Check your account email address ×

Arctic Cat 2022 big huge enormous gigantic mind blowing release... March 3rd

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Old New graphics and power steering.  Let's give Yamaha its credit.

Yeah, now I'll get to deal with even more totally yamatards. 

Cat needs to ignore those fucking morons and cater to cat people. Focus on going fast, not power steering on a sled that a 12 year old girl can steer as it is.

Proof once again that Yamaha is the worst thing to ever happen to cat. Even worse than textron

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JFC ... you know it's bad when a guy who's been riding Cats since he was a kid (he's now 64) and is as DIE HARD of a Cat guy as they get, is ready to look at snow checking another brand for 2022.  This buddy of mine is like a Ford vs. Chevy type of guy, who you'd NEVER believe being capable of considering the "other" brand.  But he got some seat time on another buddy's sled a couple weeks ago, and is tired of waiting for Cat to bring something new to the table.  Now, his wife is also as brand loyal as they come & they have Cat side by sides so I'll believe it when I see it.  But just to hear him say, "It's time to look elsewhere" ... damn!!!  Thanks Textron, for ruining what has always been a fun & exciting time of year as we all would brag about our upcoming snow check models and being pumped up for the latest & greatest.  Power steering and BNG's just don't cut it ... and neither do overpriced munchkin sleds.

My new 2022 model cat shows up tomorrow night in the form of a 2012 sno pro 500 with 2200 miles. :guzzle:  I don't ride enough anymore to justify a new expensive sled.

Now if I can only find an affordable 1100 turbo to play around with yet....

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

JFC ... you know it's bad when a guy who's been riding Cats since he was a kid (he's now 64) and is as DIE HARD of a Cat guy as they get, is ready to look at snow checking another brand for 2022.  This buddy of mine is like a Ford vs. Chevy type of guy, who you'd NEVER believe being capable of considering the "other" brand.  But he got some seat time on another buddy's sled a couple weeks ago, and is tired of waiting for Cat to bring something new to the table.  Now, his wife is also as brand loyal as they come & they have Cat side by sides so I'll believe it when I see it.  But just to hear him say, "It's time to look elsewhere" ... damn!!!  Thanks Textron, for ruining what has always been a fun & exciting time of year as we all would brag about our upcoming snow check models and being pumped up for the latest & greatest.  Power steering and BNG's just don't cut it ... and neither do overpriced munchkin sleds.

I've got one just the same.  Rides a couple thousand miles/ year always on cat.  He'll be on ski-doo next year, and he's not afraid to admit it.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, I'd be good with a new plastics package, new lamps and a streamlined seat config.  I like the PC.  Solid performer.

Yeah, but yer a Homer :lol:

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

he's not alone, the band of Madcatter's is looking for new roadies and groupies... it's sad when the diehards start telling Textron to :kiss:

38 minutes ago, hayward said:

My new 2022 model cat shows up tomorrow night in the form of a 2012 sno pro 500 with 2200 miles. :guzzle:  I don't ride enough anymore to justify a new expensive sled.

Now if I can only find an affordable 1100 turbo to play around with yet....

for what I stuck in the 720 this year including the purchase price I'm slightly less than a new 65hp B-Last which is sort've on par with a new 600/650 RXC/XCR/XRS performance wise.  and... Suzuki.

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, I'd be good with a new plastics package, new lamps and a streamlined seat config.  I like the PC.  Solid performer.

sure, but all 94% of the rest of the world sees now (not including Ramstad) is a 2012 with an EPA engine that hasn't proven itself.  

Textron Cat is not the Arctic Cat we love... hope they prove me COMPLETELY wrong because BRP & Polaris brought their fucking A-game for 2022... again. 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Im borderline myself, and i feel wrong even sitting on another brand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Im borderline myself, and i feel wrong even sitting on another brand.

It's nice to feel DIrty once and awhile or were you thinking Yamaha

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm so tired of people blaming Textron for any cat frustrations.  The modern day boogeyman apparently.  Because cat was doing just awesome as a company when Textron bought them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I'm so tired of people blaming Textron for any cat frustrations.  The modern day boogeyman apparently.  Because cat was doing just awesome as a company when Textron bought them.

What has Textron done, though?  I mean sure, they bailed out Cat when they were hurting but everyone thought that would be a huge shot in the arm to bringing some new stuff to the table.  And yet here we are with another year of BNG's and guys having to settle for Year #11 of the ProCross.  I get that people are happy with the ProCross, but 11 f'ing years???  If it was any other brand you guys would be all over that shit.

Cat doesn't have the market share to fund the R&D required to keep up these days.  They still make some good products but it's tough to get too excited about what they have going on.  Combine that with the pure incompetence on the sales and marketing side and the future doesn't look good for them.

The money is in the high performance models and mountain sleds.  Think of the margins once you put a 850, 137" track, and fancy gauge on a new Polaris or Doo.  They can't be more than $500 extra to make compared to a shorty 600 with the basic gauges but they sell them for $5,000 more.

No one is dropping $17.5k on a Cat like they will a Lynx.  And Polaris has already sold out of turbo'd 850s.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he's not alone, the band of Madcatter's is looking for new roadies and groupies... it's sad when the diehards start telling Textron to :kiss:

for what I stuck in the 720 this year including the purchase price I'm slightly less than a new 65hp B-Last which is sort've on par with a new 600/650 RXC/XCR/XRS performance wise.  and... Suzuki.

sure, but all 94% of the rest of the world sees now (not including Ramstad) is a 2012 with an EPA engine that hasn't proven itself.  

Textron Cat is not the Arctic Cat we love... hope they prove me COMPLETELY wrong because BRP & Polaris brought their fucking A-game for 2022... again. 

A real die hard wouldn't bitch about it.  By definition, they cannot be a die hard.  

Your 720 is not a Suzuki, sorry.

I don't see why you people care so fucking much about what cat is doing.  If you don't like the sleds, don't fucking buy them.  But why bitch about them then?  Just buy something else!  Do you know how many things in this world I don't buy because I don't like it or have no use for it?  For fuck sake.  Get over it.  If you think cat sucks that's great, why do you have to talk about it all day?  Do you just like to focus on negative shit or what?

It is what it is and they are what they are.

I already know the response.. "because I want to see cat do good".  Which is a bullshit emotional response.  Just like whatever you like.  If you think a brp or a Polaris is cool, just like whatever you think is cool.  

Edited by mnstang

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

What has Textron done, though?  I mean sure, they bailed out Cat when they were hurting but everyone thought that would be a huge shot in the arm to bringing some new stuff to the table.  And yet here we are with another year of BNG's and guys having to settle for Year #11 of the ProCross.  I get that people are happy with the ProCross, but 11 f'ing years???  If it was any other brand you guys would be all over that shit.

What have they done?  Textron acquired cat Jan 25th 2017.

Here's some things that has happened since.  Ctec 800.  Alpha.  2020 new front end.  Riot/x.  Blast.  And the other year to year refinements like new handlebar setup, cf TCL, etc.  Oh and, kept CAT in BUSINESS.

I'm not even here to argue about the procross if you like it or not.  But to my understanding, Cat was FUCKED when Textron bought them.  And then since they haven't completely turned everything around since the acquisition, Textron is the worst ever and is the reason "cat sucks".  It's just the same stupid pile-on mob mentality that you see if you turn on the news, which I don't.

What 5 year span was worse for cat 2012-2017 or 2017-2022?  If you can be honest about that, how can you possibly blame Textron for cat's problems?  The early years of the procross was a disaster, and that is the sole reason cat is where they are today.  Once they got behind and were trying to sort that sled for years, it's hard to come back.  In my eyes I blame alot of it on that ceo they had during that time.  Was he some french canadian douche?  I forget his name.  Jean Claude?  Pierre something something?  But that's the problem with some CEOs, they maximize profits by watering down design and using china suppliers, good for a year or two before it catches up with the numbers and they bounce before the stocks go down from the quality issues catches up with final numbers.  

I'm just tired of the Textron blaming.  Is cat killing it as a company, hell no.  Do I think it's textrons fault?  No.  In my eyes cat has only been better since textron got them.  I'm not saying that is a result of textrons, who knows, but they've made better stuff.  So I just don't get it.  Cat was fucked before Textron, more fucked than right now just based on time I don't think cat would be here now if they didn't get bought.

Honestly, textron might be sitting there looking at this industry and the investment it would take to really make cat compete for market share, and the return on investment is probably just not there.  

It's just tiring, I see all the retards on the stupid fucking FB groups blaming textron all fucking day and I snapped lol.  But I stand behind everything I said if you don't agree let's hear it.  Do you think the 2012-2017 cat was better than the 2017-2021?  Pretty hard to blame textron there bud....

• Like 2