Check your account email address ×

This city disbanded its police department 7 years ago. Here's what happened next

Our township did the same thing.   We disbanded our police department!!!!!!!  I think we have one murder in 20 years.  It has been a complete success.  No need to look into this any further.  Our low crime rate is the result of no police department. :lol:  

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

We have a town close to me with a population of around 1k that has no local PD.  Instead, they have a contract with the county to pay $$$ for them to patrol.

24 minutes ago, irv said:

If it's true that he was/is indeed a professional shrink, I imagine his success rate at actually helping those in need would be quite low, if they actually kept track anywhere? 

I wonder how many with non debilitating issues figured out the wrong person was laying on the couch after just one session? 

Wasn't he some kind of half-assed social worker of some sort? Or maybe he was the janitor at the place...

I know he used to be a self-proclaimed 'conservative' who liked mosh pits...

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Can you imagine the mental manipulation that spin does with his patients?

most crooks and drug addicts are only there to make the judge happy and are joking with there buds abut this joker they have to sit with 

56 minutes ago, irv said:

If it's true that he was/is indeed a professional shrink, I imagine his success rate at actually helping those in need would be quite low, if they actually kept track anywhere? 

I wonder how many with non debilitating issues figured out the wrong person was laying on the couch after just one session? 

Every fucking one.

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

My point.

He lies and you swear to it.

Awesome. 

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

funding should be performance based. In reality it would be a fairly simple concept to implement. 

I think the way some of the southern states work where the head of the department is an elected official may work for Mini. 

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think the way some of the southern states work where the head of the department is an elected official may work for Mini. 

Honestly, Minneapolis is rudderless and being navigated by blind half-wits.  Most of us never quite knew the extent of the poor leadership until it was up in front of the nation.  OMG.  Complete embarrassment.  Complete.  They have no way to fix anything...just some liberal pandering to retards willing to swallow it up.  It’s a total mess.

Not to kick a commie while he's down, but here's some more info on the fake 'disbanding' of the police. 

Turns out it was scheme to get rid of the police union. They then rehired many of the cops as employees of the county at a much lower pay rate. 

They wound up going from having 175 cops to 400 cops. 3 times the national average for cities that size.

They then stopped using 'zero tolerance' policies for "minor" crimes (ie they started allowing more crime to go unpunished). 

They also implimented Sky Patrol which is a servailence system which can observe "crime hotspots".

The real story is much different than a fake-news headline would have you believe...

:news:

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

We have a town close to me with a population of around 1k that has no local PD.  Instead, they have a contract with the county to pay $$$ for them to patrol.

Pretty common around here. What does a town of a thousand people need a local PD for?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Wasn't he some kind of half-assed social worker of some sort? Or maybe he was the janitor at the place...

I know he used to be a self-proclaimed 'conservative' who liked mosh pits...

Why are so interested Mr. Secretive? 

My God .  This is the city with the worst and most violent schools in the Nation.   They advise their residents to not get gas after dark to avoid a violent attack. 3/4 of the children rely on school funded meals. 
 I honestly feel bad for the hard working blacks stuck in that shit show. 

170940DE-1B7A-4BBB-9B42-24180B8FA5D5.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My God .  This is the city with the worst and most violent schools in the Nation.   They advise their residents to not get gas after dark to avoid a violent attack. 3/4 of the children rely on school funded meals. 
 I honestly feel bad for the hard working blacks stuck in that shit show. 

170940DE-1B7A-4BBB-9B42-24180B8FA5D5.jpeg

The more people feel bad for them, the more they destroy...

And trust me, those people would turn on you in a heartbeat..

44 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not to kick a commie while he's down, but here's some more info on the fake 'disbanding' of the police. 

Turns out it was scheme to get rid of the police union. They then rehired many of the cops as employees of the county at a much lower pay rate. 

They wound up going from having 175 cops to 400 cops. 3 times the national average for cities that size.

They then stopped using 'zero tolerance' policies for "minor" crimes (ie they started allowing more crime to go unpunished). 

They also implimented Sky Patrol which is a servailence system which can observe "crime hotspots".

The real story is much different than a fake-news headline would have you believe...

:news:

ThunderousLeanIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The more people feel bad for them, the more they destroy...

And trust me, those people would turn on you in a heartbeat..

You honestly believe that there are no good honest black people in Detroit?  Working an honest living, wanting their kids to be safe at school?   Wanting to go to the damn store to get a quart of milk and not have their car stolen at gun point by a thug? They are the ones no one cares about it.   Certainly not SJW”s or the race baiters.  Project green light gives these people some sort of safety that they can go to store get gas, and not be killed. 

Edited by Cold War

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

You honestly believe that there are no good honest black people in Detroit?  Working an honest living, wanting their kids to be safe at school?   Wanting to go to the damn store to get a quart of milk and not have their car stolen at gun point by a thug? They are the ones no one cares about it.   Certainly not SJW”s or the race baiters.  Project green light gives these people some sort of safety that they can go to store get gas, and not be killed. 

Of course there are. There are good people and shitbags in very color.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Our township did the same thing.   We disbanded our police department!!!!!!!  I think we have one murder in 20 years.  It has been a complete success.  No need to look into this any further.  Our low crime rate is the result of no police department. :lol:  

all small towns should get rid of police and contract to the sherrifs department.  Fucking stupid to have all these small departments with nothing better to do than bust kids balls and write tickets

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

all small towns should get rid of police and contract to the sherrifs department.  Fucking stupid to have all these small departments with nothing better to do than bust kids balls and write tickets

lots of smaller cities here don't have police and contract it out to Provincial Police or RCMP. Conflicting reports on whether or not it is cost effective or not.

Bottom line is no matter who is in charge the cops are going to get their funding which is why it needs to be controlled in a more responsible manner. 

• Like 1