Check your account email address ×

Is it possible the Chinese virus was here a lot earlier than reported? Yes, say experts

At the end of January the wife and I were in Rhode Island for a half week. Shortly after we got back, she was down for a week and I had something similar. Never sweat so much in my life......

• Advertising Member
19 minutes ago, Snake said:

At the end of January the wife and I were in Rhode Island for a half week. Shortly after we got back, she was down for a week and I had something similar. Never sweat so much in my life......

If you had what I had it was kinda crazy.  My little girl and wife didn't catch it.  I got sick after traveling to AR and back on a hunting trip and just chalked it up to being run down.  I haven't honestly been that sick in years.  Whatever it was was pretty potent, DR just said it was a virus and I needed to rest.

9 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

If you had what I had it was kinda crazy.  My little girl and wife didn't catch it.  I got sick after traveling to AR and back on a hunting trip and just chalked it up to being run down.  I haven't honestly been that sick in years.  Whatever it was was pretty potent, DR just said it was a virus and I needed to rest.

Nothing put me down like that did. Last time I spent the day in bed sick like that I can't even remember. Had to change the sheets from all the sweat.

I would really like to take an antibody test.

• Confused 1

• Advertising Member
Just now, Snake said:

Nothing put me down like that did. Last time I spent the day in bed sick like that I can't even remember. Had to change the sheets from all the sweat.

Funny that you had almost the same symptoms that I did.   Def knocked my dick in the dirt.   It is also crazy that I had this crazy skin issue after the fact.  I've been standing in a UV B light chamber for the past 6 weeks 3 times a week.  Skin DR said that the sickness was directly responsible for my skin.

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

Funny that you had almost the same symptoms that I did.   Def knocked my dick in the dirt.   It is also crazy that I had this crazy skin issue after the fact.  I've been standing in a UV B light chamber for the past 6 weeks 3 times a week.  Skin DR said that the sickness was directly responsible for my skin.

Explain......

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

I had something similar back in late Dec, knocked me off pretty good.  Wondering the same thing if this has been around longer.

• Advertising Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Explain......

So a month after I was sick, I got these little teardrop sized red spots on my stomach.  I thought it was hives from the wife switching my body wash.  I called my DR after 4-5 days and asked him for prednisone.  He called me in a script and told me to call in a week if they didn't get better.  Fast-forward a week and they are still spreading...... I go in and he doesn't know what the fuck I have.  Tests me for all kinds of auto-immune things like AIDS and HEP-C (which I had a cow over because there is no way I have either) but anyway says I may have vasculitis (and that scared the hell out of me).  I asked for a referral to a dermatologist and they saw me right away.  DR took a look at me and said I developed Guttate Psoriasis.  First question he asked was if I was sick in the last few weeks/month.  He said that specific form is triggered by a "strep like" virus (this was prior to the Covid).  Anyway it has been a long time healing up, and anyone that has had strep can get this....good news is that it heals up and usually never comes back.  Long few months man. 

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

So a month after I was sick, I got these little teardrop sized red spots on my stomach.  I thought it was hives from the wife switching my body wash.  I called my DR after 4-5 days and asked him for prednisone.  He called me in a script and told me to call in a week if they didn't get better.  Fast-forward a week and they are still spreading...... I go in and he doesn't know what the fuck I have.  Tests me for all kinds of auto-immune things like AIDS and HEP-C (which I had a cow over because there is no way I have either) but anyway says I may have vasculitis (and that scared the hell out of me).  I asked for a referral to a dermatologist and they saw me right away.  DR took a look at me and said I developed Guttate Psoriasis.  First question he asked was if I was sick in the last few weeks/month.  He said that specific form is triggered by a "strep like" virus (this was prior to the Covid).  Anyway it has been a long time healing up, and anyone that has had strep can get this....good news is that it heals up and usually never comes back.  Long few months man. 

Holy fuck.

Nothing like that in my experience. Only thing I notice in reference to that is I get red blotches... almost like a bruise but no real trauma.

This pic... I was detailing the convertible this weekend and got into some tight spaces. Look at this shit... they have faded about half...

imOde371sn2YrCbYCwwKEMje5S51g727pDQj3DLV

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I got hungover a few nasty times last year. Nasty shit.  Laid me out for a couple days easy.  

Shit, I had the same, hope it was not contagious.  I was around a lot of others at the time and they got the same thing I did.  LOL.  Gotta stay cautious, but realistic.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Shit, I had the same, hope it was not contagious.  I was around a lot of others at the time and they got the same thing I did.  LOL.  Gotta stay cautious, but realistic.

:lol: 

I showered several times through the “illness” looking for any and all relief so I was ready for surgery type sterile. I’m not sure but I think that virus lives a long time on bourbon bottles.  It’s the only thing that I can figure.  :dunno:

• Advertising Member
7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Holy fuck.

Nothing like that in my experience. Only thing I notice in reference to that is I get red blotches... almost like a bruise but no real trauma.

This pic... I was detailing the convertible this weekend and got into some tight spaces. Look at this shit... they have faded about half...

That's weird...... I wonder what that is all about??

As of today my arms are healed, legs, and my torso has just faint splotches left.  I was using some sort of script cream that had coal tar mixed in it.  I smelled like diesel fuel....god love my wife for putting it on.  Local pharmacy had the strongest CBD cream that you could get, and I was doing light therapy.  I don't use any of the cream now and the good news is that I'm almost done with the light,  and I have a BITCHING tan now.  I should only have 10-12 more light treatments to do and it should be gone and never come back.  It is a really rare form of  Psoriasis and doesn't stay with you like the normal plaque psoriasis.  Completely different

Edited by Seatofmypants

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

That's weird...... I wonder what that is all about??

As of today my arms are healed, legs, and my torso has just faint splotches left.  I was using some sort of script cream that had coal tar mixed in it.  I smelled like diesel fuel....god love my wife for putting it on.  Local pharmacy had the strongest CBD cream that you could get, and I was doing light therapy.  I don't use any of the cream now and the good news is that I'm almost done with the light,  and I have a BITCHING tan now.  I should only have 10-12 more light treatments to do and it should be gone and never come back.  It is a really rare form of  Psoriasis and doesn't stay with you like what most people associate that with.

Danm.

Glad it is a temporary ailment. That is the last thing any one needs....

11 hours ago, ACE said:

Lots of anecdotal stories of people being sick but testing negative for the flu.  Experts say it’s entirely possible it was in North America long before it was first found 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/26/coronavirus-fact-check-could-your-december-cough-have-been-covid-19/2899027001/

Wife and I were very ill, I guess it was Jan. or early Feb., we had slight fevers, dry cough every few seconds, somewhat hard time breathing, lasted about 3 weeks for both of us, my diaphragm and chest hurt so bad it was hard to cough due to the pains but had no choice but to cough, thought I was going to rupture something, she was the same..some time later she went in for an annual checkup, her Doctor said we both probably had the CV as at the time it wasn't well known..now I'm actually hoping we had it as perhaps we are now immune to it.

She always brings something home while working at Wally World.

There was some nasty stuff going around the wife’s office around March first. Everybody was sick. One person she works closely with disappeared around March 1 and never came back. A few weeks later they announced that someone had the cv but wouldn’t name them (health privacy act). She had it bad for a few weeks, high temp and whole body sore. Daughter and I have been fine.

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

Holy fuck.

I get them on my hands when I scratch then working in tight spots. They don't last long and it comes with old age

20200401_090044.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

An almost universal symptom that sets it apart from the flu is loss of taste and smell.  

Has that been verified as universal.   I've just started hearing about it in the past week or so. 

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I get them on my hands when I scratch then working in tight spots. They don't last long and it comes with old age

20200401_090044.jpg

How to shit on a guys' birthday 101... :sad:

:lol: