Check your account email address ×

Lesson learned from the COVID-19 outbreak.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Never been a "prepper" and kind of always laughed at some of the things they do for fantasy scenario's from pandemics to zombie apocalypses to GTNW to massive economic collapse.

Considering the mass panic over this one and who its impacting its becoming a bit more clear as to why some of them do what they do.   Its not the impact of the disease itself but the panic and reaction from the public.  

What happens when a really bad virus spreads globally that impacts all age groups and health status of victims?   If this thing settles down and doesn't kill as many as H1N1 will we get a "don't cry wolf" reaction from the media and public or will every scenario from here on out cause this or even more?   We get these things every couple years.....always on election years none the less.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

The two cases close to me were identified last night. The person who’s now hospitalized went into work while symptomatic. He works at the largest employer of manufactured goods in the area and one of the largest in the state. It’ll be interesting to see where this goes. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The two cases close to me were identified last night. The person who’s now hospitalized went into work while symptomatic. He works at the largest employer of manufactured goods in the area and one of the largest in the state. It’ll be interesting to see where this goes. 

OK chicken spin little.

• Haha 4

• Gold Member

Italy isn’t treating anybody over 60 and underlying health conditions get passed over for medical care and sent home....  they are going to find plenty of dead in homes in Italy.

they have free govt healthcare and the system has collapsed.  Be interesting how our system responds in comparison.

this will be the perfect proof of concept on which healthcare is better...  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

OK chicken spin little.

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

He so scared of everything it’s unreal 

13 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

3 Little Trumps...it’s because of dumbfucks like you that shit doesn’t get fixed and we are always unprepared....bravo.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

3 Little Trumps...it’s because of dumbfucks like you that shit doesn’t get fixed and we are always unprepared....bravo.

:lol:   

Its always the other guy that's the problem.  Didn't you say you voted for Trump?  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm pretty sure I contribute 10x times more than you.

Step up your game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What are you talking about? The US has the lowest number of cases becuase of the Travel Ban on China. By contrast look at Europe, Many Many more cases. What facts do you have that support the argument that Trump's response leaves the US unprepared?  Don't you think a big reason we could be in trouble is we rely to much on china? They manufacture all or medical supplies from medicine to Surgical masks.  

Edited by jtssrx
  • Thanks 1

At this point, to justify the Govt Actions, Market reaction, public reaction....we need the deaths.  Sounds weird but without this materializing into something at least somewhat catastrophic the reaction next time something similar takes place it will be on ignore. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The company the infected guy was at is mercury marine. I haven’t found out what plant he was at, but they’re doing massive screening. 

36 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

What are you talking about? The US has the lowest number of cases becuase of the Travel Ban on China. By contrast look at Europe, Many Many more cases. What facts do you have that support the argument that Trump's response leaves the US unprepared?  Don't you think a big reason we could be in trouble is we rely to much on china? They manufacture all or medical supplies from medicine to Surgical masks.  

Identified cases in America is lower due to the lack of testing. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I believe you are correct. Not to mention you test someone. Tell them they are clear, and then they come in contact with some one a couple days later. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Absolutely and also will lower the mortality rate. 

Seems to me one of the biggest lessons is the importance of strong borders.   Not that some of us haven't been preaching that for a long time.  :pc:

Maybe not this one (yet) but its easy to see how a serious infectious disease could come in by the thousands thru our southern border. 

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Seems to me one of the biggest lessons is the importance of strong borders.   Not that some of us haven't been preaching that for a long time.  :pc:

Maybe not this one (yet) but its easy to see how a serious infectious disease could come in by the thousands thru our southern border. 

Yep, we should be helping Mexico as much as we can for that very reason.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep, we should be helping Mexico as much as we can for that very reason.

If you had the virus would you rather be in a Mexican HC facility or one in the US?   Answer is pretty clear. 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm pretty sure I contribute 10x times more than you.

Step up your game.

Yes your self congratulations on a variety of subjects fills this forum yet you still say a lot  stupid shit...weird.