Check your account email address ×

Is a full quarantine coming?

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Nay.

Neal

Agreed.  I'm going to work on Monday just like any other day.  People expect me to be there, no different than a million of other jobs.  I haven't heard any calls for the whole population to quarantine in place, but I wasn't expecting all the schools to be closing either.  We were out today and it was no different than any other day.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.  I'm going to work on Monday just like any other day.  People expect me to be there, no different than a million of other jobs.  I haven't heard any calls for the whole population to quarantine in place, but I wasn't expecting all the schools to be closing either.  We were out today and it was no different than any other day.

Yep...that was the attitude of the Italians and look where it got them. 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They can’t enforce shit

You'll get cuffed & stuffed ... & be blubbering like a baby during

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It's going to spread like wildfire in coming weeks if not. Hospitals will be over run. 

Rumors about full quarantine like China & Italy did - are out there.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...that was the attitude of the Italians and look where it got them. 

It's the only way to flatten the curve & try to get it under control.

Old folks home ...47 employees got it & 24 didn't. That's going to decimate work places anyway - with how contagious it is.

Out in Vegas this week for work, coming home tomorrow.  They don't want us back in the office for two weeks.  My wife's company is having them work from home until the end of April.

Heading up north Wednesday when I get back for what is likely the last ride of the year.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Out in Vegas this week for work, coming home tomorrow.  They don't want us back in the office for two weeks.  My wife's company is having them work from home until the end of April.

Heading up north Wednesday when I get back for what is likely the last ride of the year.

Wow. Social distancing is going to kill Vegas. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. Social distancing is going to kill Vegas. 

All the upcoming conventions are cancelled.  People getting layed off in that industry.  Hotels and restaurants will be slow too.

I'll be back out in May with my wife. Probably still be slow then too.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

All the upcoming conventions are cancelled.  People getting layed off in that industry.  Hotels and restaurants will be slow too.

I'll be back out in May with my wife. Probably still be slow then too.

We went to dinner last night and it was very busy. No cases here yet. When we get a few cases people will start staying home.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

We went to dinner last night and it was very busy. No cases here yet. When we get a few cases people will start staying home.

Where ? Sudbury? Going to take a bit to get outside Of the huge population areas. Especially in a country like Canada. 

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Shut er down for a couple months - & come back out strong? :dunno:

Until the virus mutates & wipes us all out next winter anyway...

All indications are it’ll be much longer than a few months. 

our economy relies on people spending disposable income. Can’t do that if they are at home with nowhere to spend it. 

employment concerns/uncertainty = no spending. 

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

All indications are it’ll be much longer than a few months. 

our economy relies on people spending disposable income. Can’t do that if they are at home with nowhere to spend it. 

employment concerns/uncertainty = no spending. 

With how long people are contagious - couple months minimum, & that's only if everything is locked down & put on pause. 

Companies will put projects on hold as well. That will further slow other industries down.