Check your account email address ×

Bad news...

On 2/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, mnstang said:

Not a bad idea to run some premix after a rebuild to make sure the pump is working.  I usually hold the pump arm open too until I notice it is smoking more, can take a minute or two.  Good luck with those panels, hardest part of the job!

Always 100:1 premix after a rebuild , I never thought about the pump arm , thats a great idea!

Hopefully I can get parts without a delay and can get it back together and salvage the season , if not I am going to try to get my hands on a sno pro 500 I think and spring order a new sled.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, Zambroski said:

Where is he anyway?  I haven't been on Arctic Chat for a good while.  I guess he's just hanging out there?  He'd really fit in well here.

idk why he hasn't made his way over here, probably not enough Polaris guys to torture.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, Zambroski said:

Not for nothing you guys but, I can 150% assure you that Fortune knows what he's doing.  If his pump just shit out...it just shit out.

you talking about the ISOC ski and snow flap inspector?  :lol:

On 2/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, Sled_Hed said:

Yep Tom and crew are top notch and always know you by name no matter how much you spend there. Picked up this gem there last week

FB_IMG_1613262866279.jpg

really love the look of those 60th anniversary Cats!  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Always 100:1 premix after a rebuild , I never thought about the pump arm , thats a great idea!

Hopefully I can get parts without a delay and can get it back together and salvage the season , if not I am going to try to get my hands on a sno pro 500 I think and spring order a new sled.

you didn't know the arm trick?  I do the arm trick as part of my winterization process - get it good and warmed up and hold that arm till it smokes like a mo-fo

why would you want a sled for 'women and kids?' - and may I suggest you get an RXC?  until Cat straightens out the 800's I wouldn't touch one - which is a fucking shame.  what happened to your 7000 dream, is Wes still looking for Covid-$ ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk why he hasn't made his way over here, probably not enough Polaris guys to torture.

you talking about the ISOC ski and snow flap inspector?  :lol:

really love the look of those 60th anniversary Cats!  :thumbsup:

you didn't know the arm trick?  I do the arm trick as part of my winterization process - get it good and warmed up and hold that arm till it smokes like a mo-fo

why would you want a sled for 'women and kids?' - and may I suggest you get an RXC?  until Cat straightens out the 800's I wouldn't touch one - which is a fucking shame.  what happened to your 7000 dream, is Wes still looking for Covid-$ ?

2022 Cats wish for the cool factor of a Bravo

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Cat faithful needed help from ramstad...

....to get the hood off and on.  ROFL.  Your new name on HCS fortune is firecat_freak?  

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/what’s-the-trick-to-getting-the-hood-off-‘15-6000.1879156/

someone alert Rick - QUICKLY!!!

tell him it's safe now that all the people that would be razzing him have been kicked off HCS...

have people never heard of You Tube?  I mean christ, take the easy way out before posting that kind of stuff FFS

:)

- ARE WE NO LONGER MEN - I ask you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Cat faithful needed help from ramstad...

....to get the hood off and on.  ROFL.  Your new name on HCS fortune is firecat_freak?  

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/what’s-the-trick-to-getting-the-hood-off-‘15-6000.1879156/

Lol nope. I stay the hell away from anything VS now. Don’t want to get Joes internet aids. If I do go back to HCS it’ll be under the name Joepischgarlikesdsinhisb

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I just bought a sled that they ran the oil dry.  Damage to one piston.  Lower end is fine.  And I ordered a cylinder.

I have a gallon of muriatic acid and have tried on numerous engines.  I can see how it can work, it definitely eats aluminum and not steel.. but every time I have some metal transfer I've found there is usually at least a hairline crack on the cylinder lining..  as was the case on this last one also.  Hopefully yours ain't too bad.  The 500's are nice and reliable and plenty for the woods.  Good chassis, better than procross..

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

someone alert Rick - QUICKLY!!!

tell him it's safe now that all the people that would be razzing him have been kicked off HCS...

have people never heard of You Tube?  I mean christ, take the easy way out before posting that kind of stuff FFS

:)

- ARE WE NO LONGER MEN - I ask you!

Some dumbfucks on HCS at one point were bitching about spark plugs removal on ctec 800.  I posted a video using the factory toolkit and not taking off the pipe and it taking about 30 seconds.  Crickets followed.  Fucking dumbfucks

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Still can't see my notifications lol fucking PISHGAR

Screenshot_20210214-220005.png

then how can you read posts from the KING of CLUTCH KITS?
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/650-vs-800ho.1878066/post-20554404

Ricky never disappoints - and Butterstorm plays him like a fiddle

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

LOL.  Same old Rickie.

I told him once there was no one clutch setup that fits all application as he's claiming with his.  He just went off into orbit on that one.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Both are tool bags.  But of the two...I'd rather have a beer with Ricky.  

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

LOL.  Same old Rickie.

I told him once there was no one clutch setup that fits all application as he's claiming with his.  He just went off into orbit on that one.

Shut up, Doug!  That's why Ricky has a "#1" and "#2" double cut helix.  That's all you need for sure and the cut numbers are a closely guarded industry secret!!!!!!!

:lol: 

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shut up, Doug!  That's why Ricky has a "#1" and "#2" double cut helix.  That's all you need for sure and the cut numbers are a closely guarded industry secret!!!!!!!

You could give Rickie a private lesson on hood removal and he could share one of the secret helix angles.

I just read the "Our clutch kit" posts and I think Rickie bumped it up a notch on how good he is.  My only question is will their 650 beat their 800?  Still amazed that just one clutch kit is good for trail riding, snow drags, radar runs, ice drags, snowcross, hill climbs, the soo, grass drags and of course iron dog

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

not me, I'd rather share a butter burger with Butterstorm - and the drive would be cheaper.

28 minutes ago, Doug said:

I just read the "Our clutch kit" posts and I think Rickie bumped it up a notch on how good he is.  My only question is will their 650 beat their 800?  Still amazed that just one clutch kit is good for trail riding, snow drags, radar runs, ice drags, snowcross, hill climbs, the soo, grass drags and of course iron dog

all you need to know is Iron Dog Doug...

Dog Doug...

Doug...

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not me, I'd rather share a butter burger with Butterstorm - and the drive would be cheaper.

all you need to know is Iron Dog Doug...

Dog Doug...

Doug...

All I got to say is if your not riding your missing some great trails across the state.  I'm not saying Rickie doesn't know what he's talking about or has a bad product.  He should just tone it back a little on his claims.

Edited by Doug

11 minutes ago, Doug said:

All I got to say is if your not riding your missing some great trails across the state.  I'll not saying Rickie doesn't know what he's talking about or has a bad product.  He should just tone it back a little on his claims.

We spent YEARS trying to get him to do that. Literally all of the mods/admins did. He would agree, back it down for a little while and then crank the knobs right back up. 

58 minutes ago, Doug said:

All I got to say is if your not riding your missing some great trails across the state.  I'll not saying Rickie doesn't know what he's talking about or has a bad product.  He should just tone it back a little on his claims.

this has been my worst season of riding in the past four, or five.  this whole 'going to work' thing has ruined my game.  time for the wife to get a part time job so I can continue my bum lifestyle.  

46 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

We spent YEARS trying to get him to do that. Literally all of the mods/admins did. He would agree, back it down for a little while and then crank the knobs right back up. 

he's a special unit, and as much fun as it was to wind him up and watch him go - I actually respect his fortitude and effort. 

but the batshit crazy side of him when he gets rolling.... is:lol2: