Check your account email address ×

My 20 yo niece has the covid

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Started coming down with symptoms on Saturday and hasn't left the couch since. Completely kicking her ass. Pretty much guaranteed the whole family is infected now too as she came home from school 12 days ago from Saturday. And her 79 yo grandfather. Talking with her dad it sounds worse than a cold. 

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm hoping for the best for her and her family.

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

Hope it's not life threatening for any of them Anler!

My pop called me today with a sob story of why I dropped off stuff for them yesterday and didn't come inside to say hi to mom.  "You should really at least call her!"  WTF?

He don't get it at all.  He's a mental case over this non-socializing thing.  I'm around strangers at work all day, i'm not setting a foot in their house, for their own good!

Your dad's right about the phone call, it's good for the older folks morale to hear from the kids during these trying times.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Your dad's right about the phone call, it's good for the older folks morale to hear from the kids during these trying times.

I know.  I forget sometimes that now they're in their 70's, and little things bother them differently . It's not her with the problem though, it's him.  She's fine, I know it.  He's sitting around all day worrying instead of visiting his daily people that he shoots the shit with.  She's like me, naturally socially distanced. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I didnt ask about that. They are more worried about his dad. 

Totally get that. 

My dad is high risk. We are used to that though and do all these same precautions during flu season. I really hope this works out okay for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Started coming down with symptoms on Saturday and hasn't left the couch since. Completely kicking her ass. Pretty much guaranteed the whole family is infected now too as she came home from school 12 days ago from Saturday. And her 79 yo grandfather. Talking with her dad it sounds worse than a cold. 

Sucks . Sorry to hear.. I'm sure everyone will be ok. Keep an eye on the grandpa tho

42 minutes ago, 03classic700 said:

Dr's put me on house arrest again because of my immune system.

I probably should be too. But I don't interact with public much in my job. One of the meds I'm on is an autoimmune suppressant so.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes to your family, hopefully everyone gets through it. To members that are infected or have family or friends infected would you update us on your health. I think many are afraid of the unknown. The range of stories going around is so varied that many just don't know who to believe. It would be great to hear from "real" people. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted as things progress but it'll be hard to really say how bad it is until the others start having symptoms. This girl is probably the most overly dramatic girl I've ever met in my life. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted as things progress but it'll be hard to really say how bad it is until the others start having symptoms. This girl is probably the most overly dramatic girl I've ever met in my life. 

Hope all goes well.

Just talking to one of our good friends. She works for a big Corp downtown and she has been working from home. Her computer crashed and she had to take it in to get fixed. The guy that fixed her computer just died from covid and now she's freaking out. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Just talking to one of our good friends. She works for a big Corp downtown and she has been working from home. Her computer crashed and she had to take it in to get fixed. The guy that fixed her computer just died from covid and now she's freaking out. 

All the usual players are hating on this. Must mean it works. 

https://academic.oup.com/jac/article/70/6/1608/728687

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Everything goes on the table. Everything  that can be wiped is. Put it on a trolly. Leave groceries and get halfway out the driveway. Dad comes out... we chat from 20 feet, then I go. I sucks.

You can't  be too careful , you're doing the right thing. My mom's 79 year old husband fucking forgets half of everything but keeps going to the supermarket and I keep telling her to go with the mask that I've given her or I'll go but she's like he's careful...he's careful, he can't even remember what the hell he's going there for. Pisses me off!!!!

Edited by Zeusand

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

We were given a lot of that stuff when I was in the Navy. I don’t recall getting sick or any side effects from it. 

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Same

You guys sure about that? 

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

I wish someone would come up with a cure or vaccine for Lyme disease. That is some nasty shit that will fuck with you the rest of your life. 

X2...fucking ticks are getting worse around here every year.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2...fucking ticks are getting worse around here every year.

One of my buds had his life turned upside down after getting bit by a tick at Kentucky lake. His body has been attacking itself ever since. He is a shell of his former self. 

• Sad 1