Check your account email address ×

Second strain of coronavirus causing pigs to vomit in China 'could spread to humans'

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yes.....more pre-election fear mongering. 

From the UK no less..you do realize there is a world outside of Iowa? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

From the UK no less..you do realize there is a world outside of Iowa? 

Oh it will be picked up by our media.    

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201014082754.htm

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bill-gates-coronavirus-fall

Bill Gates on coronavirus: Fall will be 'worse than the summer'

Edited by Highmark

Gotta laugh at the comments about masks and being told how to behave.

"China, South Korea and Japan have been wearing masks for years and they got hit hard ".... Da Fuk ?!?!  A 1 minute search reveals

USA Infection Rate: 24,638/million. USA Death Rate: 670/million

China Infection Rate: 59/million.  China Death Rate: 3/million  (personally I think those #'s are false)

S Korea Infection Rate: 487/million. S Korea Death Rate: 9/million

Japan Infection Rate: 718/million. Japan Death Rate: 13/million

Just looking at Japan, the worst and probably most honest of the group, The USA has 34 times the Infection Rate and 52 times the death Rate. Yep them Mask Wearin Pansies got hit hard alright LoL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Gotta laugh at the comments about masks and being told how to behave.

"China, South Korea and Japan have been wearing masks for years and they got hit hard ".... Da Fuk ?!?!  A 1 minute search reveals

USA Infection Rate: 24,638/million. USA Death Rate: 670/million

China Infection Rate: 59/million.  China Death Rate: 3/million  (personally I think those #'s are false)

S Korea Infection Rate: 487/million. S Korea Death Rate: 9/million

Japan Infection Rate: 718/million. Japan Death Rate: 13/million

Just looking at Japan, the worst and probably most honest of the group, The USA has 34 times the Infection Rate and 52 times the death Rate. Yep them Mask Wearin Pansies got hit hard alright LoL

Of course health of the population and the amount of actual testing has zero to do with it.  :news:

Even in the US Asian American's have the lowest infection/death rate.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Of course health of the population and the amount of actual testing has zero to do with it.  :news:

Biggest thing was being locked in their homes for weeks but we're talking 3400% higher, not 25-50%. And again I was referring to the "can't tell me what to do" mentailty

Just now, Tinker said:

Biggest thing was being locked in their homes for weeks but we're talking 3400% higher, not 25-50%. And again I was referring to the "can't tell me what to do" mentailty

Japan didn't really do that.   Their people followed voluntary but not very restrictive social distancing guidelines.   I don't think its any surprise that some Asian countries are more "obedient" when it comes to following what the govt says. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/japan-ends-its-covid-19-state-emergency

Japan yesterday declared at least a temporary victory in its battle with COVID-19, and it triumphed by following its own playbook. It drove down the number of daily new cases to near target levels of 0.5 per 100,000 people with voluntary and not very restrictive social distancing and without large-scale testing. Instead, the country focused on finding clusters of infections and attacking the underlying causes, which often proved to be overcrowded gathering spots such as gyms and nightclubs

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Japan didn't really do that.   Their people followed voluntary but not very restrictive social distancing guidelines.   I don't think its any surprise that some Asian countries are more "obedient" when it comes to following what the govt says. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/japan-ends-its-covid-19-state-emergency

Japan yesterday declared at least a temporary victory in its battle with COVID-19, and it triumphed by following its own playbook. It drove down the number of daily new cases to near target levels of 0.5 per 100,000 people with voluntary and not very restrictive social distancing and without large-scale testing. Instead, the country focused on finding clusters of infections and attacking the underlying causes, which often proved to be overcrowded gathering spots such as gyms and nightclubs

Would that also include trump rallies?