Check your account email address ×

I say it’s time to start opening up

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Edmo said:

People here like to eat out, both parents working and have money but very little time or desire to prepare dinner. Restaurants are always jammed. Sure some will go out of business, but I think the better ones will get back to normal soon.

As soon as restaurants open up, I will be there. I miss dining out big time.

. I haven't been afraid of this virus from the get go but just talked to a friend that we often  go out to dinner with and he caught it while working in NYC....said it was real bad for him, breathing difficulties,  fever, the whole nine yards.  He refused to go to the hospital but said he came close a couple times and he was quite sick for several weeks he said. He's in early 60's fairly healthy, maybe prediabetic but Im surprised how hard it apparently hit him. His wife also contracted it and had a rough time too. Makes me wonder if there  may be a stronger strain in the NYC area compared to the west coast.

As far as masks go, don't have much choice when shopping and I have kind of gotten used to it but that is really the only time I will wear one ....its really not a big deal but Im not too sold on their effectiveness either....I still LMAO at those driving in cars wearing them.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

How about you go fuck yourself?  I'm done discussing this with you. I should have stopped when I mentioned that I  was not going to say anything that would change your mind. 

Here ya go...this is where they get their info...Ingraham and Rush Limbaugh.

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Going back to TV work next weekend...

:bc:

Neal

Oh man. This is good news. Glad you’re picking up a gig Neal. Hopefully we start coming back, slowly but surely.  :bc: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

. I haven't been afraid of this virus from the get go but just talked to a friend that we often  go out to dinner with and he caught it while working in NYC....said it was real bad for him, breathing difficulties,  fever, the whole nine yards.  He refused to go to the hospital but said he came close a couple times and he was quite sick for several weeks he said. He's in early 60's fairly healthy, maybe prediabetic but Im surprised how hard it apparently hit him. His wife also contracted it and had a rough time too. Makes me wonder if there  may be a stronger strain in the NYC area compared to the west coast.

As far as masks go, don't have much choice when shopping and I have kind of gotten used to it but that is really the only time I will wear one ....its really not a big deal but Im not too sold on their effectiveness either....I still LMAO at those driving in cars wearing them.

STill cracks me up. ALmost want to tell them " you cant get it from yourself"

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

STill cracks me up. ALmost want to tell them " you cant get it from yourself"

It’s becoming a weird fad for sure.  Also in the “WTF file”.  I saw a lady walking through the McDonalds drive through lane yesterday.  :lol:

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Reinforcements are here!  :lol:

8A9EF326-C2DC-4426-8182-AA5564A03F66.gif

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, snoughnut said:

It,s time to put real workers first. We really need o get rid of useless, dead weight, stuffed shirts like mortgage lenders and bankers. :news:

And don,t forget lawyers as well, I,m betting they are going to be real busy once a bit of this dust up settles.

Edited by Frostynuts

8 hours ago, ckf said:

Any fans in the seats?

European soccer are going to put cardboard cut-outs in their seats. You pay the ticket price, and they put your picture on a cardboard cutout and stuff you in a seat. I wouldn,t be surprised to see other leagues  do the same thing as well to collect their millions of fan generated dollars.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup.

Our local radio station reported on a women who crashed her car.  Reportedly she was not getting enough oxygen while driving around with her mask on.  Made me lol. 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup.

Our local radio station reported on a women who crashed her car.  Reportedly she was not getting enough oxygen while driving around with her mask on.  Made me lol. 

That made national news. :lol:

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who are your go tos Jim, after all you fancy yourself to be so fucking above it all?  I didn't see anyone reference her, just you.   Laura Ingraham grew up a couple towns over, I have several friends who knew her growing up, her mother worked for a buddy of mine.  She's accomplished more by age 30 than you ever will.  Tell me where is she wrong?  May be try not to be such a touch hole all the time and just wave off someone because they're not on your team, which is clearly the DNC.

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Who are your go tos Jim, after all you fancy yourself to be so fucking above it all.  Laura Ingraham grew up a couple towns over, I have several friends who knew her growing up, her mother worked for a buddy of mine.  She's accomplished more by age 30 than you ever will.  Tell me where is she wrong?  May be try not to be such a touch hole all the time and just wave off someone because they're not on your team, which is clearly the DNC.

Is that always your go to..there are plenty of Democrats that have accomplished more than you as well...WGAF? BTW that is another of your stupid concepts....that everybody should have a team and toe that line and why does criticizing some talking news head that you (shocker) happen to slobber over make me above it all...weird. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Is that always your go to..there are plenty of Democrats that have accomplished more than you as well...WGAF? BTW that is another of your stupid concepts....that everybody should have a team and toe that line. 

I'm talking about you, and your big fucking mouth.  You are a classic cheap seater and a troll.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Who are your go tos Jim, after all you fancy yourself to be so fucking above it all.  Laura Ingraham grew up a couple towns over, I have several friends who knew her growing up, her mother worked for a buddy of mine.  She's accomplished more by age 30 than you ever will.  Tell me where is she wrong?  May be try not to be such a touch hole all the time and just wave off someone because they're not on your team, which is clearly the DNC.

You do reailze that it was the Trump taskforce that recommended the masks and not the media.

Just now, ckf said:

You do reailze that it was the Trump taskforce that recommended the masks and not the media.

Yeah I realize that, so what?  I also realize Fauci was telling everyone NOT to wear masks inititally

Edited by DriftBusta

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I thought Rush caught the cancer, got a medal, and died?  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm talking about you, and your big fucking mouth.  You are a classic cheap seater and a troll.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And you're a classic partisan hack that would cut off his own nose to spite his face if Rush Limabaugh said you should do it. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I realize that, so what?  I also realize Fauci was telling everyone NOT to wear masks inititally

Go lick a doorknob you stupid hack. :lmao:

OMG a friend of a friend two towns over knew Laura when they were in grade school...how dare you say a bad word about her!!!!!!! :lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

And you're a classic partisan hack that would cut off his own nose to spite his face if Rush Limabaugh said you should do it. 

No Jim, I"m a doer.  You're a talker.  That reminds me, I have to go "do" some things.  Enjoy another day of telling people you're busy, when you're clearly not.  :lol: 

Just now, ckf said:

You asked where she was wrong.  She suggested that it's the media that wants you to wear them. 

I asked Jim, and as usual, he ignored the question.  Its her opinion, of which there are many out there right now.  The whole mask recommendation thing is an example of why I'm not sure who or what to believe right now.  But she is right to be suspicious of a media that is clearly corrupt.   Do you think the media is honest overall?

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

You asked where she was wrong.  She suggested that it's the media that wants you to wear them. 

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Go lick a doorknob you stupid hack. :lmao:

OMG a friend of a friend two towns over knew Laura when they were in grade school...how dare you say a bad word about her!!!!!!! :lol:

Point is, she's credible, you just run your flaps.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

No Jim, I"m a doer.  You're a talker.  That reminds me, I have to go "do" some things.  Enjoy another day of telling people you're busy, when you're clearly not.  :lol: 

I asked Jim, and as usual, he ignored the question.  Its her opinion, of which there are many out there right now.  The whole mask recommendation thing is an example of why I'm not sure who or what to believe right now.  But she is right to be suspicious of a media that is clearly corrupt.   Do you think the media is honest overall?

Oh I know Mark...you say that here and run over to TBP and post all day.