Check your account email address ×

Our View: Leave Lake Havasu to the visitors over the holiday weekend

Just now, 1jkw said:

Nice fish!  

I just wondered as snotty was interested in going there, thought maybe more of his kind were there.

Nips @Polaris 550 is afraid to leave his 1/3 acre compound in the words.  No way he ever shows up in Havasu.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  Hey locals, stay home this weekend.  Let the visitors foot the bill this weekend.  

I grew up on and around a fairly popular weekender lake.  I guess I don't see the appeal of racing out with all the other assholes on every holiday weekend and racing home again, then being out every other weekend the rest of the summer.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I grew up on and around a fairly popular weekender lake.  I guess I don't see the appeal of racing out with all the other assholes on every holiday weekend and racing home again, then being out every other weekend the rest of the summer.

Man, I loved that shit growing up in Minnetonka.  Every weekend was lake party at Big Island:Fletchers/etc.  The three/four day weekends were just epic

1FF6ED93-92A4-4C4D-A5CE-319FF34FFE6D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Man, I loved that shit growing up in Minnetonka.  Every weekend was lake party at Big Island:Fletchers/etc.  The three/four day weekends were just epic

I've spent 20+ years boating on Minnetonka, I've never tried up at big island! Not my scene! 

12 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I've spent 20+ years boating on Minnetonka, I've never tried up at big island! Not my scene! 

I've been there a couple of times in the 80's. It was a great time other than a few nasty cases of dysentery among some of the people I knew.

33 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Some of the best times In my life were  spent on that water....and ice.  

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Cool area...

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

No thanks.  

That lake is big enough to get away from the rat race if ya want...

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Some of the best times In my life were  spent on that water....and ice.  

I was lucky to have grandparents live on the lake! They have since passed, but still get on the lake a few times a year now. Different with a wife and 2 young kids though! 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, Zambroski said:

Spent a bit of time at Fletchers and Houdini’s back then too. 👍