Check your account email address ×

The Coronavirus Infected Hundreds at a Georgia Summer Camp

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

less than 100 kids have died in the k-12 ages,   you set rules based on stats and that death rates effectively 0. 

That may have something to do with them not being in school since March...

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

That may have something to do with them not being in school since March...

or being an age group whose risk characteristics are non existent.  Plenty of college age exposure with next to no deaths as well.  If you or your kid are at risk isolate otherwise a return to normal is fine.  Wear a mask in crowds,   hand sanitizer and go about your day.  I've been at work every day since this began,  go to the store 3-4 times a week,  get lunch delivered daily.   the only people in my circle who have gotten it got it early before those were common things to do.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

You go right ahead.  Fuck man, its all you do is judge people.  Its your biggest character flaw.  Row your own boat and mind your own house.  Stay the fuck away from me and mine.  And I mean that figuratively with all your antifa brothers in arms as well.  Shutting down the worlds economy, causing a complete set of secondary problems, from suicides, bankruptcies,  kids not getting an education, depression, etc., for a .0004% fatality rate?   You think millions and millions of parents can all afford to stay home and home school their kids?  You think mass home schooling is a solution?  Its not.  Take precautions, practice your social distancing, and lets move on.  6 fucking months of this sham and that raspy voiced carnival barker Fauci, along with that asshole running the WHO, along with all their inconsistent and opposing statements.....I'm done with the fear mongering.  And you're wishing people and their kids to die.  Classy.  And so you.

The precautions are being taken.  

Well if you say so.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure what the answer is but comparing nurses and doctors to teachers is a bit ridiculous IMO. I have all the respect in the world for healthcare professionals but they sign up for this and deal with contagions everyday in settings designed for it...teachers not so much. Schools can be opened but there needs to be precautions taken....what those are...who knows.

Far easier to protect teachers than nurses and docs.  Require masks and don't seat the first row keeps the teacher out of harms way.  If the teachers are in a high risk category let them sit out the school year and collect STD and replace them with a young sub. Plenty of them looking for jobs in most areas.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Far easier to protect teachers than nurses and docs.  Require masks and don't seat the first row keeps the teacher out of harms way.  If the teachers are in a high risk category let them sit out the school year and collect STD and replace them with a young sub. Plenty of them looking for jobs in most areas.  

Yup

• Gold Member

This if a perfect opportunity to slash education funding while maintaining the quality of education that we receive for our children.  This spring was proof we don’t need millions of teachers and schoolmahals to conduct education as the kids received the same quality of education remotely as they did in person.

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This if a perfect opportunity to slash education funding while maintaining the quality of education that we receive for our children.  This spring was proof we don’t need millions of teachers and schoolmahals to conduct education as the kids received the same quality of education remotely as they did in person.

No they didn’t. Not even close. 

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah let’s send the kids back to school.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/health/coronavirus-children-camp.html

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So kids don't give it to adults and there is no asymptomatic transmission according to the doctors here...that means every case is adults transmitting it while symptomatic...sure.

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

These guys are a serious fucking threat to the survival of the species. I hope none of their genes survive this pandemic. We need to seriously reduce the amount of dangerous dumbfucks on the planet.

Send my kids to school? Fuck you. 

Kids aren't getting/spreading/dying from it in large numbers because they've been out of school since March, you fucking dipshits. 

We have now moved to the next phase of the death cult of capitalism - child sacrifice. Unfuckingbelievable...

I have a freind who wants the kids to go to school without a mask on....and nowI guess I have two friends buying into that nonsense after seeing @jammin post on page 1.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have a freind who wants the kids to go to school without a mask on....and nowI guess I have two friends buying into that nonsense after seeing @jammin post on page 1.

What does the Lincoln project have to say about this? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Why isn’t the cashiers at Walmart getting it. What about the flight attendants?  The cleaning workers in commercial buildings should all be dead any day now. Millions of workers have been going to work everyday through this and it’s unsafe for a teacher?  

What about the six guys who got it on one of our jobsites last week? Of course they all had fuck the PPE mentality. In any event I had nine guys that have tested negative from that outbreak and I have GF who is under a 14 day quarantine because of that outbreak.

3 hours ago, Doorider said:

If you're a teach with a compromised immune system or respiratory issue, you stay home.  If your a health person, do your job.  My wife works in the hospital, she doesn't cry about being scared and not go to work....

Your wife works in a stictly controlled environement with the best PPE measures being deployed, you can't compare a school to an elementary school.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Shifty said:

No they didn’t. Not even close. 

people who think that are retarded.   the education remote sucked balls for kids of all ages.  My wife takes care of a bunch of teachers kids and did their online ed which was crap and it sucked for the teachers as well.  The ones I know want to be back in the classroom in September.  

My wife was a CPD teacher for 14 years and still has friends that teach in Chicago. She has been told that just over 8000 students never logged in. Their are all sorts of crazy numbers with students not logging in and not doing their work. 

20985390-B580-4489-BABA-252D85E6F084.png

10 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What about the six guys who got it on one of our jobsites last week? Of course they all had fuck the PPE mentality. In any event I had nine guys that have tested negative from that outbreak and I have GF who is under a 14 day quarantine because of that outbreak.

Your wife works in a stictly controlled environement with the best PPE measures being deployed, you can't compare a school to an elementary school.

Are any of those six guys in the hospital?  We have guys that go to Covid outbreak buildings.They change the filters,disinfect the evap coils, and do a air purge. They go home to their families and go to work the next day. No quarantine for us when we come in contact and no testing. None of the older guys or guys with medical conditions are sent to these jobs. 

Edited by Woodtick
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My wife was a CPD teacher for 14 years and still has friends that teach in Chicago. She has been told that just over 8000 students never logged in. Their are all sorts of crazy numbers with students not logging in and not doing their work. 

20985390-B580-4489-BABA-252D85E6F084.png

In our HS the kids were told it wouldn’t reflect on their final grade. :lol: Great motivator that was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It's not my fault parents can't stand being around their children and are demanding their free daycare reopen. 

My daughter could save 5k if her daughter stays home. She wants her daughter back in school where she belongs. 

1 minute ago, jammin said:

My daughter could save 5k if her daughter stays home. She wants her daughter back in school where she belongs. 

He is just mad the riots have lost all steam and things are getting back to normal. Kids not going back to school is all they have left.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

people who think that are retarded.   the education remote sucked balls for kids of all ages.  My wife takes care of a bunch of teachers kids and did their online ed which was crap and it sucked for the teachers as well.  The ones I know want to be back in the classroom in September.  

My neighbor teaches 7th and 8th. Said it sucked.  Also said final grading was a combination of q1-q3.  Q4 online didn't play into anything.  He mentioned 5 kids didn't pass based on q1-q3 numbers and knew for a fact he could have worked with them if he was allowed to in person and help bring the numbers up to a passing grade.  He wants back asap. 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I'm fed up with the inconsiderate, selfish fucks. 

It's got nothing to do with the "rule of law". 

You want to lecture me about civility yet I'm not the one insisting on mass gatherings of children during a global pandemic.

That doesn't mean you're permanently immune. 

I'm not insisting on anything.  Thats the beauty of this country, freedom of choice.  You want to home school your kids, knock yourself out.  Wishing death on others who disagree is another of those constitutional limitations that you don't get to violate.  You don't seem to understand that.  Oh wait, you want to tear that all down too.  Seriously, you're like that asshole with the megaphone yelling and threatening people just out having dinner.  I'm pretty confident in saying the majority of this country is getting pretty sick of your type and the constant hate and grievance mongering.  You got a lot of hate in your heart dude.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well if you say so.🤣

Say so what?  Its my opinion, and I"m not wishing death on anyone who doesn't agree with me.  I never hear you taking issue with that?  

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Don't get me started on the tax burden some of these monstrosities with declining enrollments have put on many communities.  Its always the same, "Its for the children". 

26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Are any of those six guys in the hospital?  We have guys that go to Covid outbreak buildings.They change the filters,disinfect the evap coils, and do a air purge. They go home to their families and go to work the next day. No quarantine for us when we come in contact and no testing. None of the older guys or guys with medical conditions are sent to these jobs. 

I had the same question.  I've heard and read so much bullshit about the statistics are being manipulated about this virus, even including multiple positive tests on one person, and each test counted as a new case.  And we've all heard about the 96 year old dementia patient with cancer, coded as Covid.  So the statistics are called into question.  I would think what you guys do counts as fairly risky in that sense.  And regarding Vinces thing with the 6 guys, were they down sick or did they just test positive?  My admins daughter is a pediatric nurse, and was 8 months pregnant, and tested positive.  Boss told her to go home for 14 days and then come back and finish out a week or so before taking her maternity leave.    Never got sick, and delivered a healthy baby girl last month.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm not insisting on anything.  Thats the beauty of this country, freedom of choice.  You want to home school your kids, knock yourself out.  Wishing death on others who disagree is another of those constitutional limitations that you don't get to violate.  You don't seem to understand that.  Oh wait, you want to tear that all down too.  Seriously, you're like that asshole with the megaphone yelling and threatening people just out having dinner.  I'm pretty confident in saying the majority of this country is getting pretty sick of your type and the constant hate and grievance mongering.  You got a lot of hate in your heart dude.  

Say so what?  Its my opinion, and I"m not wishing death on anyone who doesn't agree with me.  I never hear you taking issue with that?  

Don't get me started on the tax burden some of these monstrosities with declining enrollments have put on many communities.  Its always the same, "Its for the children". 

I had the same question.  I've heard and read so much bullshit about the statistics are being manipulated about this virus, even including multiple positive tests on one person, and each test counted as a new case.  And we've all heard about the 96 year old dementia patient with cancer, coded as Covid.  So the statistics are called into question.  I would think what you guys do counts as fairly risky in that sense.  And regarding Vinces thing with the 6 guys, were they down sick or did they just test positive?  My admins daughter is a pediatric nurse, and was 8 months pregnant, and tested positive.  Boss told her to go home for 14 days and then come back and finish out a week or so before taking her maternity leave.    Never got sick, and delivered a healthy baby girl last month.

I know what Vince is saying is true and there are some job sites  getting fucked with and guys that have to get tested in order to come back to the job. It’s a big liability game being playing. I’m a employee and Vince is a owner. That’s a big difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said: