Check your account email address ×

What one vehicle would you buy for $100,000?

Saw this the other day. Was getting a promotional photo shoot done so I couldn’t get close to it. I talked to the owner and he said if it was a original it would be worth 6mil. It’s a reproduction,bet it worth more than a 100k. It was absolutely perfect.

2F8A3EC2-21DB-4E7F-8D39-1BAFA9B5D431.png

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd own one, I just don't want to the one left standing in the game of musical chairs when the E-Gear repair bill hits.  

shit even Hoovie didn't buy the egear and he buys everything that breaks easy and has huge cost.

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd own one, I just don't want to the one left standing in the game of musical chairs when the E-Gear repair bill hits.  

shit even Hoovie didn't buy the egear and he buys everything that breaks easy and has huge cost.

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Lmao. It isn't just any Subaru. It is the most sought after special edition ever built.

Only made for 1998, the 22b was built to commemorate rally winnings with Colin McRae. It has a monster sized factory widebody kit with unique front bumper, and a adjustable rear wing. Huge brakes, and other hard core suspension and handling upgrades. Also a special 2.2l turbo not fitted in any other Subaru. It is basically a race car homologation. Only 495ish (lots of different reports from 450-495) built. Japan exclusive.

You will not find one under $80,000. And even below $100,000 is a little uncommon but not impossible.

Also I don't understand the Subaru hate. I realize they weren't anything to be proud of here in North America (until around 2004) but the Japanese ones are killer. Especially the hardcore ones like the type R and type RA of the 90's. Then when you get into the early 2000's you get the monsters such as the WRX STI ra-r spec c. They were beating nsx's around some circuits. 

Then you have the Forester sti. 280ish HP and similar ft/tq. 6 speed manual AWD. It was a beast for what it was. Suped up SUVs weren't a thing in 2005 really and Subaru was killing it over seas.

Good luck with that.  I guess they were pretty dominant, but I still like the German and Italian stuff.

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

guy the next street over from me has one. It's an unbelievable looking car

I was at the dealer one day and they started one up in the service bay.  Damn that's a good sounding car.  if they weren't installed in a rental car chassis, one of those 707 hp Challengers would be cool.  Eeeefuck what a good sounding motor.  Daughters friend has one and its pretty ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Saw this the other day. Was getting a promotional photo shoot done so I couldn’t get close to it. I talked to the owner and he said if it was a original it would be worth 6mil. It’s a reproduction,bet it worth more than a 100k. It was absolutely perfect.

2F8A3EC2-21DB-4E7F-8D39-1BAFA9B5D431.png

what is that, some kind of retro mod Porsche 356?

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Good luck with that.  I guess they were pretty dominant, but I still like the German and Italian stuff.

I was at the dealer one day and they started one up in the service bay.  Damn that's a good sounding car.  if they weren't installed in a rental car chassis, one of those 707 hp Challengers would be cool.  Eeeefuck what a good sounding motor.  Daughters friend has one and its pretty ridiculous.

Isn't that a way early prototype Vette? 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Not 100% sure. I believe it’s a 58 speedster? 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

It looked more like this one. 

I just posted above yours.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I just posted above yours.

I believe it is one that was built by the company you posted the link to. It wasn’t a VW drive train fiberglass cobbled up car. It looked like the real deal. The owner said it was a hand made aluminum body.

• Like 1

One of the biggest vintage Porsche collection in the US is down the road from me. The CEO of Weather Tech has a impressive car and motorcycle collection. He is into road race cars,lots of one offs. The will call to pick up floor mats ECT, is set up as a race museum. It’s really cool. Not everything he owns is in there,but he rotates cars and motorcycles there. I pop in and out of there every couple of months and see different stuff. He has FU money .

• Like 1

Just now, irv said:

FU money is right! $70 mil for a Ferrari. :yikes:

I put a chiller in his tiny little plant back in the 90s. He is down to earth and very personal. He is also real big into made in USA when it comes to his factory’s.  He is huge now. He still does floor mats,but makes a bunch of plastic parts for auto manufacturers. He builds a new manufacturing building every year it seems. They are all in Bolingbrook Illinois. He still has the original little plant in Downers Grove. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I put a chiller in his tiny little plant back in the 90s. He is down to earth and very personal. He is also real big into made in USA when it comes to his factory’s.  He is huge now. He still does floor mats,but makes a bunch of plastic parts for auto manufacturers. He builds a new manufacturing building every year it seems. They are all in Bolingbrook Illinois. He still has the original little plant in Downers Grove. 

What a success story. Good for him! :bc:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

if they weren't installed in a rental car chassis, one of those 707 hp Challengers would be cool.  Eeeefuck what a good sounding motor.  Daughters friend has one and its pretty ridiculous.

they are. But the interiors are downright laughable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

they are. But the interiors are downright laughable. 

They don’t hold their money either. A great buy is a two year old 392 Durango or a SRT Grand Cherokee.