Check your account email address ×

Sanctuary cities

Snake

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not much to do on the south side but that is changing. for fun stuff I would stay north of Roosevelt.

Spend a bunch in Wheeling/Buffalo Grove as well.  

Did some work in Cicero about 20 years ago, have they leveled that area yet?:lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Spend a bunch in Wheeling/Buffalo Grove as well.  

Did some work in Cicero about 20 years ago, have they leveled that area yet?:lol:

Wheeling and BG are gay. I think bussman's ancestors owned that area once... And cicero has been going downhill since forever. But... There is a fantastic Italian restaurant in Cicero that I still visit when I am in the area. That and the race track are the only reasons to go there.

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ive spent alot of time in Chicago when my son lived there....and before seeing sporting events....i really liked the bars around wrigley....but chitown isnt as nice a sToronto imo. :bc:

Way to many Niggers to ever be nice :flush:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wheeling and BG are gay. I think bussman's ancestors owned that area once... And cicero has been going downhill since forever. But... There is a fantastic Italian restaurant in Cicero that I still visit when I am in the area. That and the race track are the only reasons to go there.

:lol:

I liked the Mex food in Bridgeview, I believe (near the Golden Grain/Quaker plant), taco and burritos were awesome.  Not sure if it was real beef, but very good. 

Again, many years past.

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I didn't know Bussman was Jewish. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I didn't know Bussman was Jewish. :lol: 

Analer is a hillbilly south sider, he knows nothing north of Madison St. :lol: 

Family settled and farmed some of what's now Mt Prospect, Des Plaines and Elk Grove. All German baby.  :bc: 

On 11/28/2016 at 9:56 AM, Anler said:

Help get them enrolled in citizenship work shops. Help get them social security numbers. Help them find jobs. English courses. etc. Instead of just giving them a place to hide?. :dunno:

Your talking about "assimilating" them, or helping them do so.  Most have proven they aint interested.

heres one immigrants view on that.

Edited by old indy

Just now, old indy said:

Your talking about "assimilating" them, or helping them do so.  Most have proven they aint interested.

heres one view immigrants on that.

Like I said, I come from a very ethnically diverse area, everybody brings their own cultures with them. Im talking about helping them to become LEGAL. They can "assimilate" however they want.

3 minutes ago, old indy said:

The most important part of assimilating in America, is not killing those that have different religious views.  Religious tolerance..

Is that who is doing the killing here? Muslims?

• Platinum Contributing Member

How about enforcing the laws on the books.   That is one of the top responsibilities of the POTUS.   If he doesn't like them he should try to change them thru congress.   Its not up to the POTUS to pick and choose what Federal Laws to enforce.   In my book that is reason for impeachment. 

The President’s Duty to Faithfully Execute the Law

By Bob Goodlatte

Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution requires the President to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” The President must enforce all constitutionally valid Acts of Congress, regardless of the Administration’s view of their wisdom or policy. Without enforcement of the law, there cannot be accountability under law, which is essential to a functioning democracy. When the President fails to perform this duty, the Congress has appropriations and other powers over the President, but none of those powers can be exercised unless both houses of Congress work together. The most powerful means of solving this problem is the electoral process. Congress may also hold the President accountable by asking the courts to call the fouls when the lines of constitutional authority have been breached.

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/2014/the-presidents-duty-to-faithfully-execute-the-law

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:

I liked the Mex food in Bridgeview, I believe (near the Golden Grain/Quaker plant), taco and burritos were awesome.  Not sure if it was real beef, but very good. 

Again, many years past.

Those taco places are not far from where I grew up. We used to hit them up late after a night of drinking. Back in the 80's the burritos were only $2. That is actually in summit, not bridgeview. :bc: