Check your account email address ×

Who makes the best side by side?

From what ive seen the poo razrs seem to hold up the best....can am is a close 2nd tho....the cats are bad.    Kawi tyrexs are also good and imo best bang for the buck.

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I'm thinking about getting one what do you guys think? I need a four seater 

Depends on the intended use. 

I have a four seat rzr for my family. Trail use only. If I wanted a work machine, it would probably be a Yamaha Viking. 

Yamaha, Honda generally has best build quality, Polaris has best suspensions, good engines, and most accessories. Build quality is average at best. 

Can am has shit suspensions, shit engine placement, good hp, good fit and finish, terrible clutches, lots of in cab heat and noise. 

Cats aren't worth looking at unless you're a die hard cat guy. 

Kawi teryx is slow, loud, rough suspension, but pretty much bulletproof. 

Work machine= jap machine.

play machine= probably stuck with Polaris 

test drive them all. I did. 

Side x side is pretty general these days because there's so much out there. For pure sport I would say obviously a Rzr, for work the can-am defender. For a combo the Polaris general looks like a great machine, but it's pricey and brand new. The Honda pioneer 1000 is too, and I don't know how that transmission would be for rough terrain.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pending what  you want to use it for the Polaris Ranger 900 xp is hard to beat.   Plenty of power, traction and suspension.   Nice ergo's with the bench seat and large box.   

8 hours ago, DAVE said:

From what ive seen the poo razrs seem to hold up the best....can am is a close 2nd tho....the cats are bad.    Kawi tyrexs are also good and imo best bang for the buck.

Vince said the rzr rides like a dump truck compared to a wildcat...

I agree with most of the comments,

Go with a RZR if it just going to be a toy.

I know a lot of guys who sell the idea to their wives as it being a multi purpose vehicle.

personally, ours is a toy, not going to plow snow, or haul shit around  in it.

Rode with a couple can-ams on memorial day, they seemed nice.

I like the tilt down bed, tailgate, storage.

The wives were bitching about the heat, they were cooking in there.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Vince said the rzr rides like a dump truck compared to a wildcat...

The wildcat rides very nice....it seems to be designed more for a dune machine then riding trails and going through mud....they have to many reliability issues and the design of there front end(tie rods in front of a arms) can be a pita.

As stated by Legend, it really depends on your intended use as to what one to get.  I had a RzR S and it was a blast!  The build quality is pretty middle of the road in comparison to Can-Am and Yamaha.  The Can-Am has some good power I understand, but is expensive and the suspension isn't there like the Poo.  For riding around on side roads and such, my opinion is to get none of them and get a used Jeep.