Check your account email address ×

Trump calls on governors with "beautifully low" coronavirus numbers to reopen on May 1

President Trump told governors on a conference call today that he wants to begin to reopen the U.S. economy on May 1.

• He called on governors with low coronavirus numbers to begin to reopen their economies on May 1, with the caveat that states should go at their own pace.
  • "You states with beautifully low numbers, let's get your states open and get back to work," Trump said, according to one person on the call and one person familiar with the call.

The White House distributed a document of guidelines for "Opening up America Again" that offers proposed phased reopenings in state or regions that meet certain "gating" criteria.

• It includes metrics around cases, symptoms and hospital capacity.

It also includes 3 distinct phases for states, beginning when they satisfy an initial list of progress based on the metrics above.

1. A slightly softer lockdown, with a phased reopening of some offices and social distancing still encouraged.
  2. For non-vulnerable population, life largely returns to normal. Non-essential travel can resume for non-vulnerable populations.
  3. For vulnerable populations, life can begin to normalize, but with social distancing for those people.

The White House has not yet responded to a request for comment.

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great idea. Now lets get those business resumption plans dialed in so we can get things moving again in a couple of weeks. 

I think everything should be opened up. At this point the shitty nursing homes, children’s wards, and hospitals or any other institution that houses the vulnerable are going suffer with or without a shut down. I know enough on how to protect myself at this point. No fears what so ever on getting it. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great idea. Now lets get those business resumption plans dialed in so we can get things moving again in a couple of weeks. 

Agreed, its time to get as much functioning as we can.

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I think everything should be opened up. At this point the shitty nursing homes, children’s wards, and hospitals or any other institution that houses the vulnerable are going suffer with or without a shut down. I know enough on how to protect myself at this point. No fears what so ever on getting it. 

I have no fears either. Im ready to get it now and get it overwith. 

We need to start opening things back up when practical. Plans should be in place to begin opening back up by early May. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yeah fuck it at this point as this kind of thing is happening with a lockdown...eesshhh....can't get much worse.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/17-bodies-found-inside-jersey-nursing-home-amid/story?id=70181840

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

what kind of retard describes things as states with beautifully low numbers.  

It's the right thing to do but he just sounds like a fucktard all the time.  

Trump is a tremendous word smith with adjectives.  Believe me.  The most tremendous. (Pronouns too!)

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

You live along the I-41 corridor in WI, which has some of the best healthcare availability per capita anywhere in the country.  With appropriate distancing and regulation, should be no problem reopening without overwhelming the healthcare system.

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

what kind of retard describes things as states with beautifully low numbers.  

It's the right thing to do but he just sounds like a fucktard all the time.  

like when he referred to Dana White as 'Great' Dana White the other day :lol: 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

like when he referred to Dana White as 'Great' Dana White the other day :lol: 

yeah its cringeworthy.  Wish he'd polish that shit.  I get his point of bringing the message directly to the public with these press conferences, and why he's on the medias ass (most of it anyways), but his phrasing is often terrible.  I'm still voting for him.   :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah its cringeworthy.  Wish he'd polish that shit.  I get his point of bringing the message directly to the public with these press conferences, and why he's on the medias ass (most of it anyways), but his phrasing is often terrible.  I'm still voting for him.   :lol:

Is there another option?

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't see anyone that actually supports biden on here.  doesn't take away from trumps idiocies.  

MC doesn't count,  he has the dementia as well

I love that logic...Biden sucks so you can't criticize Trump have to support him...I'll defer to TR, The Colonel...Teddy The Trust Buster......

IMG_5327.JPG.43a7af7f045bc90a66972ca545142480.JPG

• Like 1

I'm really losing whatever faith I had in Trump. Every passing day shows me what a jerk he is. He's not stupid, he's a fukkin jerk. 

I'm hoping Cuomo throws his hat into this 3 Ring Circus!!!!    

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You live along the I-41 corridor in WI, which has some of the best healthcare availability per capita anywhere in the country.  With appropriate distancing and regulation, should be no problem reopening without overwhelming the healthcare system.

The people that got the message of self protective behaviors have gotten it. Those that haven’t at this point never will. Like those marching together in Michigan. Fucking dumb. I don’t think that locking things down is going to change a thing at this point. Can’t regulate common sense. Whether or not the healthcare system gets overwhelmed is going to be choice that people make. I personally have no intention on going to restaurants or taking a flight anytime soon so with or without a ban I’m making a choice based on staying safe. It would be nice to get the stores opened up again and be able to leave the state. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love that logic...Biden sucks so you can't criticize Trump have to support him...I'll defer to TR, The Colonel...Teddy The Trust Buster......

IMG_5327.JPG.43a7af7f045bc90a66972ca545142480.JPG

I can’t recall such a thin skinned bunch of cunts as the trump defenders. It defies explanation. 

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm really losing whatever faith I had in Trump. Every passing day shows me what a jerk he is. He's not stupid, he's a fukkin jerk. 

I'm hoping Cuomo throws his hat into this 3 Ring Circus!!!!    

Your just realizing that now? Fuck I knew that when I voted for him. I assumed everyone else did too.

Can you imagine using the term " beautifully low numbers " when referring to the death virus, that has killed so many people!!!

NO AMOUNT IS LOW ENOUGH!!!!! ZERO is the only number!!!!!!

God, please take this guy from the White House in November!!!!! We can not take another 4 years.Trump was a fluke!! He was an aberration!!! He was the result of a wretched opponent, and Americans thinking his brash behavior was politically un-correct, and fun to watch!  He's had his 15 minutes, please exit stage left. 

Edited by Guest