Check your account email address ×

Fox body stangs are for little girls

• Gold Member

I got a 87 notch and I’ve had 10 or so fox cars over the years. I love the fox mustang cheap(well use to be), light, cheap to mod, easy to work on. Not sure if I agree they need a engine swap to be good I’d take a stroked 351 over a coyote any day. I think those that don’t like them probably have only ever seen there tail lights.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I got a 87 notch and I’ve had 10 or so fox cars over the years. I love the fox mustang cheap(well use to be), light, cheap to mod, easy to work on. Not sure if I agree they need a engine swap to be good I’d take a stroked 351 over a coyote any day. I think those that don’t like them probably have only ever seen there tail lights.

Exactly.

I was always a big GM guy. My uncle had an Iroc Z that couldn't spin it's tires to save it's life. Native kid had an old beat up 86 four eye with an automatic. That would smoke the ever living shit out of it's tires.

That day I became a fox fan and had to have my very own.

Crude, rough, loud, light, torquey little death trap. No abs, no traction control, wet roads and dirt on the pave make for alot of excitement.

Mine doesn't come out unless it's dry out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

I still own old tech carbed cars, and also have new tech stuff. The old stuff is nice to look at, but cann,t hold a candle to the new tech. Anyone that cann,t understand that, needs a brainware update. 

I drive new tech every day. Boring. Yes the new mustangs and vettes are monsters butI love the old stuff 

My 56 chevy will remain stock. 3 on the tree, inline six, drum brakes.

It's so raw, so involved. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I still own old tech carbed cars, and also have new tech stuff. The old stuff is nice to look at, but cann,t hold a candle to the new tech. Anyone that cann,t understand that, needs a brainware update. 

I had a 05 gt got it first year they came out. I sold that car a couple years later and have had several fox cars since. Ya new cars drive better, run better, make more power, don’t rattle etc. etc.  but I’ve always had the most fun beating around in a fox doing donuts, burn outs for days, racing light to light, hearing that catless beast purr, just so light can whip the thing around like nothing and no stupid traction control. Idk for what I do with the a muscle car which is basically a weekend or nice day car for me nothing is more fun to drive than a old unrefined shit box like a done up fox

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I had a 05 gt got it first year they came out. I sold that car a couple years later and have had several fox cars since. Ya new cars drive better, run better, make more power, don’t rattle etc. etc.  but I’ve always had the most fun beating around in a fox doing donuts, burn outs for days, racing light to light, hearing that catless beast purr, just so light can whip the thing around like nothing and no stupid traction control. Idk for what I do with the a muscle car which is basically a weekend or nice day car for me nothing is more fun to drive than a old unrefined shit box like a done up fox

Perfectly said.

I did try the catless x pipe. Couldn't do it. Too fucking loud! 😂

• Like 1

I've had a few old cars years ago. I had a 66 Chevy II, 67 Camaro SS , 69 Barracuda 340 FB, 73 Vega with a SB and they all did the A to B pretty quick. In 85 I bought a GT and thought wtf it's only half the HP of anything I had but it was a crazy car. The Goodyear Eagles were shit, the car was useless in rain and it would put you sideways in the first 3 gears. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Perfectly said.

I took the short headers off and put full length, full exhaust and no catalytic. You could hear it alright.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Perfectly said.

Catless h-pipe for mine she’s loud, smells like burning gas, makes your eyes water at stop light but I love it :roflcrying:

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

It's my first car and I still own it.

Could have sold it 100X for good money.

20180516_112749.jpg

That's still one of my favorites.  Just classy good looks.  I've always liked those.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Catless h-pipe for mine she’s loud, smells like burning gas, makes your eyes water at stop light but I love it :roflcrying:

I still have some "muscle" on my mind.  I pulled all the exhaust off my tundra from the block and put long tubes and ditched the epa shit all the way back.  Loud as fuck when I jump on it but the torque it makes is just unreal now.  Runs dirty as shit though....but that's what theses masks are for...the ones that can't stand the smell of POWAH!!!  :lmao:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

how does it feel to be beaten by a camry?  

Fox bodies have actually grown on me but only because so many are putting in modern power and suspensions.  Before i bought the SxS i was considering one for this summers toy.  

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

how does it feel to be beaten by a camry?  

Fox bodies have actually grown on me but only because so many are putting in modern power and suspensions.  Before i bought the SxS i was considering one for this summers toy.  

I’ve been beat by a lot of cars never a Camry though lol. That doesn’t make the car any less fun. I never claimed there the fastest thing on planet earth but it is definitely one of the funniest cars I’ve ever owned or driven.

I’ll always have a push rod motor in it but I did start to redo my suspension couple years back along with another color change. Pa racing k member, bilstein struts, steeda springs,maximum motorsports cc plates, bmr uca and lca in the rear. It should be even funnier to drive now but it’s on the back burner kids and life took over for now.

B3702FFD-E681-42C3-A572-4DFD7EBEC2E4.jpeg

74A61219-9BD9-4F7F-8DA5-7C65BD4B165C.jpeg

BAAFFD96-A72E-4C74-AE85-1DF644A4AFFC.jpeg

• Like 1

The Fox body helped create the performance marketplace as we know it now. I remember when Summit Racing’s catalog was very small.....then the Mustang came along and many companies started and/or got bigger. 

I didn’t like Mustangs for 1 reason back then. Every Mustang owner with Flownasters thought they where fastest on the street. Lol. Even with stock motors.  Made lots of $$$ off them racing them and working on their cars though. 

Yes, I was around when Mcleland (sp?) 1st made a pair of Mufflers for his ‘fastest street cars in the US’ (this was before NMCA) car. Wow, I’m getting old. Lol.

I,ve owned a lot of beautiful sixties muscle cars, mustangs, cudas, grand prixs, etc, and they were great in their time frame, but except for beautiful styling, nothing comes close performance wise to to-days high tech engines. Imagine having 5 different performance levels that control tranny shift points and engine shift points at the flick of a switch. No messing around with jets, valve bodies, etc. etc. The new auto trannies work awesome. I don,t think many guys can row a manual as fast or as consistent as an auto shifts.   If you want to use paddle shifters, that option is there waiting for you as well. Nostalgia is great, and kinda warps the mind, into thinking the old stuff was great. Once you have driven or own some of the latest new tech, it,s really hard to drive the old stuff. Not near as comfortable, or easy to drive. However, the old stuff sure gets a lot of attention at car shows. Like probably anyone that has owned some of the nice old stuff, I kinda miss my 68 mustang gt 390 4 speed fastback bullet green one the most, of any old car I have owned in the past.

• Thanks 1