Check your account email address ×

How is your state doing?

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

More shops opened back up today doing non-essential ...

What kind of business'?  

Arizona is doing fuckall about it. Governor won't issue shelter in place and is preventing individual cities from doing so. But all sorts of random shit is closed. Like the boat launches at my favorite nearby lake. 

Golf courses and salons are supposedly essential services. 🥴

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Why do you think Michigan is being hit so hard? 

The city of Detroit and Wayne County is lower income and big portion of the population in Detroit has underlying medical issues. Oakland County is affluent and I would think generally more healthy so not sure the issue there.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Advertising Member

Maryland has a nursing home with 66 of 104 infected.  That thing is going to run through nursing homes.  I believe 3 dead already in that specific home.  MD just went to shelter in place.

PA (where I live) is slowly starting to go shelter in place.  I work in MD at an essential business so I get to keep grinding.

Edited by Seatofmypants

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The city of Detroit and Wayne County is lower income and big portion of the population in Detroit has underlying medical issues. Oakland County is affluent and I would think generally more healthy so not sure the issue there.

Lots of affluent people with the pre-existing conditions that can make this dangerous.   Those conditions are forever and not cured.  

Any population center is going to be at a higher risk.   More people touching the same surfaces day in and day out.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Lots of affluent people with the pre-existing conditions that can make this dangerous.   Those conditions are forever and not cured.  

Any population center is going to be at a higher risk.   More people touching the same surfaces day in and day out.  

I understand that but Detroit is probably similar to New Orleans. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand that but Detroit is probably similar to New Orleans. 

Yeah, crowded and dirty.   All cities like that will get hit hard. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Yeah, crowded and dirty.   All cities like that will get hit hard. 

Yah....And a lot of older diabetics, heart disease...etc...

58 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was wondering about this and though it may have a lot to do with the auto industry, the amount of overseas travel is pretty significant for a relatively dense area. And I’m sure the unhealthy population certainly contributes.

Edited by Doos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doos said:

I was wondering about this and though it may have a lot to do with the auto industry, the amount of overseas travel is pretty significant for a relatively dense area. And I’m sure the unhealthy population certainly contributes.

Great point.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

We are getting a lot of people from NYC coming here to their camps.. My local meat market was full of those fucking assholes this weekend..They need to put up a wall

We have about 51,000 full time residents in our county, on any given weekend in the summer that can nearly double, the amount of taxes we get from these part time residents really helps out our tax base, a double edge sword as they say. 

Just now, 1jkw said:

We have about 51,000 full time residents in our county, on any given weekend in the summer that can nearly double, the amount of taxes we get from these part time residents really helps out our tax base, a double edge sword as they say. 

Oh yes, The taxes they pay on their lake houses and the money they spend on everything else here definitely helps our local economy, but spot on with the double edge sword reference

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh yes, The taxes they pay on their lake houses and the money they spend on everything else here definitely helps our local economy, but spot on with the double edge sword reference

Yes some really good people come from the city, but some real assholes too.

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

"We're not at the same stage as other states yet"....you will be soon enough cheesedick....SMH

21 minutes ago, Doos said:

Lots of Chinks coming in for GM & Ford

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Lots of Chinks coming in for GM & Ford

Haha nice, you know it’s 2020 and we can’t say that shit anymore.

Theres all kinds of automotive around here as I’m sure you know. Apart from the big 3, there are quite a few other manufactures with a decent work force. VW, Audi, etc etc have thousands alone. Then you have hundreds of tier 1, 2, and 3 suppliers. They’re all back and forth  to Asia and Europe frequently, stuck in airports and planes full of sick people.

Hell I was just in Toronto stuck in meetings for 3 days with guys that just got back from China and Italy. Easy to see how it spreads so quickly. 

Business or tourism hubs with worldwide travelers will be hot spots.   No way to avoid that even as early as travel was limited. 

Chinese love Hawaii.   Bit surprised it hasn't been hit harder. 

They also love Vegas.   Only time I was there was around the Chinese new year and the Bellagio was packed with them. 

Edited by Highmark