Check your account email address ×

Reverend: I am so offended Trump used tear gas for a St. John's photo op

What an asshole...dictators do this......

Article with video of the news story from WUSA9, and a tweet with three images containing Rev. Gerbasi's detailed account on Facebook: 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/trump-church-photo-op-with-bible-offends-reverend/65-112709a1-f183-4466-aee5-1df6e8d3a510 

WASHINGTON — Clergy members declared in horror that there was no heads up and no permission asked to use St. John’s Church as the backdrop for a defining presidential photo op Monday, as President Trump defiantly held a Bible in front of the historic parish. 

"We cannot have been driven off of that patio with tear gas and horses and concussion grenades, so that that man can have a photo op, in front of a church, holding a Bible," Rev. Gini Gerbasi said. "I am so [expletive] offended that he would have the nerve to do that, no one knew about this stunt." 

Gerbasi was handing medical supplies to Black Lives Matter protesters after 6 p.m., when federal law enforcement used flash grenades to clear the area. 

"I was coughing with tear gas in my clergy collar, and my gray hair, and my old lady reading glasses, so that that man could stand there and hold a Bible in his hand and look Christian,” Gerbasi said. "And it would be far more Christian if he would behave according to the words in that book instead of just carrying it around with him as a prop." 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

He just keeps tossing gas on his dumpster fires.

You know why...because it plays to his base..just look around here.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Article with video of the news story from WUSA9, and a tweet with three images containing Rev. Gerbasi's detailed account on Facebook: 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/trump-church-photo-op-with-bible-offends-reverend/65-112709a1-f183-4466-aee5-1df6e8d3a510 

WASHINGTON — Clergy members declared in horror that there was no heads up and no permission asked to use St. John’s Church as the backdrop for a defining presidential photo op Monday, as President Trump defiantly held a Bible in front of the historic parish. 

"We cannot have been driven off of that patio with tear gas and horses and concussion grenades, so that that man can have a photo op, in front of a church, holding a Bible," Rev. Gini Gerbasi said. "I am so [expletive] offended that he would have the nerve to do that, no one knew about this stunt." 

Gerbasi was handing medical supplies to Black Lives Matter protesters after 6 p.m., when federal law enforcement used flash grenades to clear the area. 

"I was coughing with tear gas in my clergy collar, and my gray hair, and my old lady reading glasses, so that that man could stand there and hold a Bible in his hand and look Christian,” Gerbasi said. "And it would be far more Christian if he would behave according to the words in that book instead of just carrying it around with him as a prop." 

Yet you wanted him to shut down the entire country in January.  :lol:  

Just now, Mainecat said:

It would have saved thousands of American lives. It’s what leaders do.

You wanted him to invoke the insurrection act in January and take control of the entire country?  

:lol:   Come on man you can't possibly think you would have been on board with anything he did......I mean ANYTHING. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You wanted him to invoke the insurrection act in January and take control of the entire country?  

:lol:   Come on man you can't possibly think you would have been on board with anything he did......I mean ANYTHING. 

Just throw a rock at his head and move on.  It’s the right thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Care to link us to where you stated that in January that's what you thought Trump should do?   Maybe you did I just don't recall it. 

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Americans arent worth saving! Too fucking dumb and we need money!

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

if this guy was so down with his peeps why was his building borded up and locked down ? 

was tbere a curfew ? were people breaking it? why no offence to the spray paint on his holy building . could go on but really who gives a fuck . at this point I say made any swinging dick out after curfew then arrest them and sentence them to a labor camp cleaning the fucking streets and parking lots for the next yr 

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Trump was on a public street by the looks so WGAF what they think about using the church as a backgroud.  Fuckers are leaching off the taxpayers anyways so fuck churches.