Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

So that Polaris track I put on the f3 is blowing apart after 200 miles. Must have been dried out 

hard to find an interesting 1.5” track so gonna try this 14 wide free ride on it. See if it affects the top end over the 1.5” 15 wide on it now 

B5AE757F-D9A1-414F-8176-0628D97F8533.jpeg

18 hours ago, ACE said:

Bought this 95 last year from a guy for cheap last year. Runs like dog shit so the boy and I are trying to figure it out 

E1C62370-F072-4DF0-BC1C-B3BDB3BAF7CD.jpeg

It was running like shit because the carbs were ridiculously out of sync

• Like 1

Got 1100 miles on and sled went down easy. Saved cylinder and did a new top end. While waiting on parts I just decided to swap tracks and pulll everything apart and inspect improve clean etc. 

I was running full slp exhaust and a durability kit with shim and I knew it might be lean. It got -20f and I let the motor get hot also coming back into town and that’s what I thought did it. 

I knew my tps was fucked up also like a lot of these but when I got it on the bench to calibrate it was way more fucked than I thought. Polaris base setting is .69-.71V and mine was at .671

My whole map was extremely lean and the sled didn’t really run right at all the whole 1100 miles I rode it. Some of it was shit relays, some was massive temp swings etc etc. The tps was the main culprit though 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Got 1100 miles on and sled went down easy. Saved cylinder and did a new top end. While waiting on parts I just decided to swap tracks and pulll everything apart and inspect improve clean etc. 

I was running full slp exhaust and a durability kit with shim and I knew it might be lean. It got -20f and I let the motor get hot also coming back into town and that’s what I thought did it. 

I knew my tps was fucked up also like a lot of these but when I got it on the bench to calibrate it was way more fucked than I thought. Polaris base setting is .69-.71V and mine was at .671

My whole map was extremely lean and the sled didn’t really run right at all the whole 1100 miles I rode it. Some of it was shit relays, some was massive temp swings etc etc. The tps was the main culprit though 

If the entire map is lean just bump the fuel pressure a couple lbs 

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

If the entire map is lean just bump the fuel pressure a couple lbs 

No way to do that without hacking up the stock lines and adding fpr. WY easier to just calibrate tps properly with good tools. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No way to do that without hacking up the stock lines and adding fpr. WY easier to just calibrate tps properly with good tools. 

Like a multi meter lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Crazy how TPS is still a problem for Polaris after all these years.  My dad had a 1992 Indy 500 EFI (the hot pink and black one) and it started like absolute dog shit for the first year we had it.  One dealer couldn't figure it out so he took it to another who found the TPS was set all stupid from the factory.  Set it correctly and the thing ran like an electric train until the idiot who we sold it to wrapped it around a tree.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Who's durability kit was in it?

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Unless you cut the clearances larger and put up with start up knock. 

They honed the cyls to .005 for clearance and I never hammered it until warm and it showed 4 corner wear after 1100 miles.

Edited by f7ben