Check your account email address ×

Stocks tanking

4 hours ago, jdsky said:

The market is doing exactly what it normally does on good news - sell.  Smart money is going to be profit taking on these highs and buying on the next dip.  This market is going to be a roller coaster for some time to come.  Out of control debt and spending, unlimited money printing policy.  At some point the coke runs out and someone has to clean up after the party.  Going to be the average joe getting soaked yet again in the end. 

Yep, the only thing a big stock market means in 2020 is that inflation is big.  Which is bad news.  All that printed money is bad.  These stimulus bills are really bad for the country.

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why do you call me an idiot?  

I have been telling you to take all of your money out of the stock market. At your age you shouldnt be in any volatile investments and if you have as much as you say you wont spend it all so take it out. dumb fuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yep, the only thing a big stock market means in 2020 is that inflation is big.  Which is bad news.  All that printed money is bad.  These stimulus bills are really bad for the country.

Inflation certainly is a future threat, but not the reason the stock market has performed well.  Inflation remains relatively low for now but is projected to crack 2% next year, not terrible given the circumstances.  And most economists agree without a stimulus we would have been in a depression from shutting the economy down cold, so I would disagree with your last statement.  And it no way shape or form am I saying the debt is not a problem.  I still question the whole idea of shutting down the economy in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have been telling you to take all of your money out of the stock market. At your age you shouldnt be in any volatile investments and if you have as much as you say you wont spend it all so take it out. dumb fuck

i would not say all but a well rounded portfolio for his age he should be not worrying about day to day swings.   he also would have missed out on a bunch of gains given a normal mix for a guy in his 70's so he lucked out into a goldmine.  Put enough to pay your bills till you die in a low risk investment and let the rest ride.   Snotty doesn't really spend any money.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would not say all but a well rounded portfolio for his age he should be not worrying about day to day swings.   he also would have missed out on a bunch of gains given a normal mix for a guy in his 70's so he lucked out into a goldmine.  Put enough to pay your bills till you die in a low risk investment and let the rest ride.   Snotty doesn't really spend any money.  

Hey whatever he says he has "millions" so fuck take it out and spend that shit. Make a budget of $1 mil a year

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Inflation certainly is a future threat, but not the reason the stock market has performed well.  Inflation remains relatively low for now but is projected to crack 2% next year, not terrible given the circumstances.  And most economists agree without a stimulus we would have been in a depression from shutting the economy down cold, so I would disagree with your last statement.  And it no way shape or form am I saying the debt is not a problem.  I still question the whole idea of shutting down the economy in the first place.

I'm not saying inflation caused it but there is a correlation.  

I don't think the stimulus did jack shit for depression/recession.  Some people got 1200, some less, some none.  Some people have been told by the government that they can not work, and it's been going on for almost a year now, and they maybe got 1200 bucks.  1200 isn't anything.  I'm not a fan of government passing out money but I'm also not a fan of government telling people they can't provide for themselves.

And let's get real with that stimulus, look at the breakdown and where the money went.. a TINY fraction went to the people.  A huge majority went to giant industries like the airline companies and all these other places.  I heard one commentators say that the 1200 stimulus's costed the average American 40k.

I don't care who you're listening to about inflation.. printing money creates inflation.  Why is the government paying anybody?  They don't have money!  To print out money and hand it out, us creating inflation.  Maybe it takes a while for your analysts to see the results in their metrics, I don't need to see anything, they're printing out money.  And when you're only get a tiny minority of that share of the printed money, you're losing.

1200$ didn't make or break anyone, they used that 1200$ to blind regular people's to not see the giant corporate welfare and wealth redistributing they are pulling.

If these corporations like the airlines get bankruptcy insurance from the federal government, they should be paying an insurance premium for this service.

All these corporate bailouts are bs.  Our military spending is absolutely insane and extremely corrupted.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

OMG!! You guys are funny!!!  You are partly right though. I don't spend on vacations and that kind of stuff.  No fancy clothes either. Actually, if you saw my work clothes  you would think I was a street bum, or a hobo passing through town near the tracks. 

I do SPEND a lot on taxes and regular bills, and helping family members. That's where my money does go. 

I do appreciate your scenario of low-risk separation, you are right on that. At some point I will try to shift some into more secure 

status. 

Mr. Snowblower, Mr. Plow,,,,,,,,,,,,asskickers from THE GRANITE STATE!!!!!!!     :bc:

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

OMG!! You guys are funny!!!  You are partly right though. I don't spend on vacations and that kind of stuff.  No fancy clothes either. Actually, if you saw my work clothes  you would think I was a street bum, or a hobo passing through town near the tracks. 

I do SPEND a lot on taxes and regular bills, and helping family members. That's where my money does go. 

I do appreciate your scenario of low-risk separation, you are right on that. At some point I will try to shift some into more secure 

status. 

Mr. Snowblower, Mr. Plow,,,,,,,,,,,,asskickers from THE GRANITE STATE!!!!!!!     :bc:

You are such a faggot....where’s my money

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Hey whatever he says he has "millions" so fuck take it out and spend that shit. Make a budget of $1 mil a year

Hey, wait a minute!!!  So, now it seems that you do believe I  am fairly wealthy???????

What about my broads? Do you believe they were my broads??

What about my police stuff? Do you now believe I WAS singled-out of two State Police agencies for my physical abilities?

What about my place ? Do you now believe I own a massive estate, or no?   

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm not saying inflation caused it but there is a correlation.  

I don't think the stimulus did jack shit for depression/recession.  Some people got 1200, some less, some none.  Some people have been told by the government that they can not work, and it's been going on for almost a year now, and they maybe got 1200 bucks.  1200 isn't anything.  I'm not a fan of government passing out money but I'm also not a fan of government telling people they can't provide for themselves.

And let's get real with that stimulus, look at the breakdown and where the money went.. a TINY fraction went to the people.  A huge majority went to giant industries like the airline companies and all these other places.  I heard one commentators say that the 1200 stimulus's costed the average American 40k.

I don't care who you're listening to about inflation.. printing money creates inflation.  Why is the government paying anybody?  They don't have money!  To print out money and hand it out, us creating inflation.  Maybe it takes a while for your analysts to see the results in their metrics, I don't need to see anything, they're printing out money.  And when you're only get a tiny minority of that share of the printed money, you're losing.

1200$ didn't make or break anyone, they used that 1200$ to blind regular people's to not see the giant corporate welfare and wealth redistributing they are pulling.

If these corporations like the airlines get bankruptcy insurance from the federal government, they should be paying an insurance premium for this service.

All these corporate bailouts are bs.  Our military spending is absolutely insane and extremely corrupted.  

Thousands of businesses got forgivable loans to keep their people employed and stay in business, and it was still barely enough.  Without it, layoffs would have been in the millions, and cost to the economy and gdp in the trillions.  Pick our poison I guess.  We have a friend who is in the lumber business, has several hundred employees, and his business pretty much stopped dead.  He got 1.5 million, said it was basically payroll for 2 to 3 weeks.  Airlines, lumber business, you name it they all provide jobs.

I get your point about inflation, you said it was here.  I just said its not here yet.  As far as who I'm  listening to, I get bombarded with economic analysis daily, its what I do for a living, navigate through all the opinions and data out there.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey, wait a minute!!!  So, now it seems that you do believe I  am fairly wealthy???????

What about my police stuff? Do you now believe I WAS singled-out of two State Police agencies for my physical abilities?

All B.S !!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

No I dont believe you because if you had millions and you had broads you would be in miami or somewhere fucking broads on your boat but instead you are on here blabbering like an idiot with a bunch of strangers. 

18 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

People are yacking about businesses being lost and a lot of suffering. Seems like everyone here has seen the best financial year of their lives for 2020. I just sold 500 shares of Moderna that I bought at the end of March. I praise the lord everyday for covid19. 

Sure you did.  Gonna upgrade the 10 year old minivan?

14 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Thousands of businesses got forgivable loans to keep their people employed and stay in business, and it was still barely enough.  Without it, layoffs would have been in the millions, and cost to the economy and gdp in the trillions.  Pick our poison I guess.  We have a friend who is in the lumber business, has several hundred employees, and his business pretty much stopped dead.  He got 1.5 million, said it was basically payroll for 2 to 3 weeks.  Airlines, lumber business, you name it they all provide jobs.

I get your point about inflation, you said it was here.  I just said its not here yet.  As far as who I'm  listening to, I get bombarded with economic analysis daily, its what I do for a living, navigate through all the opinions and data out there.  :bc: 

I moved most of my public equity portfolio into cash a couple of weeks ago.   I'll be moving to mostly private/target based investments going forward unless there is a major correction. 

There's an old saying, when the bagholders arrive and assume their rightful position, it time for destiny to do what destiny does.:lol:

Spin/Snowrider in the market, what can go wrong?:lol:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sadly, the Sienna has been replaced. Purchase price was $1750 out of an auction. Owned it for 39 months. Spent $700 on springs, struts, brakes, and tires. Sold it 3 months ago for $5800. Told you about Moderna here during March of this year. Biggest win I’ve ever had. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I moved most of my public equity portfolio into cash a couple of weeks ago.   I'll be moving to mostly private/target based investments going forward unless there is a major correction. 

There's an old saying, when the bagholders arrive and assume their rightful position, it time for destiny to do what destiny does.:lol:

Spin/Snowrider in the market, what can go wrong?:lol:

I never heard that saying, maybe it’s a Canadian thing. :lol:   :bc: I am semi expecting a minor correction next year, but then again we had a major correction earlier this year and more than recovered from it. Like I told Blem, regardless of what happens, long-term investing goals don’t change, nor the strategy to obtain them.  If the shit hits the fan before Biden is sworn in, hold onto your hats. I’m pretty sure the drama is not over regarding Trump and the election.  All that said, it has been a fantastic year in the markets, and so wasn’t last year. I feel bad for anybody who didn’t participate, Because their money could’ve easily grown as much as 70 or 80% if not more in that time.