Check your account email address ×

Vermont Now Has Mask Order

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are you saying that they don't work? I understand that neither of us live in an area with a lot of case's, so transmission is not as much of an issue as some areas.

This sums up the type of mask people are wearing pretty good. Job sites would get shut down by OSHA if guys wore a magic cloth doing most tasks.

4E80BF68-C26A-40F8-B462-3348A195F54D.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No,I only wear a mask when required. I have four different types of masks in the truck. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer a lot. I wear a N95 when in a hospital ECT. We follow what are customers require. When I’m not at work I only wear one in a business that requires them. Didn’t wear one once while on vacation for 10 days in Golf Shores. I’m not one that gets all worked up in a business that requires them. No different than a steak house requiring no t shirts or jeans. I go with the flow or go somewhere else. Not worth getting worked up about it. 

:bc:

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Boots on the ground observation. Take from it what you will. I ain't no doctor.

How are things going in Maine? We've had a slight uptick in cases since the 4th, but still only a handful or two of new cases a day. It's funny to watch the maps on the news. Last night VT was lite up as a state with increased hospitalizations. We went from 2 to 3. I'm surprised to see that didn't claim a 50% increase. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Not one person where I work has gotten sick. 75 guys in the field doing work in three states, and in contact with thousands of people a day. Two of those states don’t require masks in most buildings. Raw data no,just real life experience.

well, from what you shared it sounds like you take more precautions than the average person too

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Home depot also needs to install nfc readers so you don't need to touch anything and just use your phone or a tap card

You can order online and do curbside pickup.

Just now, ckf said:

You can order online and do curbside pickup.

i do that a fair amount.  bought my grill and a new battery powered hedge trimmer that way.   Need a lawnmower blade now so going to ride over there.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

well, from what you shared it sounds like you take more precautions than the average person too

At work,yes. You can get thrown off a job site for not wearing a hard hat. Play the game or sit at home,pretty  easy concept. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Not one person where I work has gotten sick. 75 guys in the field doing work in three states, and in contact with thousands of people a day. Two of those states don’t require masks in most buildings. Raw data no,just real life experience.

We got about 60 routes going out every day. Imagine the contact from all over central Maine converging on one center like that.

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

:bc:

How are things going in Maine? We've had a slight uptick in cases since the 4th, but still only a handful or two of new cases a day. It's funny to watch the maps on the news. Last night VT was lite up as a state with increased hospitalizations. We went from 2 to 3. I'm surprised to see that didn't claim a 50% increase. :lol:

Yeah the color changes daily. Still just a tad over half of the annual flu deaths. Shake my head.

Be nice is we could take all the Cumberland County cases and put them in Mass where they belong.

cdc.thumb.PNG.f8866a4900071cd6e6205c8856343ff5.PNG

Edited by Snake
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed but the numbers in countries that wear masks are better-  simple proof that something simple at least helps.  

As long as the numbers being reported here in the states and the ones outside of the USA (testings per day, cases, deaths on an ongoing basis) are accurate then, ok. That's the 10 trillion dollar question that needs to be proven.  

Where I live there has been no deaths and I believe 8 "cases" since the beginning. I'd say 50/50 on whose been extremely proactive and those who have been somewhat active on mask wearing and social gathering. Democratic Governor, er, Rep. Governor Scott said way back that he was "opening the spigot" when we showed a marked improvement and he did somewhat. Now this.

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

We got about 60 routes going out every day. Imagine the contact from all over central Maine converging on one center like that.

Yeah the color changes daily. Still just a tad over half of the annual flu deaths. Shake my head.

Be nice is we could take all the Cumberland County cases and put them in Mass where they belong.

cdc.thumb.PNG.f8866a4900071cd6e6205c8856343ff5.PNG

I think southern NH is the same as Cumberland county.  It's all northern MA now.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Where I live there has been no deaths and I believe 8 "cases" since the beginning. I'd say 50/50 on whose been extremely proactive and those who have been somewhat active on mask wearing and social gathering. Democratic Governor, er, Rep. Governor Scott said way back that he was "opening the spigot" when we showed a marked improvement and he did somewhat. Now this.

What's your issue with the mask order?  If it wasn't for the tourists I don't think we would have seen a mask order in VT

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

So why is it happening everywhere else across the globe where it is not an election year?

Try not to drool as you get the hamster onto the wheel. 

Holy fuck how can A guy be so dumb 

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I come in contact with 40-50 people a day, some with and most without mask. I know NO ONE who has contracted the virus. Why is that? Luck?

You live in a state that doesn't have a lot of case's. Orange country?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Tinker said:

Im reading not listening and I'm far from being an idiot so don't bother trying to offend me, I really don't give a fuck what you think or rant about. Hand Sanitizer was so simple and easy up here it didn't have to be mandated. I made it with Methanol from Gas Line antifreeze when it ran on short supply. Real Masks were focussed on the medical community and millions have been made by businesses professionally and by people with their own sewing machine machines. I've bought and given away 50-60 masks with the sole intent to have people be able to protect each other. I live part time 2.5 miles by boat from my marina, when I enter their store I wear a mask. It's fn simple. When I work in Toronto I'll wear an N95. It's simple, I don't hesitate. I don't like it but we are moving on up here, how you all doin ?

You better start rethinking what MSM is drilling into your head. Methanol is toxic through skin absorption.

Besides, You dont need to sanitize your hands....as the "experts" tell us that transmission  through touching objects is extremely rare. Plus our hands naturally have beneficial.bacteria.on them......doesn't make sense to destroy them with over sanitizing.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

He said even in a outbreak they aren't that protective. 

No kidding.

It's kinda like rolling in a pile of manure.  You're going end up stinking no matter what you do.

Walk by a pile of manure and you might have a chance.

15 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You better start rethinking what MSM is drilling into your head. Methanol is toxic through skin absorption.

Besides, You dont need to sanitize your hands....as the "experts" tell us that transmission  through touching objects is extremely rare. Plus our hands naturally have beneficial.bacteria.on them......doesn't make sense to destroy them with over sanitizing.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol

All the commercial hand sani we distribute to employees is made from 70% methanol. 

No you shouldn't rub pure methanol on your hands which is why I've stated Isopropyl spray. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cases are skyrocketing in this country while other countries across the globe have a handle on this virus and are getting back to some sense of normalcy yet here we are with people acting like wearing a mask is akin to shitting on their Constitutional Rights...bizarre.

5 hours ago, ckf said:

We aren't going to get anywhere near back to normal until the case numbers go down. Not wearing a mask when necessary will just allow to continue to spread.

It's common sense gentlemen, while a mask is not 100% effective and even if it only lowers the transmission rate by any percentage it's win for the health and economy of the country.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's common sense gentlemen, while a mask is not 100% effective and even if it only lowers the transmission rate by any percentage it's win for the health and economy of the country.

It's not that hard to understand.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

He said even in a outbreak they aren't that protective. 

That interview was from from March 8th, it's outdated as the science has moved on.

1 hour ago, jammin said:

As long as the numbers being reported here in the states and the ones outside of the USA (testings per day, cases, deaths on an ongoing basis) are accurate then, ok. That's the 10 trillion dollar question that needs to be proven.  

Now we have a conspiracy, WTF dude? :lol:

23 minutes ago, favoritos said:

No kidding.

It's kinda like rolling in a pile of manure.  You're going end up stinking no matter what you do.

Walk by a pile of manure and you might have a chance.

No kidding that interview is from March 8th and the science has moved on from there, just as the science has moved on with therapeautics and the march towards a vaccine.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/08/facebook-posts/video-shows-outdated-face-mask-guidance-dr-anthony/

Everyone needs to wear a condom when they fuck their old ladies.

I mean, are we just going to trust, or are we going to do whatever we can to lower the passage of gonorrhea around?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Everyone needs to wear a condom when they fuck their old ladies.

I mean, are we just going to trust, or are we going to do whatever we can to lower the passage of gonorrhea around?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?