Check your account email address ×

22 million new unemployment claims?

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The economy is based to a large extent on inertia. This thing slammed a big metal pipe in the wheel. There’s some real suffering starting right now. 

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Quite to the contrary. I’m positioned very well at this point in my life. Both financially and emotionally. I’m gong to be just fine and this thing will not effect my comfortable standard on living in the least. Zero dependents, plenty of assets, and zero exposure to the market. 

There are people out there with a lot to lose. Heavily indebted and anchored down with people that depend on them. The uncertainty at this point is suffocating to an economy as we once knew it. The entire thing was a house of cards in the first place. Everyone with a functioning brain knows that the feds can’t keep printing money forever. this isn’t the end. It’s just that the future is going to be very different. 

No shit Mr. Gloom and Doom, you’re not making some big revalation so stop thinking you’re Walter Cronkite or something. Why are liberals like yourself such sad sacks?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He is rambling blathering fool...he is seriously mentally ill...wow.

His admin issues guidelines for easing the shelter in place rule, the next day he tweets liberate, he's a sick man.

Did your gov lighten up on the boating rule?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

His admin issues guidelines for easing the shelter in place rule, the next day he tweets liberate, he's a sick man.

Did your gov lighten up on the boating rule?

Not that I know of and think she absolutely should. 

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Given the fact that the country has become dependent on service industry jobs, the future looks very, very grim economically. Hospitality jobs including restaurant jobs are going to be flat for a very long time. These are people that have no other salable skill, but represent a huge portion of the economy. That’s going to drag everything down through a ripple effect. Now let’s talk about the deficit mess that’s exploded the last few years. I honestly don’t see how Wall Street isn’t going to take some very damaging plunges and foreclosures begins to destroy banking. 

I think hospitality jobs will spike intinally and then it will be a slow climb to what it was, here in Illinois many restaurants are doing a carryout business while the shelter in place is going on. Banking doesn't have the huge amount stupid mortgages that it did last time.

Landscapers are still landscaping and cutting grass, construction is still moving along, baggers are  bagging groceries, car washes are washing, etc. Now many people are not having there house cleaners coming in, but on the flip commercial buildings are having space deep cleaned.

I think the hospitality and travel industry is going to come back in a fashion like it did after 9-11 which was very slowly.

As far as Wall Street many of the businesses on the DJI are able to operate with people working remotely, we have technology to thank for that.

THe other factor and it's the largest factor is an effective treatment and or a vaccine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not that I know of and think she absolutely should. 

Michigan's rules are a lot tighter than Illinois, although I just read that boating in Illinois is restricted. Below is Michigan's and Illinois's FAQ's in regard to the EO's

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455-525278--,00.html

https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Essential Business FAQ.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Michigan's rules are a lot tighter than Illinois, although I just read that boating in Illinois is restricted. Below is Michigan's and Illinois's FAQ's in regard to the EO's

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455-525278--,00.html

https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Essential Business FAQ.pdf

I’m headed to my camp next weekend,if the weather is good. Fuck her. It’s time to get back to normal. I will do everything normal with the exception of staying away from the old timers up there. 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I think hospitality jobs will spike intinally and then it will be a slow climb to what it was, here in Illinois many restaurants are doing a carryout business while the shelter in place is going on. Banking doesn't have the huge amount stupid mortgages that it did last time.

Landscapers are still landscaping and cutting grass, construction is still moving along, baggers are  bagging groceries, car washes are washing, etc. Now many people are not having there house cleaners coming in, but on the flip commercial buildings are having space deep cleaned.

I think the hospitality and travel industry is going to come back in a fashion like it did after 9-11 which was very slowly.

As far as Wall Street many of the businesses on the DJI are able to operate with people working remotely, we have technology to thank for that.

THe other factor and it's the largest factor is an effective treatment and or a vaccine.

It’s going to come back very slowly. People aren’t going to pack a restaurant for a good long time. I certainly won’t. There’s going to be a pent up need for goods that will most certainly be there. Services less so. Although this does open the market up for new industries branching off the pandemic. As the states open up, death and sick numbers are going to climb again. It’ll be a seesaw for a good many many months. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

It’s going to come back very slowly. People aren’t going to pack a restaurant for a good long time. I certainly won’t. There’s going to be a pent up need for goods that will most certainly be there. Services less so. Although this does open the market up for new industries branching off the pandemic. As the states open up, death and sick numbers are going to climb again. It’ll be a seesaw for a good many many months. 

You don’t have the first fucking clue what’s going to happen. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

Not a clue.

The idiot likes to spew his opinion like he’s an expert. Lonely people love to hear themselves talk, he should just park his ass in front of a mirror and talk to himself for hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The idiot likes to spew his opinion like he’s an expert. Lonely people love to hear themselves talk, he should just park his ass in front of a mirror and talk to himself for hours. 

Why is that what you do :owned:

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m headed to my camp next weekend,if the weather is good. Fuck her. It’s time to get back to normal. I will do everything normal with the exception of staying away from the old timers up there. 

You're from out of state...pretty sure you're too  legit to quit.  :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

What are you so afraid of?