Check your account email address ×

No pot roast for Easter.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Probably should trade her in for a model that actually functions as advertised.  

She is quite the performer fo 50. Ham isn’t as important to me.:ashamed:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What are you making Woodrow???

Carne asada. It’s a South American way of cooking cheep skirt steak. You find it on sit down Mexican restaurants menu as well as a few other ethnic restaurants. It’s low end steak but the prep on it makes in very tender. If cooked right,it melts in your mouth.  I will be dropping a bunch off to the in-laws tomorrow. I also went to a Mexican bakery and got some stuff for them. I joke around a bunch on here. Some neighborhood stores that can legally be open in Chicago,have closed this weekend.  My SIL is bringing them a easter dinner today. We will bring them stuff tomorrow and my BIL will bring them stuff later in the week. We are trying to mix it up and not bring them the same stuff. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:Carne asada. It’s a South American way of cooking cheep skirt steak. You find it on sit down Mexican restaurants menu as well as a few other ethnic restaurants. It’s low end steak but the prep on it makes in very tender. If cooked right,it melts in your mouth.  I will be dropping a bunch off to the in-laws tomorrow. I also went to a Mexican bakery and got some stuff for them. I joke around a bunch on here. Some neighborhood stores that can legally be open in Chicago,have closed this weekend.  My SIL is bringing them a easter dinner today. We will bring them stuff tomorrow and my BIL will bring them stuff later in the week. We are trying to mix it up and not bring them the same stuff. 

I watched a few videos on making Carne Asada and we've had it a few times...did OK but going to keep working on it. :thumbsup:

As for today nothing special planned...did take out Prime Rib yesterday from the local place where my daughter works in the summer.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Carne asada. It’s a South American way of cooking cheep skirt steak. You find it on sit down Mexican restaurants menu as well as a few other ethnic restaurants. It’s low end steak but the prep on it makes in very tender. If cooked right,it melts in your mouth.  I will be dropping a bunch off to the in-laws tomorrow. I also went to a Mexican bakery and got some stuff for them. I joke around a bunch on here. Some neighborhood stores that can legally be open in Chicago,have closed this weekend.  My SIL is bringing them a easter dinner today. We will bring them stuff tomorrow and my BIL will bring them stuff later in the week. We are trying to mix it up and not bring them the same stuff. 

Skirt steak is actually the preferred cut of steak in our house.  Cheaper, tender, lots of flavor.  Can get it at Aldi.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Carne Asada is great. :bc:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Skirt steak is actually the preferred cut of steak in our house.  Cheaper, tender, lots of flavor.  Can get it at Aldi.

The Mexican butcher by me sends  it through the tenderizer machine. Pokes holes through it and flattens it. Cook it on a cast iron pan or on the grill on low heat. It cooks crazy fast.:bc:

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Skirt steak is way better than chuck eye.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, frenchy said:

chuck eye for the dog on special occasions.

ScrawnyBrilliantDore-max-1mb.gif

And bhen just got sent to ownage Village. Where he will drive a retired police crown Vic and reside in a single wide. He will only be allowed to shop at dollar general. Poor #bennytomany.

• Haha 2