Check your account email address ×

Do you think this is fucking normal

Yes, it makes sense. Skateboarders are basically punks. They will violate any order to not skate there. This is the only way to stop those bastard punks. 

I’m shocked it it still there to begin with.  They have been talking about building something like that locally, since I used to skateboard .  Who knows now, maybe kids don’t hang out anymore or skate, but it always pisses me off how skate parks and places for teens to go would get shot down. 

Edited by Cold War

10 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Were you planning on skateboarding there this week? :dunno:

• Haha 3

There is a skate park down the road from me. They had to dismantle it and make it un usable,because large groups of kids were going there in the middle of the night to do what ever. It’s closed at dusk during normal times. These kids fucked it up for themselves. 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There is a skate park down the road from me. They had to dismantle it and make it un usable,because large groups of kids were going there in the middle of the night to do what ever. It’s closed at dusk during normal times. These kids fucked it up for themselves. 

In Syracuse they took down the basketball hoops in the downtown areas as large groups were there

Just now, Rigid1 said:

In Syracuse they took down the basketball hoops in the downtown areas as large groups were there

Same thing here. They left them up for families to shoot a few hoops. Then large groups started having pick up games. They removed them after that.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Same thing here. They left them up for families to shoot a few hoops. Then large groups started having pick up games. They removed them after that.

Exactly what happened here

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This was always the argument.  Lawsuits and kids hanging out doing drugs.  Skate park does not cause kids to do drugs. Kids need a place to go.   Yes, some will get hurt, some will have smoked weed .  So,  what. We deal with it.  I hate the safe at all costs mentally and the scumbag lawyers who prey on those trying to do something nice for kids

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

This was always the argument.  Lawsuits and kids hanging out doing drugs.  Skate park does not cause kids to do drugs. Kids need a place to go.   Yes, some will get hurt, some will have smoked weed .  So,  what. We deal with it.  I hate the safe at all costs mentally and the scumbag lawyers who prey on those trying to do something nice for kids

We have multiple parks and there haven’t been any of those problems. They just had to close them during this. Cops rarely have problems at them. Skateboarders Police them selves pretty good.

I remember when we were kids we didnt have skate parks and bmx parks. We had to get shovels and old tires and make our own jumps. Fucking pussy ass millennials!

Edited by Anler

Just now, Anler said:

I remember when we were kids we did have skate parks and bmx parks. We had to get shovels and old tires and make our own jumps. Fucking pussy ass millennials!

And we had to buy weed on the street and not in some fancy store. These damn kids don’t know how good they have it.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

We have multiple parks and there haven’t been any of those problems. They just had to close them during this. Cops rarely have problems at them. Skateboarders Police them selves pretty good.

I have no doubt.   Everyone likes to over exaggerate and use scare tactics.