Check your account email address ×

Briggs & Stratton goes bust

Well that sucks

Over 1 billion in debt.

Another icon of post-war American suburbia went bust as Briggs & Stratton Corp. declared bankruptcy, felled by weak sales, too much debt and a final push over the edge from the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/briggs-stratton-stalwart-suburban-lawn-180337672.html

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

They had a bad rep from peddling their chinese junk ...

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Well that sucks

Over 1 billion in debt.

Another icon of post-war American suburbia went bust as Briggs & Stratton Corp. declared bankruptcy, felled by weak sales, too much debt and a final push over the edge from the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/briggs-stratton-stalwart-suburban-lawn-180337672.html

Shut the fuck up, you faggot. What do you know about engines or business? Only thing you know is suckin' " The gay One's " dick. 

Why didn’t the Fed bail them out like every other failing business?

is it because they weren’t a bank or hedge fund and actual Americans worked there instead of just pathetic corrupt vampire financiers ?

3 hours ago, bladefever said:

Selling 1970's technology in the year 2020. I can't see a problem with that. 

Yeah have to say they're friggin junk, compared a Honda motor not even close. And I had a small position in the stock.  Fuck.  Maybe it will be like Hertz and spike back up before crashing and burning.  :lol: 

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Shut the fuck up, you faggot. What do you know about engines or business? Only thing you know is suckin' " The gay One's " dick. 

Pathetic 

40 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I have a B&S engine in my Campbell Hausfeld Pressure washer thing has sounded like marbles in a blender amplified through a megaphone since the day the warranty expired. :lol: 

My pressure washer has a sweet little Honda motor. It runs like sewing machine. Smoooth. I’ve had it 12 years and changed the oil twice. 

• Like 1

CCF01042015_0004.pdf

There I was an 8 year old with what I thought was the finest driving vehicle to ever grace the earth. Unfortunately it was not to be as that 5 hp briggs gave up under the strain of my repeated abuse and the little connecting rod came right out the side of the case.  it would run again but never under Briggs and Stratton power.  To this day i am not fond of B&S.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

CCF01042015_0004.pdf

There I was an 8 year old with what I thought was the finest driving vehicle to ever grace the earth. Unfortunately it was not to be as that 5 hp briggs gave up under the strain of my repeated abuse and the little connecting rod came right out the side of the case.  it would run again but never under Briggs and Stratton power.  To this day i am not fond of B&S.

I paid $200 more to get a Kawi motor in my riding mower about 4 years ago. I think it was money well spent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I paid $200 more to get a Kawi motor in my riding mower about 4 years ago. I think it was money well spent. 

Yea those have an archilies heal as well .....parts. I have a Kawi in my John Deere mower and it can be a challenge with parts.

21 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Me personally. I don't think any small engine can compare to a fukkin Honda.  

even honda 4 wheelers are hard to beat,  sure they are slow as fuck and are boring but knew a guy who had a cam am 800 outty he says that thing is a problem child compare to his 2nd 4 wheeler which is honda 500 he says outty 800 is like well rounded tits lady , alot of fun then when problems will pop up after you are done using it :lol: 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

even honda 4 wheelers are hard to beat,  sure they are slow as fuck and are boring but knew a guy who had a cam am 800 outty he says that thing is a problem child compare to his 2nd 4 wheeler which is honda 500 he says outty 800 is like well rounded tits lady , alot of fun with problems after you are done using it :lol: 

My 800 Outty was a fukkin junk. Looked good, but a fukkin junk. I lost big bucks on that POS!!!

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

My 800 Outty was a fukkin junk. Looked good, but a fukkin junk. I lost big bucks on that POS!!!

what year?  his was a 08. axel was breaking, replacing brakes as soon as 300 miles,  hot as fuck on left side like a tanning bed lol , a lot of little things like that, he did say plenty of power one of few good things he mentioned. 

32 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yea those have an archilies heal as well .....parts. I have a Kawi in my John Deere mower and it can be a challenge with parts.

I'm pretty sure it was a Kawi in the ole F525 we had.  That three wheeled devil on wheels shit out something the parts man referred to as the "sparker box". 

Like $75 for a little metal box with 1 wire sticking out of it.  

It as a bitch to get that mower far enough apart to get to it too.  

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Honda does it better 

They blow up as well.   I actually think the Subaru small engine is the best going right now.  seeing more and more of them.  Honda's do run nice .....a couple of pulls and if it is going to run it will.