Check your account email address ×

Lesson learned from the COVID-19 outbreak.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Identified cases in America is lower due to the lack of testing. 

It’s so simple yet in an effort to not point fingers at you know who it escapes people. 

The CDC has proven to be woefully inept at this.  The US healthcare system has way too much bravado about our perceived superiority and is flying largely blind.  We've tested less than 10,000 people.

South Korea is handling this extremely well.  Same for Taiwan and Singapore.  The Asian Tigers learned the lesson of SARS and were prepared.  Provided Taiwan doesn't ban flights from the US, I may end up hunkering down there with my in-laws before this is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s so simple yet in an effort to not point fingers at you know who it escapes people. 

If you're not symptomatic why get tested....

Americans are scared pussies. They can always be lead around with a little fear. Radical muslims hate you for your freedom, Obama is going to take all of your guns, The Russians want to nuke us, Communism is going to take over it must be stopped, Y2K, Iraq has WMD's, Reefer is going to make black men want to rape your women, Ebola is running unchecked, H1N1, Coronavirus is going to make you shit all day long need toilet paper!!!111 

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

The CDC has proven to be woefully inept at this.  The US healthcare system has way too much bravado about our perceived superiority and is flying largely blind.  We've tested less than 10,000 people.

South Korea is handling this extremely well.  Same for Taiwan and Singapore.  The Asian Tigers learned the lesson of SARS and were prepared.  Provided Taiwan doesn't ban flights from the US, I may end up hunkering down there with my in-laws before this is over.

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you're not symptomatic why get tested....

Figure it out.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Figure it out.

Hey Pout's, back in 2003, the Taiwanese were not prepared for SARs as they were one of the main sources of it and a dumb fuck like yourself might just be surprised to know just how much investments come from there.  No its not in the paint sniffing field, but whatever.  Lots of reactors and majors industries doing what they do best and I'm there to help.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Which also severely artificially the death rate and makes dummies freak out 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

3 Little Trumps...it’s because of dumbfucks like you that shit doesn’t get fixed and we are always unprepared....bravo.

lol.  and if at first sign of this this fall if we would have shut down the border at every access point you would 100% have been one of the loudest crying cunts on the forum guarenteed. 

When did Obama declare an Emergency over H1N1 which infected 59 million American's , hospitalized 265,000, and in which 12,000 died?? Trump began working on the Corona Virus 3 weeks into it on January 31st in Trump's 1st travel ban which Democrat's called Xenophobic.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Thanks 2

Just now, XCR1250 said:

When did Obama declare an Emergency over H1N1 which infected 59 million, hospitalized 265,000, and in which 12,000 died?? Trump began working on the Corona Virus 3 weeks into it on January 31st in Trump's 1st travel ban which Democrat's called Xenophobic.

4 months after.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

SARS was a fairly easy coronavirus to contain. Helluva mortality rate so it left a broad path. 

Edited by spin_dry

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hey Pout's, back in 2003, the Taiwanese were not prepared for SARs as they were one of the main sources of it and a dumb fuck like yourself might just be surprised to know just how much investments come from there.  No its not in the paint sniffing field, but whatever.  Lots of reactors and majors industries doing what they do best and I'm there to help.

Yes I'm well aware of your God like qualities as you won't stfu about them...not sure what that has to do with this countries  lack of preparedness but feel free to keep congratulating yourself. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes I'm well aware of your God like qualities as you won't stfu about them...not sure what that has to do with this countries  lack of preparedness but feel free to keep congratulating yourself. 

All those gifts and he spends his days posting here. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

SARS was a fairly easy coronavirus to contain. Helluva mortality rate so it left a broad path. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-taiwan-case-study-rapid-response-containment-2020-3%3famp

Taiwan is a study in exactly how to contain things like this. They've already sent kids back to school. We were arrogant and stupid. Trump trying to take credit for stopping China flights is a joke. People with green cards or US residents were let back in and sent on their way with no screening. Taiwan forced anyone from hot zones to home quarantine and used a phone app to track individuals. There was a sick person who left his house last week and the Taiwan CDC blasted social media with his photo and name. Needless to say he won't be doing that again. 

They didn't fuck around this time and as a result they've had only one death. 

Edited by Matt

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All those gifts and he spends his days posting here. 

Yeah I was going to ask him about that...seems like a such a waste. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-taiwan-case-study-rapid-response-containment-2020-3%3famp

Taiwan is a study in exactly how to contain things like this. They've already sent kids back to school. We were arrogant and stupid. Trump trying to take credit for stopping China flights is a joke. People with green cards or US residents were let back in and sent on their way with no screening. Taiwan forced anyone from hot zones to home quarantine and used a phone app to track individuals. There was a sick person who left his house last week and the Taiwan CDC blasted social media with his photo and name. Needless to say he won't be doing that again. 

They didn't fuck around this time and as a result they've had only one death. 

What I understand is SARS wasn’t contagious until a person was deep in the symptoms and very ill. This new contagion has a full viral load in the throat and nose within 2 hours of exposure. Then it can take a few more days to express symptoms. All the will the person is contagious. SARS was initially hard to pin down because they couldn’t get a good read on symptoms. Once immunologists got a good profile, containment was much easier and went quick. The nightmare scenario would be the lethality of SARS at 20% with a contagion profile of this new virus.  Hopefully we won’t see that in our lifetime. 

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm pretty sure I contribute 10x times more than you.

Step up your game.

No doubt, just did my taxes and combined with fuel tax the fuckers got me for 168k last year. I bet fat jimmy pays nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What I understand is SARS wasn’t contagious until a person was deep in the symptoms and very ill. This new contagion has a full viral load in the throat and nose within 2 hours of exposure. Then it can take a few more days to express symptoms. All the will the person is contagious. SARS was initially hard to pin down because they couldn’t get a good read on symptoms. Once immunologists got a good profile, containment was much easier and went quick. The nightmare scenario would be the lethality of SARS at 20% with a contagion profile of this new virus.  Hopefully we won’t see that in our lifetime. 

Good post

21 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Italy isn’t treating anybody over 60 and underlying health conditions get passed over for medical care and sent home....  they are going to find plenty of dead in homes in Italy.

they have free govt healthcare and the system has collapsed.  Be interesting how our system responds in comparison.

this will be the perfect proof of concept on which healthcare is better...  

Only if we get massive infection rates.

We should have acted sooner.

Neal

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Only if we get massive infection rates.

We should have acted sooner.

Neal

Italy actually has a good healthcare system and as this situation has shown ours is woefully unprepared. They were overwhelmed and that could happen here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Italy actually has a good healthcare system and as this situation has shown ours is woefully unprepared. They were overwhelmed and that could happen here. 

Of course it could.  Slowing that down is the whole idea behind the present social distancing.  

Neal

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Of course it could.  Slowing that down is the whole idea behind the present social distancing.  

Neal

I understand but it's amazing how many people think this is just a flu like we see every year. 

The lack of testing here alone is troubling and an indication of our complacency....maybe we'll get lucky and this will fizzle out but at the end of the day it's a teaching moment so we are prepared for the next one. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1