Check your account email address ×

Snow Rated All Season Tires

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don’t need dedicated snows for our MKX so I’m looking a set of All Season/Snow Rated...considering these....they look wonky but reviews  are good. 

E8FEB032-5CBC-4A08-9246-7DF328956A65.thumb.png.0e0150bc811acbc1aada923a539837b5.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Jimmy Snacks changed the title to Snow Rated All Season Tires
  • Gold Member

Only tire i have experience with recently is the continental cross contact, have them on the wife's taurus and they were very good in the snow last winter. I have a different continental model on my explorer but I run dedicated snows on that. Absolutely no complaints on the continental brand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Only tire i have experience with recently is the continental cross contact, have them on the wife's taurus and they were very good in the snow last winter. I have a different continental model on my explorer but I run dedicated snows on that. Absolutely no complaints on the continental brand. 

The Continental are good tires. I've been happy with every set I've ever bought from them.  Just put Continental CONTROL CONTACT TOUR A/S PLUS on my wife's van.  80k mile rated and they have good traction in the snow.  I never put on a winter tire, just an all season or all terrain that is rated good in the snow.

• Thanks 1

Michelins are absolutely the best quality tire there is.

With that said I have no experience with that specific model.  I haven't had a personal vehicle without dedicated snow tires in a very long time.  That's the only way to go, I have no time for bullshit all season tires in the winter and there is no down side other than storing an extra set in the off season.  Extremely small price to pay 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The Continental are good tires. I've been happy with every set I've ever bought from them.  Just put Continental CONTROL CONTACT TOUR A/S PLUS on my wife's van.  80k mile rated and they have good traction in the snow.  I never put on a winter tire, just an all season or all terrain that is rated good in the snow.

The X5 had 2 different load range Michelins on it when I bought it, went right to Contis. Been running them on the convertible since like 2011. Dang good tires.

I dislike most all season tires. Run whatevah in the summer and throw on the Blizzaks when the time comes.

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

With that said I have no experience with that specific model.  I haven't had a personal vehicle without dedicated snow tires in a very long time.  That's the only way to go, I have no time for bullshit all season tires in the winter and there is no down side other than storing an extra set in the off season.  Extremely small price to pay 

What I said. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The X5 had 2 different load range Michelins on it when I bought it, went right to Contis. Been running them on the convertible since like 2011. Dang good tires.

I dislike most all season tires. Run whatevah in the summer and throw on the Blizzaks when the time comes.

Michelina are good too.  Had a few sets of those over the years.  Spendy tires though.

Only tires I won't buy now is Goodyear.

My truck has some kick off Pathfinder All Terrains from Discount tire that came on it when I bought it.  Even those are pretty good.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Put Blizzaks with dedicated rims on the Camry for winter.  Unbelievable how much difference they make.  Take off 18” low profile and put on 16” with Blizzaks.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Have Toyo Celsius tires on our Impala and Exploder and love them.  

I just discovered these on Simple Tire...they sound excellent.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Put Blizzaks with dedicated rims on the Camry for winter.  Unbelievable how much difference they make.  Take off 18” low profile and put on 16” with Blizzaks.  

My daughter goes to school in Marquette and I put Blizzaks on her Jeep..awesome snow tires.

• Like 1

We have Michelin Defenders on wifes AWD Durango. They are excellent tires in every condition we have driven it. And are wearing like iron. For a wifes/daughters vehicle I feel great about them. 

I dont know anything about OP tire but Im sure a severe snow service rated tire from Michelin will be very good in snow. 

• Thanks 1

I put a set of BFG Advantage T/A’s on the wife’s old Jeep Grand Cherokee last year. They seem decent. Not as good as a full blown winter tire but better than a basic all season. That said, my work beater Grand Prix has two sets of wheels and tires. All seasons for summer and Michelin Ice Xs for the winter. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I don’t have an account so it won’t show me anything.