Check your account email address ×

Electric sleds unveiling

2 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

That's actually about 88 miles.

Taiga managed to fit a 27 kWh battery pack in its snowmobiles while keeping the weight under 600 lbs. Depending on the configuration, it results in a range of 96 km (60 miles) to 140 km (87 miles).

Unless you ride like grandma you’re not going much past 60 miles. Throw in a -10 degree day and you’re not going far.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Going to be a long lunch. While I wait for a recharge to get back to camp.

3 vbr's and 6 old fashioned's.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

3 vbr's and 6 old fashioned's.

With all the companies working on battery tech these days I’ll bet there will be some sort of breakthrough soon. I don’t think we’re that far away from range anxiety being a thing of the past.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

With all the companies working on battery tech these days I’ll bet there will be some sort of breakthrough soon. I don’t think we’re that far away from range anxiety being a thing of the past.

Have to solve the track noise issue for me to ever consider one.  My oxygen helmet can be incredibly quiet and might be enough.

Edited by Highmark

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've read the track noise gets annoying.

Riding a 900 ace is bad enough listening to track and ski noise. I could only imagine how annoying it would get on an electric.  

29 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Riding a 900 ace is bad enough listening to track and ski noise. I could only imagine how annoying it would get on an electric.  

Engine/Exhaust sound is a huge part of my love for all motorized vehicles.   Sure I can see the quietness of an electric drive system being really nice in certain applications.   Sledding just isn't one of them.   I have zero interest even in listening to music while riding.   Just love the sound of a sled.....even today's very quiet ones. 

Edited by Highmark

On the surface for or a startup their fit and finish LOOKS very good.   Damn nice looking sled in general as well.  

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Engine/Exhaust sound is a huge part of my love for all motorized vehicles.   Sure I can see the quietness of an electric drive system being really nice in certain applications.   Sledding just isn't one of them.   I have zero interest even in listening to music while riding.   Just love the sound of a sled.....even today's very quiet ones. 

With modern tech you could pipe some engine noise into the helmet.

Just now, BOHICA said:

With modern tech you could pipe some engine noise into the helmet.

I bought one for my son when he was in HS.  Connected to the stereo and was suppose to sound like a nicely tuned V8 and actually follow the RPM of the vehicle.   Completely sucked.   Hope they got better ones now. 

On 3/13/2020 at 8:22 AM, Highmark said:

Do you wear heating protection? If you don’t I strongly suggest that you do. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Do you wear heating protection? If you don’t I strongly suggest that you do. 

Yeah its called a helmet.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:53 AM, Doorider said:

When I bought the new sled (900 Ace) I thought how nice it"ll be to ride along nice and quiet. Silent track my ass. It is annoying and I'm gonna start listening to music thru my communicator

On 3/13/2020 at 8:22 AM, Highmark said:

Short of the golf carts, I see no other place where I want a quiet motor vehicle.  I spent $$$ giving my truck a nice exhaust and love the sound of my sleds (over my music).  Gasoline should be noisy when consumed.....but I’m all ate up with toxic masculinity.