Check your account email address ×

The Era is over, good riddance

XCR1250

Subject: Subject: OBAMA ERA IS OVER!

" Nothing is over until the Fat Lady Sings" - and I haven't heard her sing yet

That’s all she wrote, folks. Paradoxically, he intended his legacy to be an epic masterpiece, like say, Gone with the Wind….but it instead it turnedout to be just a short story with the only comparison being its title: gone with wind.   
    OBAMA ERA IS OVER.............

http://www.tothepointnews.com/2016/11/obama-era-is-over/?format=pdf
http://www.tothepointnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Obama-in-Tan-Suit.jpeg

Obama and his supporters loved talking about history. His victory was historic. They were on the right side of history. History was an inevitable arc that bent their way.
The tidal force of demographics had made the old America irrelevant. Any progressive policy agenda was now possible because we were no longer America.
We Were Obamerica. A hip, happening place full of smiling gay couples, Muslim women in hijabs and transgender actors. We were all going to live in a New York City coffee house and work at Green Jobs and live in the post-national future.
The past was gone. We were falling into the gorgeous wonderful future of dot com instant deliveries and outsourced everything. We would become more tolerant and guilty. The future was Amazon and Disney.
It was hot and cold running social justice. The Bill of Rights was done. Ending the First and Second Amendments was just a clever campaign away. Narratives on news sites drove everything.
Presidents were elected by Saturday Night Live skits. John Oliver, John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Samantha Bee were our journalists. Safe spaces were everywhere and you better watch your microaggressions, buddy.
No more coal would be mined. No more anything would be made. The end of men was here. The end of the dead white men of the literary canon. The end of white people. The end of binary gender and marriage. The end of reason. The end of art. The end of 2 + 2 equaling 4. This was Common Core time.
It was time to pardon an endless line of drug dealers. To kill cops and praise criminals. To be forced to buy worthless health insurance for wealth redistribution to those who voted their way to wealth.
This was Obama’s America. And there was no going back. We were rushing through endless goal posts of social transformation. The military fell. Then the police.
Now it looks as quaint as anything from the 50s, the 70s or the 80s. A brief moment of foolishness that already appears odd and awkward. And then one day nostalgic. It wasn’t the future. It’s already the past. It’s history.
Scalia died. Hillary Clinton was bound to win. And she would define the Supreme Court. Downticket races would give her a friendly Senate. And then perhaps the House.
But there is no right side of history. There is only the side we choose.
The Obama era was permanent. It was history. Now it is history.
Its shocking ascendancy has been paired with an equally shocking descent. The Obama era is done. It’s gone. It’s over. It was wiped from the pages of history in one night that left Congress and the White House in Republican hands.
It would have been bad enough if Jeb Bush had succeeded Obama. That would have been inconvenient, but not a repudiation. Instead Obama’s legacy was dashed to pieces. His frantic efforts to campaign for Hillary did no good.
The public did not vocally reject him. What they did was in its own way even worse. They brushed past him. They sidelined him. They gave him passable approval ratings while dismissing his biggest accomplishments. They forgot him. They made it clear that he did not matter.
And that is in its own way far more brutal and wounding. They didn’t just destroy the Obama era. Instead they dismissed it as if it never existed.
Obama didn’t make history after all. He wasn’t a teleprompter demi-god standing athwart of history. He was Carter and Ford. He was there to be forgotten.
He didn’t change the world. He wasn’t the messiah. He was merely mortal. Just another politician who will sag and age. Who will, in the end, be photographed like Bill Clinton, lonely and lost in a world that has passed him by.
The Obama era ends not with a bang, but with a whimper. With a national consensus that maybe he didn’t really matter so much after all. And those to whom he mattered the most were his enemies determined to undo everything he did.
Obama once thought that he belonged to the ages. Now he belongs in the rubbish bin.
Daniel Greenfield is a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Obama and the Democrats are far from being done we can be sure.  These fuckers will say or do anything to remain relevant, and they're all a bunch of lying phonies.

yah , totally opposite of the awesome republicans :handjob:

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Obama and the Democrats are far from being done we can be sure.  These fuckers will say or do anything to remain relevant, and they're all a bunch of lying phonies.

Yes I think we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable. Obama is going to stay in Washington after he is out of office and to be fair he is the only face the Dems really have at this point. I fully expect to see and hear from him on nearly every subject in the coming years.  

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Interesting how some people were so tortured by the Obama era and some excelled rather nicely. :news:

You didn't have to be "tortured" to see his economic and leadership failures.  I found him and his idiot followers more comical than anything.....as did the world's leaders.  Along with his half-nation of sad sack pathetic liberal imbeciles groomed ever so nicely by the Dems.

Ahhhh....if only they could have gotten the strong minds and citizens smart enough to look around and make some of their own observations.....but not to be.

Obama: "We will excel at building a national coalition of grievance groups."  (Credit to Driftbusta for that phrase). :lol:

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You didn't have to be "tortured" to see his economic and leadership failures.  I found him and his idiot followers more comical than anything.....as did the world's leaders.  Along with his half-nation of sad sack pathetic liberal imbeciles groomed ever so nicely by the Dems.

Ahhhh....if only they could have gotten the strong minds and citizens smart enough to look around and make some of their own observations.....but not to be.

Obama: "We will excel at building a national coalition of grievance groups."  (Credit to Driftbusta for that phrase). :lol:

My line of work is directly linked to the strength of the economy. The first things to get cut are capital projects. And I have endured 4 presidents in my professional career. I can say without a doubt that the worst period in 27 years were the dubya years. And I voted for that faggot (the 1st time). Obama got blame for fucking everything. And Republicans deliberately tried to stall economic growth just to blame Obama. And still, these 8 years were better than bush. Those were by far the worst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

yah , totally opposite of the awesome republicans :handjob:

Who said anything about Republicans dipshit?  I'm confident Trump is going to put our country on a far better track.  Course correction.  If Republicans are smart, they'll go along with his agenda.

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly. :bc:   Honestly, half the reason I haven't been around here much has just as much to do with a couple resident imbeciles and their constant opposite world view, and constantly wanting to argue and insult anyone who is conserative or didn't love Obama.   One vanished after Trump won, and a couple of the rest are being good little DNC minions, and doubling down on the stupid.   

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

My line of work is directly linked to the strength of the economy. The first things to get cut are capital projects. And I have endured 4 presidents in my professional career. I can say without a doubt that the worst period in 27 years were the dubya years. And I voted for that faggot (the 1st time). Obama got blame for fucking everything. And Republicans deliberately tried to stall economic growth just to blame Obama. And still, these 8 years were better than bush. Those were by far the worst. 

I never laid any credit or blame on my success because of who was president.  But Obama was a corrupt, lying, racist leftist.  And I'm glad he's fucking gone.  Horrible president.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Who said anything about Republicans dipshit?  I'm confident Trump is going to put our country on a far better track.  Course correction.  If Republicans are smart, they'll go along with his agenda.

Exactly. :bc:   Honestly, half the reason I haven't been around here much has just as much to do with a couple resident imbeciles and their constant opposite world view, and constantly wanting to argue and insult anyone who is conserative or didn't love Obama.   One vanished after Trump won, and a couple of the rest are being good little DNC minions, and doubling down on the stupid.   

I never laid any credit or blame on my success because of who was president.  But Obama was a corrupt, lying, racist leftist.  And I'm glad he's fucking gone.  Horrible president.

Who gives a sweet fuck about the economy when the man is going to absolutely destroy our civil liberties .....pull your head out of your ass you short sighted blowhard sycophant wannabee fascist

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Aren't you in a construction type career?

My career in business was linked to it also.  I made bundles under Bush.  Then watched Obunga put just about every policy in place to hinder growth again.  I "retired" in 2011 making a fraction of what I used to because of the almost non-existent growth due to stringent and strangling economic policies. We'd have grown faster and stronger if we elected NOBODY and they had NOBODY in their administration.  But then, who could have gotten all these pathetic "grievance groups" aligned to spread divisive rhetoric and hatred?  Well, we will never know.

I just think the guy is an ass hole.  

No different than a sharpton or  a Jackson.  it would be nice if he kept his mouth shut like Bush, and showed a little class, but  I doubt it.

Edited by Cold War

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Who gives a sweet fuck about the economy when the man is going to absolutely destroy our civil liberties .....pull your head out of your ass you short sighted blowhard sycophant wannabee fascist

Relax sunshine.  Nobody is taking away your "civil liberties".  And which ones are you afraid you may lose anyway?

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

ok Ben.  Believe what you want.  Let me know when you get to the gulag.  Maybe you me and Moto can meet for lunch. :lol: 

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Aren't you in a construction type career?

My career in business was linked to it also.  I made bundles under Bush.  Then watched Obunga put just about every policy in place to hinder growth again.  I "retired" in 2011 making a fraction of what I used to because of the almost non-existent growth due to stringent and strangling economic policies. We'd have grown faster and stronger if we elected NOBODY and they had NOBODY in their administration.  But then, who could have gotten all these pathetic "grievance groups" aligned to spread divisive rhetoric and hatred?  Well, we will never know.

You're going to have to define these "policies" because I don't know what you are talking about.

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Relax sunshine.  Nobody is taking away your "civil liberties".  And which ones are you afraid you may lose anyway?

Bullshit....my right ro have my person and effects free from illegal search and seizure is under attack and trump means to do away with that right all together

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

You're going to have to define these "policies" because I don't know what you are talking about.

No.. we've already gone down that road and I'm getting tired of the redundantcy.  Do some reading if you want, or care.

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit....my right ro have my person and effects free from illegal search and seizure is under attack and trump means to do away with that right all together

You are paranoid and or delusional.  Switch your brand of weed to something weaker.  Moto's shit is laced with LCD and bat dung.  Bad mojo!

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Czrc0raWgAAEiHm?format=jpg&name=large

I've never seen a more perfect analogy.

:lol:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

ok Ben.  Believe what you want.  Let me know when you get to the gulag.  Maybe you me and Moto can meet for lunch. :lol: 

:lmao: at both. evidently ben's trump punch wore off a little...........