Check your account email address ×

Covid Tests

Ok, so wife and I each had 3 Covid tests.  I thought I heard somewhere that insurance was covering them 100%.  Wife and I just got a bill, $83 bucks each for one test.  WTF is up with that?  What are you guys paying?

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok, so wife and I each had 3 Covid tests.  I thought I heard somewhere that insurance was covering them 100%.  Wife and I just got a bill, $83 bucks each for one test.  WTF is up with that?  What are you guys paying?

I haven’t had the pleasure yet. My daughter received her box of testing kits. Minnesota has a program where all pre school businesses have to test any kid that comes up suspicious. I guess the state is picking up the tab on that testing. 

we have paid nothing yet-   sons had test  at convenient care this summer and 2x a week for the last 3 months at school   Daughter got one for free Sunday at school (first test at her college all year) and she and my son will get them at convenient MD when back on Sunday.  He has to have one for work,   figure we'll make her take another as she's been out partying with the sorority and the wife takes care of other peoples kids.  

I think it's a state by state thing on how costs are being covered.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Doorider said:

I only did because I was supposed to have 2 negative tests to go back to work.  All 3 were positive so I got nose raped for nothing....>:(

So you helped pad those Covid Positive numbers :popcornchair:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Doorider said:

I only did because I was supposed to have 2 negative tests to go back to work.  All 3 were positive so I got nose raped for nothing....>:(

This is something I really find interesting as the county health department and the local hospital said that I could test positive for up to 90 days.  They actually said not to go back and get tested because it is just wasting tests and your positive number will be added again.  How the hell do they expect 2 negative tests...do you have to wait 90 days?

Edited by racer254

In Minnesota at least there is a multitude of ways to get tested and pay or not pay.  And usually the cost comes with convivence.

Molecular Tests - These are covered by insurance or can be free at certain locations around the state.  In the traditional visit its in a Dr. office and get submitted to Ins.  The Dr. office versions usually get a response in 2-5 days.  The free versions at like an armory the feedback is they take longer to get results like 5-10 days.  So you get what you pay for.

Antigen Test - I believe these are all on a FDA waiver for use in MN and as such Insurance does not cover them, you pay out of pocket. (I had one $110), the testing location is not at a clinic but a nasal probe in a drive up style.  They take it inside and give you results in 15 minutes.  While the accuracy is good it can depend on where in your infection you are and if enough proteins are built up for a positive.

Antibody - Two ways I know of.  Go into a clinic setting and pay for a lab draw, insurance will cover.  Or go and donate blood through the Red Cross and they test your donation for the antibodies and inform you if you are carrying them.  This is free.  In both cases the results are 3-10 days. 

49 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So you helped pad those Covid Positive numbers :popcornchair:

Exactly, they say they don't count multiple tests, but I disagree.  For each test result I got a whole new set of texts and phone calls.  When I asked why I was being called again and told them I'm not a new case and I've already answered these questions, I was told it came across as a new covid case and they were unaware of my other test results 

Edited by Doorider

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Have had 2, wife has had 2.  Insurance covered them but if we weren’t insured they would of been free.

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Have had 2, wife has had 2.  Insurance covered them but if we weren’t insured they would of been free.

Bill said insurance covered about half, so the total bill was around 160 bucks.  I plan on going to Maine weekends this winter and they want a 72 hour negative result, so that’s gonna be a bit of a bitch to figure out how we are going to get around that.

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bill said insurance covered about half, so the total bill was around 160 bucks.  I plan on going to Maine weekends this winter and they want a 72 hour negative result, so that’s gonna be a bit of a bitch to figure out how we are going to get around that.

as long as your renting a house it should be fine there is going to be no way to check or enforce it.  Mills is prob going to try to fuck the whole season up for maine restaurants and hotels though.  

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Like blood tests some healthcare plans will charge you if you use a lab outside of your health plan.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

No tests for me either just the bleach

No bleach just listerine here! But sometimes I accidentally swallow some so I am getting it "in the body". Must be working! 

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

as long as your renting a house it should be fine there is going to be no way to check or enforce it.  Mills is prob going to try to fuck the whole season up for maine restaurants and hotels though.  

That’s the thing. All this required testing and quarantine mandates are pretty much a joke. They “say” you need to do it but it’s enforced virtually nowhere. Had some friends family fly to the Northeast from California a few months ago. They paid out of pocket for the whole family for some rapid testing before they came due to supposed requirements. When they showed up they asked someone, not sure who, Where they need to show their test results to the state and couldn’t get an answer anywhere.  It’s pretty much a “feel good” measure hoping people will do the right thing, but it’s unenforceable since there is no agency is set up to oversee any of it.  I suppose a hotel or business could ask to see something but haven’t heard of it.  I’ve been traveling around the country working during Covid and have yet to be asked anything by anyone in any hotel, airport or any other establishment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crowder said:

That’s the thing. All this required testing and quarantine mandates are pretty much a joke. They “say” you need to do it but it’s enforced virtually nowhere. Had some friends family fly to the Northeast from California a few months ago. They paid out of pocket for the whole family for some rapid testing before they came due to supposed requirements. When they showed up they asked someone, not sure who, Where they need to show their test results to the state and couldn’t get an answer anywhere.  It’s pretty much a “feel good” measure hoping people will do the right thing, but it’s unenforceable since there is no agency is set up to oversee any of it.  I suppose a hotel or business could ask to see something but haven’t heard of it.  I’ve been traveling around the country working during Covid and have yet to be asked anything by anyone in any hotel, airport or any other establishment. 

some of the hotels in certain areas have enforced it I know some people who had issues in VT

Somewhere I have one of those essential travel letters for Covid,  I know a few of our managers who travel a lot carry them but have never been asked about it.  

My sons going to OH Friday to get his sister.  Only reason on his way back he will have to do any testing is his employer required it to come back without waiting 2 weeks as he needed to ask for a day off work. 

I think it’s definitely more likely for a small independent hotel to ask for something. 

Hopefully it doesn’t impact the snowmobile season too much. On the other hand, I won’t complain if I’m seeing less Massholes on the trails. 😂😂

Edited by Crowder
Sp

23 minutes ago, Crowder said:

I think it’s definitely more likely for a small independent hotel to ask for something. 

Hopefully it doesn’t impact the snowmobile season too much. On the other hand, I won’t complain if I’m seeing less Massholes on the trails. 😂😂

Good luck with that. No border crossings this year means there’s gonna be a lot more people riding in country. We have a couple new places opening up in a couple old places shutting down where we go. We’ll figure it out

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You sure that wasnt for the office visit? That is not covered.