Check your account email address ×

So it was a missile

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It burned for some time before the explosion I think

The video's are unreal.   Seen one this morning where a woman was standing by a glass window/wall and she was absolutely whipped across the room.   Blast waves are some serious shit. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The video's are unreal.   Seen one this morning where a woman was standing by a glass window/wall and she was absolutely whipped across the room.   Blast waves are some serious shit. 

I’ve been blown off my feet and tossed onto the ground 8-10’ away by a blast. Was deaf , ears just ringing and felt like I got hit by a bullet train. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

I’ve been blown off my feet and tossed onto the ground 8-10’ away by a blast. Was deaf , ears just ringing and felt like I got hit by a bullet train. 

Seen a documentary on Vietnam where guys were talking about people in their platoon being killed by the blast waves from large mortars or artillery and they look completely normal except their insides are almost liquefied.   

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Seen a documentary on Vietnam where guys were talking about people in their platoon being killed by the blast waves from large mortars or artillery and they look completely normal except their insides are almost liquefied.   

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

explains some of your issues :news:  

I’ve told the keg bomb story many times. Can’t believe nobody died that night 

Just now, awful knawful said:

Electrical?

8 gallon keg exploded after someone threw it on the bonfire. We found the top ring of the keg over 200’ away. They heard the blast almost 5 miles away

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Like an empty keg of beer?

Fuck, 200'.

Yes an empty keg. We had a bunch of kegs laying around that had been shot full of holes and one of the guys was melting them in the bonfire. Nobody was paying attention. The plastic covered 8 gallon keg had been shot up also but the pistol rounds didn’t penetrate the core apparently and it exploded. The bonfire was about 8-10’ in diameter and the blast blew it completely out. Myself and 3 other people were standing next to it when it went. Blew us all into our backs probably 10’ or so. Luckily the majority of the partiers were inside at the bar. If there had been 20 people standing around someone would have died 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yes an empty keg. We had a bunch of kegs laying around that had been shot full of holes and one of the guys was melting them in the bonfire. Nobody was paying attention. The plastic covered 8 gallon keg had been shot up also but the pistol rounds didn’t penetrate the core apparently and it exploded. The bonfire was about 8-10’ in diameter and the blast blew it completely out. Myself and 3 other people were standing next to it when it went. Blew us all into our backs probably 10’ or so. Luckily the majority of the partiers were inside at the bar. If there had been 20 people standing around someone would have died 

You’re not supposed to do that 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

What’s more likely is the blast pressurized their abdominal area causing a spike in arterial pressure. While the body’s organs can expand to absorb the shock to a large extent, the brain can’t because it’s encased in the skull. Vessels rupture within the brain. If it doesn’t kill em they’re messed up with a traumatic brain injury. Beirut will be overwhelmed with TBI cases

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What’s more likely is the blast pressurized their abdominal area causing a spike in arterial pressure. While the body’s organs can expand to absorb the shock to a large extent, the brain can’t because it’s encased in the skull. Vessels rupture within the brain. If it doesn’t kill em they’re messed up with a traumatic brain injury. Beirut will be overwhelmed with TBI cases

I read, whether true or not, to cover your ears and open your mouth during a large explosion.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Spin, the Cliff Clavin of FS.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:38 PM, f7ben said:

:lol: 

On 8/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, f7ben said:

8 gallon keg exploded after someone threw it on the bonfire. We found the top ring of the keg over 200’ away. They heard the blast almost 5 miles away

You hang around with people who throw kegs into bonfires?  :lol: 

On 8/7/2020 at 4:26 PM, ACE said:

You’re not supposed to do that 

Physics and chemistry frown on that.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol: 

You hang around with people who throw kegs into bonfires?  :lol: 

Physics and chemistry frown on that.  

They all had holes in them and they had melted down a bunch of them. That 8 gallon was one of the old school plastic coated kegs and it had been shot up but the pistol rounds didn’t penetrated the aluminum liner.

Also we attempted to reenact this a could years later and all kegs now days come with a rubber seal that melts out before the kegs can pressurize and blow. Only that 8 gallon plastic coated keg could have done this :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

They all had holes in them and they had melted down a bunch of them. That 8 gallon was one of the old school plastic coated kegs and it had been shot up but the pistol rounds didn’t penetrated the aluminum liner.

Also we attempted to reenact this a could years later and all kegs now days come with a rubber seal that melts out before the kegs can pressurize and blow. Only that 8 gallon plastic coated keg could have done this :lol:

Really what happened was probably a steam explosion. Just heating air would only get you 100 psi or so but super heat a cup or two left over beer and you could make 800 psi or more.

• Like 1

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Really what happened was probably a steam explosion. Just heating air would only get you 100 psi or so but super heat a cup or two left over beer and you could make 800 psi or more.

Exactly....we figured there was a small amount of beer left in it and it became a pressurized liquid vessel. It cracked the picture window on the front of the deer camp.