Check your account email address ×

Is a full quarantine coming?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Trump is talking about a domestic travel ban as a possibility. 

Yeah and we have company from out of town staying at our house... :flush:

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah and we have company from out of town staying at our house... :flush:

I always found having company to be like having a corpse in the house. After the second day it’s really time to make other arrangements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.  I'm going to work on Monday just like any other day.  People expect me to be there, no different than a million of other jobs.  I haven't heard any calls for the whole population to quarantine in place, but I wasn't expecting all the schools to be closing either.  We were out today and it was no different than any other day.

IDK Mark, a third NBA player has tested positive, and I only mention that because this virus just has no boundaries, anybody can be contagious and not even know they have the virus.

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes. This is going to be very painful. Im worried for many of my friends and family. 

Our main client (DND) has closed offices for 3 weeks for all non operational staff effective Monday. Our company has 250 employees that work on DND Projects on site and can’t work from home because they can’t access the secure network remotely. 
we are on the hook to pay them but can’t bill the client because they won’t be working. If it drags beyond 3 weeks it could devastate our company. 

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Our main client (DND) has closed offices for 3 weeks for all non operational staff effective Monday. Our company has 250 employees that work on DND Projects on site and can’t work from home because they can’t access the secure network remotely. 
we are on the hook to pay them but can’t bill the client because they won’t be working. If it drags beyond 3 weeks it could devastate our company. 

Not good 

37 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I always found having company to be like having a corpse in the house. After the second day it’s really time to make other arrangements. 

I agree

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Nope. Just one example. 

I’m expecting the field of behavioral health to get demolished. So many behavioral health clinics are partnered with health clinics and hospitals which reside under the same roof. Two pieces will come into play...behavioral health clients will stop coming in and hospital administrators will shut down counseling services for fear of bringing the virus or other illnesses in. 

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Oh man I hate hearing this. Hopefully we can get the infection rates stabilized very soon. 

All my Canadian neighbors are a little spooked. The protocol for getting back across the border is changing every few days. We can all see why, this shit is quite dynamic. 

Brian and his wife are leaving Monday morning. Eric is leaving next monday a week later. They leave their RV’s here in Havasu and drive their trucks and cargo trailer back and forth. 

The level of concern around here continues to increase. 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh man I hate hearing this. Hopefully we can get the infection rates stabilized very soon. 

All my Canadian neighbors are a little spooked. The protocol for getting back across the border is changing every few days. We can all see why, this shit is quite dynamic. 

Brian and his wife are leaving Monday morning. Eric is leaving next monday a week later. They leave their RV’s here in Havasu and drive their trucks and cargo trailer back and forth. 

The level of concern around here continues to increase. 

Yep things are changing so fast it’s hard to know what to do. 

Just now, frenchy said:

Yep things are changing so fast it’s hard to know what to do. 

Im not pulling up stakes till the end of April but who knows what will happen between now and then. 

Things are changing rapidly for sure. 

43 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

CV is novel, new, it doesn't yet have the global footprint like the flu.

Multiply the CV numbers by 13,000 to compare stats.

Neal

His numbers aren't global though

Not sure what you're trying to say

7 hours ago, frenchy said:

That would suck, Trudeau needs to up his ante.

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

His numbers aren't global though

Not sure what you're trying to say

I understand that.

Obviously, we need to compare the number of infected, which the seasonal flu numbers are about 13,000 times COVID-19 numbers.  COVID-19 is new, just arrived, it has not yet had time to reach the number of infected as seasonal flu has.  I was making a comparison between both, having the same number of infected and dead.  To go to the deeper point, I was showing how stupid it is to promote the idea of, "but the flu has more infected and more deaths!!!!!" 

Neal

8 hours ago, frenchy said:

What a surprise the fucking bottom feeder is actually not only a bottom feeding shitforbrains but a real life parasite feeding off tax payers :finger2: fucking hypocrite FUCK 

Dr. Anthony Fauci urges 'national shutdown' as coronavirus spreads

By Gabriella Muñoz - The Washington Times - Sunday, March 15, 2020

Dr. Antony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, urged Americans to shut down more aggressively as the coronavirus spreads.

On MSNBC’s “Meet the Press” Mr. Fauci endorsed a 14-day “national shutdown” to help slow down the virus. He explained that he has brought it up with the administration, which is generally open to his ideas.