Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

P9050468.thumb.JPG.9c001ea15dab20e68f9729ec4cc49e4b.JPGOh, let's not ask Znotty about chain saws!! What the fuck does he know?

4 Jonsered saws

2 Jonsered Brushcutters/Trimmers

I Echo Brushcutter/Trimmer

1 Echo backpack blower

Fuck Znotty now. He's got a junk shoulder, and lost a bundle in the market.

He's just an old, fat, broke-down, broke-ass old bastid on the chicken farm. 

I could tell him just what saw to buy, but I ain't gonna'!!!   Nope, he shouldda' come to me right off the bat!!!! 

I been so pissed-of today about this, that I've been pacing back and forth in front of the chicken coop!!!!   :bashhead::bashhead::bashhead:

Fucking amateurs.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fucking amateurs.

Yes AC, they'ze a bunch of rookies!!!

Here's to big saws, TUFF 28/860s, steaks, lobsters, and booze, overlooking Georgian Bay!!!   :bc::bc::bc:

15 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have a 25" Strunk, bought it some 40 years ago, runs great yet.

40 years ago!! You'd think the seals, gaskets and lines would have deteriorated by now. 

That's when things were made RIGHT...AMERICAN QUALITY. 

11 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Both made same location. I had both, prefer the Johnsred.  

Both made by ELECTROLUX. They are basically the same saw, but the Jonsered has a straight handle. 

All three are good saws. If dealer support is important to you, go with the brand that has the best local support. I personally prefer stihl because I’m most familiar with the brand. One of my saws in an 026 purchased in 2000. It’s been through hell and back. Looks rough, but it’s still my favorite saw. I run a 16” super chain and cuts like a maniac. The only weak spot has been the pulse pipe to the carb. I’ve replaced it 3 times. Heat and vibration fucks it up and it cracks. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

All three are good saws. If dealer support is important to you, go with the brand that has the best local support. I personally prefer stihl because I’m most familiar with the brand. One of my saws in an 026 purchased in 2000. It’s been through hell and back. Looks rough, but it’s still my favorite saw. I run a 16” super chain and cuts like a maniac. The only weak spot has been the pulse pipe to the carb. I’ve replaced it 3 times. Heat and vibration fucks it up and it cracks. 

You drive a minivan your opinion is moot.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes AC, they'ze a bunch of rookies!!!

Here's to big saws, TUFF 28/860s, steaks, lobsters, and booze, overlooking Georgian Bay!!!   :bc::bc::bc:

Like I said all talk ! Never going to happen!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

It looks to me like Jonsered has scaled-down its line. I don't see their full line advertised anymore. 

You do know Jonsered is made by Husqvarna right??. Jonsered is their cheap box store line, Red Max is the new dealer line.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

You do know Jonsered is made by Husqvarna right??. Jonsered is their cheap box store line, Red Max is the new dealer line.

Little history here, Jonsereds was a separate company from Sweden,  Husky bought them, now Electrolux now owns both..I worked some years on projects where a company called Interstate Tree Service did clearing and grubbing for new and re-routed highways, they had about a dozen workers depending on the project size, they always used Stihl Saws, then 1 year I noticed they were using Stihl's and Jonsereds, so I asked about it, Bob Parchum the owner said a Equipment store in Waukesha Wi. gave them a few Jonserds to try,  Insterstate Tree Service maintains and fixes their saws on site wherever they are working, Bob said they normally had a 1 or 2 Stihl saws blow an engine on projects which was acceptable seeing how they were used and the amount of hours & abuse they put on their saws, he said they had never yet blown a Jonsereds saw,..The next time I worked with them was a year or 2 later, now they only had Jonsereds saws, this was back in the 1970's & early 80's.

At that time it convinced me to buy a Jonsereds when I was looking to buy a new saw, I still have it and it runs fine, mine says "Made In Sweden" on it..I believe my newer bigger Jonsereds is made in the USA, I'd have to look.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Little history here, Jonsereds was a separate company from Sweden,  Husky bought them, now Electrolux now owns both..I worked some years on projects where a company called Interstate Tree Service did clearing and grubbing for new and re-routed highways, they had about a dozen workers depending on the project size, they always used Stihl Saws, then 1 year I noticed they were using Stihl's and Jonsereds, so I asked about it, Bob Parchum the owner said a Equipment store in Waukesha Wi. gave them a few Jonserds to try,  Insterstate Tree Service maintains and fixes their saws on site wherever they are working, Bob said they normally had a 1 or 2 Stihl saws blow an engine on projects which was acceptable seeing how they were used and the amount of hours & abuse they put on their saws, he said they had never yet blown a Jonsereds saw,..The next time I worked with them was a year or 2 later, now they only had Jonsereds saws, this was back in the 1970's & early 80's.

At that time it convinced me to buy a Jonsereds when I was looking to buy a new saw, I still have it and it runs fine, mine says "Made In Sweden" on it..I believe my newer bigger Jonsereds is made in the USA, I'd have to look.

And now Jonsereds are in Tractor supply stores, no pro saws, cheap homeowner saws made in China..Quite a shame

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

And now Jonsereds are in Tractor supply stores, no pro saws, cheap homeowner saws made in China..Quite a shame

I haven't looked at new saws in quite awhile, Jonsereds and now made in China? My last one I bought at Farm & Fleet in Rice Lake. Not even sure how many saw I have but I believe 9, only 2 are Johnnies.

Edited by XCR1250

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I haven't looked at new saws in quite awhile, Jonsereds and now made in China? My last one I bought at Farm & Fleet in Rice Lake. Not even sure how many saw I have but I believe 9, only 2 are Johnnies.

Stihl and Husky have some models made in china too

Top 5 American Made Chainsaw Brands

Posted on August 17, 2019 by William

With so many different types and brands of chainsaws available on the market, it can easily become overwhelming when you are looking for good, American made one.  While it is often said that the absolute best brand of chainsaw for a specific job is going to be the one that is able to get the job done, it actually really comes down to the amount of power it has, how heavy it is, and how easily it can be used by the user, as well as safety features.  On top of that, it will need to be affordable to the potential buyer.

So you decided that you in need of a chainsaw, however, you have no idea on where to begin looking for one.  Some of the very first things that may pop into your mind are which brands of American chainsaws are the best?  Which brands of chainsaws are available to me?  Am I going to need to know anything before going out and buying one?

Before you can find which of the American chainsaw brands is going to be best for your individual needs, you must first know exactly why American chainsaws are better.

Why An American Made Chainsaw?

American chainsaws are very sought after, as all tools that are made in America are known for their extra high innovation and quality.  In fact, when you do buy a chainsaw that was made in America, you are not only purchasing a quality and dependable tool, but you are also supporting the American economy, as well as supporting American jobs.

Here is a list of all the chainsaw brands and models that are still being built in American factories.

Husqvarna

American Made Chainsaw Brand

One of the few chainsaws that are manufactured in America, Husqvarna chainsaws are tough, built to last, and have the power that you require to get the job done quickly.  With several different models to choose from, when you select Husqvarna, you know that you are getting quality.

Some of their chainsaw models include the 235 and 235e, the 240 and 240e, 435, 440 and 440e, 445, 450e, 455 and 455e, and the 460.

All of these chainsaw models produced by the brand Husqvarna are made in America.

Jonsered

Husqvarna chainsaw brand

Another one of the great American chainsaw brands, these chainsaws are perfect for just about any job you can think of.  While the Jonsered models of chainsaws are not going to necessarily be the cheapest chainsaw options available, they are going to be one of the best options available to you.  The Jonsered line of chainsaws was designed to do one thing, be the perfect chainsaw, and they are pretty close to that.

The Jonsered chainsaws that are made in America include the CS2166, the CS2234, the CS2238, CS2240, and the CS2255.

As with all of the chainsaws listed in this article, these too are an American made chainsaw brand.

Poulan Pro

Poulan Pro chainsaw brand

The Poulan Pro brand of chainsaws is perfect for any project no matter how big or small.  With enough power to cut through the biggest of tree stumps, they are also light enough for easy maneuverability, as well as easy transport.  Priced similarly to many of the other American made brands of chainsaws, when it comes to Poulan Pro chainsaws, you know exactly what you are getting, a high quality cutting machine.

The Poulan Pro chainsaws models include the PP3516AVX, PP3816A and PP3816AV, the PP4218A, PP4218AV and PP4218AVT, the PP4818A, and the PP5020AV.

Keep in mind that the different series of chainsaws will come with different features and safety; they will all be able to do the job.

Poulan

Poulan chainsaw brand

While technically it is not a different brand than the Poulan Pro, the Poulan series of chainsaws is a completely different set and can easily be considered a separate brand if you wanted to do that. They have some best chainsaws just under $200, so it is cheaper than Husky.

Anyways, with that being said, here are the different models of Poulan brand chainsaws.  The Poulan chainsaws include the P3314 and P3314WSA, P3416, P3816, P4018 and P4018WT.

While these are not as serious as the Poulan Pro series, they are perfect for jobs around the house such as clearing brush, removing branches and limbs, and anything else that needs to be done.

McCulloch

McCulloch chainsaw brand

While the McCulloch brand of chainsaws does not necessarily have as many options to choose from, it is still one of the better made in America chainsaw brands.  Think of McCulloch chainsaws as ‘quality over quantity’, when it comes to their line of chainsaws.

The McCulloch series of chainsaws include the CS340, CS380, and the MC4218AV.

These are the top 5 American made chainsaw brands that are available on the market today.  Now keep in mind that while these chainsaws are all manufactured in America, the parts that are used to build them are from both foreign and domestic suppliers.  If you would like to learn more information about this, you can check with the manufacturer of the chainsaw.