Check your account email address ×

Mother’s Day

Anyone celebrating it?   Warning of the dangers of killing your mother on the news. 
Bought some hanging baskets for Mom and my MIL .  Son and I are going to risk killing them and deliver them personally.,

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Anyone celebrating it?   Warning of the dangers of killing your mother on the news. 
Bought some hanging baskets for Mom and my MIL .  Son and I are going to risk killing them and deliver them personally.,

My wife and I are going to her Moms for late lunch/early dinner..not sure what we're having yet but there are some very good take out options....no cooking and support the local places. My FIL died almost a year ago and this isolation stuff has been tough on my MIL and at this point we are all fairly safe and we all need to hang out some especially today. Good on you and your son...I'm sure your Mom and MIL will appreciate it. :thumbsup:

We also just had a delicious breakfast skillet and bacon from Flap Jack Shack...on a normal Sunday the place would be wall to wall with a wait...Small gesture getting some takeout but hopefully others are doing the same. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My wife and I are going to her Moms for late lunch/early dinner..not sure what we're having yet but there are some very good take out options....no cooking and support the local places. My FIL died almost a year ago and this isolation stuff has been tough on my MIL and at this point we are all fairly safe and we all need to hang out some especially today. Good on you and your son...I'm sure your Mom and MIL will appreciate it. :thumbsup:

We are going to do take out for my wife later in the day too.   I bet that will mean a lot to your MIL .  Being lonely or depressed is not good for peoples health either.  Small gestures of appreciation go a long way.  Who knows how long we have left with anyone.  Driving by with a sign is ridiculous if everyone is able to stand outside and visit for awhile or keep reasonable distance if worried. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We are going to do take out for my wife later in the day too.   I bet that will mean a lot to your MIL .  Being lonely or depressed is not good for peoples health either.  Small gestures of appreciation go a long way.  Who knows how long we have left with anyone.  Driving by with a sign is ridiculous if everyone is able to stand outside and visit for awhile or keep reasonable distance if worried. 

Well said. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Going over to Mom's later to do some chores she needs done and have a chat about replacing her Gazebo. Canvas is torn again and she's replaced the roof twice already. Time for a steel roof unit I think.

• Like 1

Calling mine later today.  Wife hopped a flight yesterday to go see hers.  That old bag has been circling the drain for a year now, I’m hoping the suction sucks her down soon.  I can’t stand that bitch!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Our 85 year old mom is down in Florida by herself.  Other than her helper that cleans the house, buys her groceries, etc., she's all alone after her companion of 10 years passed away this fall.  Thankfully, she's still in a good frame of mind, and we call her almost every day.  She's discovered Facetime but still can't figure out how to hold the camera aimed at her.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Our 85 year old mom is down in Florida by herself.  Other than her helper that cleans the house, buys her groceries, etc., she's all alone after her companion of 10 years passed away this fall.  Thankfully, she's still in a good frame of mind, and we call her almost every day.  She's discovered Facetime but still can't figure out how to hold the camera aimed at her.  :lol: 

Similar situation with my MIL.  But she’s in some serious dementia...and yours sounds like she is a good person, worthy of feeling a bit sorry for.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Similar situation with my MIL.  But she’s in some serious dementia...and yours sounds like she is a good person, worthy of feeling a bit sorry for.

Her mind is still sharp, but she had a minor stroke a few years ago that has slowed her down a little.  Has a vodka/water and a couple cigs a day to keep her regular.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Her mind is still sharp, but she had a minor stroke a few years ago that has slowed her down a little.  Has a vodka/water and a couple cigs a day to keep her regular.  :lol: 

:lol:

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My parents still have flip phones.  They are scared to death of smart phones.  They think they will be forced on to the Facebook if they get one. :lmao:

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Calling mine later today.  Wife hopped a flight yesterday to go see hers.  That old bag has been circling the drain for a year now, I’m hoping the suction sucks her down soon.  I can’t stand that bitch!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!  :lol:

i hate to say it but i was happy when my MIL died last year.  I'm constantly left with the damage she caused being a shitty mother.  for the first time in at least 15 years my wifes not gone for mothers day so now I get the blubbering over how she hates mothers day,  SMH.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i hate to say it but i was happy when my MIL died last year.  I'm constantly left with the damage she caused being a shitty mother.  for the first time in at least 15 years my wifes not gone for mothers day so now I get the blubbering over how she hates mothers day,  SMH.  

Mine is a monster and the stories I heard from how she used to beat the kids is astonishing.  Yes, not sure why my wife feels so much guilt for letting her slowly die a lonely and deserving miserable death.  She doesn’t like her either.

Women are just weird and that’s all there is to it. 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Mine is a monster and the stories I heard from how she used to beat the kids is astonishing.  Yes, not sure why my wife feels so much guilt for letting her slowly die a lonely and deserving miserable death.  She doesn’t like her either.

Women are just weird and that’s all there is to it. 

yup,  my MIL hated girls.  She treated my daughter like shit which is when she was dead to me.  my kids have maybe met her 6 times in their 19 and 20 years of life.  

42 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

now that her suitor is gone would she ever move up to CT, at least for the warmer months? 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there.

Both our moms are gone now. But today’s our 40th Anniversary and we should have been in Negril for 2 weeks right now. 

SOON COME MON

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

My mom died in 1977 at age 62.

15 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My mom died in 1977 at age 62.

We have been blessed. Both sets of our parents are still alive.  My Mom is a 2 time cancer survivor. First time she was only 36.  
I couldn’t ask for a better MIL . She has treated me like gold from day one.  Far cry from the way others did in my wife’s family. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

Headed to the in-laws with some smoked chickens. They are 85 and my FIL goes out to multiple stores daily. We are going to go inside and do everything normal. My FIL has even been going to the bar once a week to play cards and smoke cigars. I think he has been going out more since this Kung flu started? 

592F9BD6-EA64-47C0-92F3-A834DC3AB140.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We have been blessed. Both sets of our parents are still alive.  My Mom is a 2 time cancer survivor. First time she was only 36.  
I couldn’t ask for a better MIL . She has treated me like gold from day one.  Far cry from the way others did in my wife’s family. 

Sounds like a great Family you have..

Both my parents and my Wife's have passed, wife's dad was a WW 2 paratrooper who had his leg shot off jumping into Normandy.

Edited by XCR1250

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Sounds like a great Family you have..

Both my parents and my Wife's have passed, wife's dad was a WW 2 paratrooper who had his leg shot off jumping into Normandy.

Far from perfect, but I feel like we lucked out in that area.  Both sides  used to have big family gatherings, but over the years it has dwindled down to just immediate family.  Seems like that is pretty typical nowadays.  
we can still honor and remember those who have passed. 👍

• Like 1