Check your account email address ×

Not a good start

f7ben

• Gold Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

Precisely why I head to the mountains.  Can always find snow somewhere. 

You still going if they recommend quarantines before you venture out?  Bet you come to Republican control states escaping the oppressive democrat states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Precisely why I head to the mountains.  Can always find snow somewhere. 

In the final days of my riding it was all back country. Either Wyoming or papermill land near Phoenix Farm in the UP. I grew to detest trails. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

In the final days of my riding it was all back country. Either Wyoming or papermill land near Phoenix Farm in the UP. I grew to detest trails. 

I absolutely love perfect trail conditions ....had you got into turbo sleds you would have too

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

The only future trail riding I plan to do is lead a group around Ontario and ride Northern Quebec.  No interest in local or UP trail riding.  Shit trails and three ring circus.  

I'm not buying a permit this year. We'll be away after X-mas for 4-6 weeks and if we wanna ride 3-4 times we'll buy a day pass in a privately owned sledding area. They usually get decent snow and the trails/scenery there are mint. They only sell 100 day passes per day and there's days where you hardly see anybody . It's 100K acre playground

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm not buying a permit this year. We'll be away after X-mas for 4-6 weeks and if we wanna ride 3-4 times we'll buy a day pass in a privately owned sledding area. They usually get decent snow and the trails/scenery there are mint. They only sell 100 day passes per day and there's days where you hardly see anybody . It's 100K acre playground

I still haven't purchased my 2 yet either, George, and I don't know if I am going too? With the lack of snow and possible trail closures due to covid, I said I would bite the bullet this year and pay the extra if I have too if we do get ridable snow that looks like it may stay around for a while? Sleds are still on my trailer as I've sorta lost interest even pulling them off and going over them. Could be a last year for me, which I've been saying now for the last 3-4. 

6 minutes ago, irv said:

I still haven't purchased my 2 yet either, George, and I don't know if I am going too? With the lack of snow and possible trail closures due to covid, I said I would bite the bullet this year and pay the extra if I have too if we do get ridable snow that looks like it may stay around for a while? Sleds are still on my trailer as I've sorta lost interest even pulling them off and going over them. Could be a last year for me, which I've been saying now for the last 3-4. 

The Hali is a good bet to have snow and we're only 45 min from there. I figure if we go every other week for a total of four rides it's the cost of a trail pass and winter is over.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, irv said:

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The Hali is a good bet to have snow and we're only 45 min from there. I figure if we go every other week for a total of four rides it's the cost of a trail pass and winter is over.

Should buy a permit to support the sport.  I bought an Ontario pass for several years - a couple I didn’t even go but it goes to a good cause.  Always designated District 15 out of Horrnepayne.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Should buy a permit to support the sport.  I bought an Ontario pass for several years - a couple I didn’t even go but it goes to a good cause.  Always designated District 15 out of Horrnepayne.  

I've been supporting for over 20yrs. I don't think they'll miss me this one time. 

• Like 1