Check your account email address ×

Not a good start

f7ben

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Been riding since late 70's purchased my first sled in the 92.   I honestly don't recall that many years up north with excellent riding before xmas.  Deer seasons interfere with them many times anyway and good ice before xmas has always been hit or miss.   Sledding really doesn't start till after xmas.  I rode the UP and the Mercer/Hurly area last year first week of December which to most we talked to was quite rare.  

I'm not saying the sledding seasons haven't pushed back a bit but I swear some of you think we should be riding from Halloween on every year.  :lol:  

I rode in 3-4 feet of snow before Christmas years ago in Madawaska Ont, and it was, by far, the most snow I have ever seen before Christmas in all my ears of riding. The snow was so deep in places, it was hard to get around, even on the trails, which, for the most part, were not groomed yet. Having my XLT back then was awesome as I could ride on top of the snow so to speak and was up high enough, it never came over the hood/windshield like it did on my buddy's Indy 500. Needless to say, I did the leading for the most part. 

54 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I am buying myself a Ariens Deluxe 28 SHO to ensure we have no snow this winter.  Sick of my old POS Toro that doesn;t throw wet snow worth a damn which fortunately only had to be used twice last winter.  Living less than a mile from the ocean lots of times we get slush when 3-4 miles up the road is all snow.  

Even if you only use it twice a year, it's worth it. Ya' gotta' have 'em. Ariens is a good one, you will be all set. 

22 minutes ago, irv said:

Was that last year, George? I assume so as I remember the same in these parts. It gets you all excited thinking it is going to be a stellar year then it all melts. It's pouring rain out here right now and we are supposed to get a pile of it.

Hi Dale! That was last year and since we've been up here for 6.5 years we get some good dumpings. We had snow over the deck railing and with all the January rain we've seen it all dissapear. This season I'm gonna watch the forest's webcam and check with friends up there b4 going up

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, irv said:

I rode in 3-4 feet of snow before Christmas years ago in Madawaska Ont, and it was, by far, the most snow I have ever seen before Christmas in all my ears of riding. The snow was so deep in places, it was hard to get around, even on the trails, which, for the most part, were not groomed yet. Having my XLT back then was awesome as I could ride on top of the snow so to speak and was up high enough, it never came over the hood/windshield like it did on my buddy's Indy 500. Needless to say, I did the leading for the most part. 

Sure we have those years too.   Few years back we rode the frozen backwaters then across the Mississippi river main channel on Dec 13 but going back to when I was a kid that was not "normal." 

• Like 1

Saturday was a beauty day for a boat ride near Bancroft ON. Ice has crept into the bays a couple times already this Fall and after this coming Sunday it looks to coming in to stay.

Edited by Tinker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, smokin george said:

We always start off looking good. Top pic was 2 years ago and bottom pic was last season lol

20200227_082549.jpg

20200224_093436.jpg

Is that the 62L linq bag on the bottom pic? I've been looking for a pic of that thing