?

400 ft snow drags trail studs only and no anti-lag.   I know extremely short but that's how the organizers had it set up.   I was having difficulty hooking up in the very soft conditions and might have been quicker in a lower tune.   I do believe the stud boy tall pro lite backers were an advantage in the conditions and length of race.   

Edited by Highmark

11 hours ago, ACE said:

Guys don’t realize how fast a winder is for a stock sled 

I don’t give a shit about drag racing. I care what is the fastest sled down the lake. How much do you think a turbo R will do? What will a stock sidewinder do? I know my stock arctic cat turbo 1100 would only go 110, but that was on 141 in track.  My skidoo turbo was good for about 105, and I never really did get that thing wound out and good hard pack.

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

400 ft snow drags trail studs only and no anti-lag.   I know extremely short but that's how the organizers had it set up.   I was having difficulty hooking up in the very soft conditions and might have been quicker in a lower tune.   I do believe the stud boy tall pro lite backers were an advantage in the conditions and length of race.   

Those backers are excellent. I swapped out typical 1.325" Gold Diggers on my single ply Ripsaw 1.25" Gade track with them primarily for the bigger support area and better pull thru protection but the traction gain was great instantly. They're going on every track for sure.

I had to tow a 600 Ctec off the lake 6 miles in retarded slush and layered up shit and the ol' 1200 pulled it off like a champ. I was the only 1 willing to try and I'd bet it wouldn't have done it without them. The sled and pilot had to be 1000 lbs by the time we hit shore LoL.

Just now, Tinker said:

Those backers are excellent. I swapped out typical 1.325" Gold Diggers on my single ply Ripsaw 1.25" Gade track with them primarily for the bigger support area and better pull thru protection but the traction gain was great instantly. They're going on every track for sure.

I had to tow a 600 Ctec off the lake 6 miles in retarded slush and layered up shit and the ol' 1200 pulled it off like a champ. I was the only 1 willing to try and I'd bet it wouldn't have done it without them. The sled and pilot had to be 1000 lbs by the time we hit shore LoL.

Agreed.   I have them on my Poo 850 and love them.   Wish I had them on the Sidewinder.  

Just now, Tinker said:

They offer no better pull through protection....that’s 100% dictated by the studs area of contact with the inside of the track. They do support the stud better from breaking or bending but I’d think that would lead to more stress and pull throughs. I’m going to stay with short nuts and standard backers because studs bend instead of break or pull through

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What is this faggotry about the throttle, the drive by wire throttle is the tits balls.

The rheostat is now on the throttle body instead of the thumb driven by a traditional throttle cable. More predictable resistance and it still has the 3 modes. Be interesting to feel it at a sneak peak 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They offer no better pull through protection....that’s 100% dictated by the studs area of contact with the inside of the track. They do support the stud better from breaking or bending but I’d think that would lead to more stress and pull throughs. I’m going to stay with short nuts and standard backers because studs bend instead of break or pull through

Can the stud tip/bend as far with the much larger support washer area ? 

No

But yes the same size head of the stud would be the eventual pull thru

Edited by Tinker

Just now, Tinker said:

Can the stud tip/bend as far with the much larger washer area ? 

No

But yes the same size head of the stud would be the eventual pull thru

Bending of the stud prevents a pull through. Preventing the stud from bending transmits all the stress to the head of the stud and track. You aren’t thinking about a pull through correctly 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bending of the stud prevents a pull through. Preventing the stud from bending transmits all the stress to the head of the stud and track. You aren’t thinking about a pull through correctly 

So the entire industry design and requirement of larger washers on single ply tracks is wrong. Got it

I may go dbl backers on the next one. Easier to keep the backer square with 2 studs preventing it from turning and even more support area

Edited by Tinker

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

So the entire industry design and requirement of larger washers on single ply tracks is wrong. Got it

I may go dbl backers on the next one. Easier to keep the backer square with 2 studs preventing it from turning and even more support area

Single ply studs have larger heads. They make no distinction on backer size. 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Single ply studs have larger heads. They make no distinction on backer size. 

Yes they do.

https://www.woodystraction.com/product/round-grand-digger/  for Single Ply

https://www.woodystraction.com/product/round-digger/  for 2 Ply

The very limited warranty is void if you don't use large washers

I never used tall nuts for your same theory though, I'd rather the stud bend than pull the head through

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What is this faggotry about the throttle, the drive by wire throttle is the tits balls.

The Doo throttle saga continues......   The throttle complaints started with the launch of the 1200 and the fucking lester girls claiming the sled had throttle lag.  Mostly because the dipshits needed to find something wrong with one of the best NA sled motors specifically developed for sleds.  This gave Doo haters everything they needed to start ragging on 4S throttles from BRP. 

Then BRP came out with the TBW to fix the "lester lag" and the same dipshits claimed it was "too responsive" some of that because of the lighter pull of the iTC compared to a cable and some because they should have just put it in Eco mode to better match their riding ability. 

Did not matter if it was on a 600, 900 Ace or 1200.  Carried over to the 900 turbo and so now Doo finally decides to give the throttle pussies a stiffer flipper with a cable attached so they can give their thumbs the workout they are accustomed to to keep them in shape for their sessions of jerking off trailside.