Check your account email address ×

Game changer.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

No, we were talking about that at work the other day. How 73-83 were real tough yrs for American car co's.

I had a ‘77 Pontiac Grand Prix  that was nice. But yeah, most of them sucked.

FCC81965-50FD-492B-A53F-D1F03BE7AF30.png

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I always thought these were cool and ahead of their time....

IMG_5298.thumb.JPG.b3e93910c82f0f00076782da9be62d24.JPG

I owned three AMC's, a four door 69 Ambassador that copper color, a red 69 Javelin, and a  two door 74 Matador that was a cream color.

The  69's both had 390's 315 HP, the 74 was fitted with an anemic 304.

File:1969 AMC Ambassador SST sedan with custom package at 2015 AMO ...

File:1969 AMC Javelin SST pony car red99.jpg - Wikipedia

Now you have to imagine this Matador with deep dish aluminun mags fitted with 60's on the back, and air shocks, the car had a real good look.

a2

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

can you really name any good American cars from the mid to late 70's? 

My first new car was a 79 Mustang with a 302, opened up the exhaust and the air intake, disconnected most of the smog equipment, unfortunately the smog pump stayed as a pulley wheel for the belt, I say unfortunately because it had a propensity for the pulley wheel to get sheered off, I kept a spare pump in the back.

The car would beat stock Vettes at the stop lights, to be honest I didn't care much when it was stolen.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I always thought these were cool and ahead of their time....

IMG_5298.thumb.JPG.b3e93910c82f0f00076782da9be62d24.JPG

well that explains everything!  :lol:  4 wd wagon though, pretty handy for the time given Subaru sells a million copies of the same concept every year now

6 hours ago, frenchy said:

my uncle was an AMC dealer back in the day. He had some beuts. :lol: 

Matador, AMX, one of those.....his wife had a a Gremlin X which I think had a chain link steering wheel :lol: 

We had one of these:

112717-1974-AMC-Matador-Brougham-1-e1511

Oooofff.  A buddy of ours dad had an Ambassador back in the day, we used to torture him mercilessly about it  :lol: 

4 hours ago, frenchy said:

Grand Wagoneer was a cool vehicle :bc:

Kid at my daughter's HS tools around in a near mint one. Feel like asking him if he'd ever sell it :lol: 

09-08-2017_001_920x.JPG?v=1539173712

Those were considered pretty top of the line back then

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn't own one of those  but my first ride in HS as this beauty...rusty as fuck but I loved that fucker...Straight 6, manual....perfect! 

IMG_5299.thumb.JPG.44ef11602b42115b6379291faf441ddb.JPG

wow...don't see many of those old dogs around.  Neighbor had a couple "fancy" ones he bought new back in the day with the V8 in it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

hmmmm, isn't that vette the same one they gave dirk diggler in boogie nights to suck cock out of? 

Always with the Midget Faggot with cock on his pea sized brain :gfight: sick Sodomite FUCK 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

well that explains everything!  :lol:  4 wd wagon though, pretty handy for the time given Subaru sells a million copies of the same concept every year now

Oooofff.  A buddy of ours dad had an Ambassador back in the day, we used to torture him mercilessly about it  :lol: 

Those were considered pretty top of the line back then

wow...don't see many of those old dogs around.  Neighbor had a couple "fancy" ones he bought new back in the day with the V8 in it

I would love to own a restored Scout...my mom bought a new one in 1978 that was basically the same color as mine...had a V8, AM Radio..pretty bare bones but it worked well until the premature rust got her! 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Always with the Midget Faggot with cock on his pea sized brain :gfight: sick Sodomite FUCK 

oh look, my fat sexually repressed shadow. 

If I toss a Jos Louis will you chase it and leave me alone? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would love to own a restored Scout...my mom bought a new one in 1978 that was basically the same color as mine...had a V8, AM Radio..pretty bare bones but it worked well until the premature rust got her! 

Wicked cool vehicles for the era for sure.  

• Like 1

coworker has an international travel all in decent shape.  He ended up owning it because another coworker had a gambling issue and needed to dump a few cars quick.  It's cool but not as cool as a Chevy/GMC/Ford of that vintage.  

1 hour ago, ManOnManOral said:

360 lbs ft of torque. Nice ride.

put some good brakes and suspension on one of those it'd be a great Sunday cruiser for not a lot of money. There's a guy who has one on the quebec side near Quyon/Fitzroy Harbour that has a convertible model modded quite nicely with not a ton of $$ into it complete with a set of boss hog horns on the front :lol: 

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

I had a ‘77 Pontiac Grand Prix  that was nice. But yeah, most of them sucked.

FCC81965-50FD-492B-A53F-D1F03BE7AF30.png

I always liked the looks of those cars. They just looked classy to me as well cool looking.

74 Monte Carlo for the win, however. :bc:

Picture 003 (Large).jpg

Picture 005 (Large).jpg

• Like 5

You know the performance segment of the American auto industry was in the crapper when the quickest American production vehicle in 1979 was a truck running 15 second 1/4’s. Faster than a Vette.  :lol2:

534033FD-C03F-485A-94F5-E4256B4F8FEA.jpeg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, frenchy said:

my uncle was an AMC dealer back in the day. He had some beuts. :lol: 

Matador, AMX, one of those.....his wife had a a Gremlin X which I think had a chain link steering wheel :lol: 

We had one of these:

112717-1974-AMC-Matador-Brougham-1-e1511

The deep dish wheels did wonders for the look of Matadors.