Check your account email address ×

Doctors blast media, say Coronavirus is absolutely nothing to worry about

Rod

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Don. The risks of doing this are huge. Especially at your age. Are you prepared to lose half of everything you have saved?  Is there a reason you want to add this much risk to your life. 

You arent a millionaire. Your buddy is. He knows what he is doing and was young enough to accept the risks. You are not. 

You would be well advised to talk to a certified financial planner. They can explain all the reasons why this is a stupid idea for you. 

He (Dave) actually pays to have his money invested, $8000 4 times a year.I started investing  in 1962 he started in 1961.

I'm not sure what I am going to do yet, just invested $20,000 more, could do a little over $400,000 but don't think I will do anything close to that.

22 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

He's been doing that since the early 1960's and had made millions.

You and your wife live a comfortable life. You also strike me as a conservative and reasonable man with your finances. Why risk such a loss at this point? 

• Like 2

Just now, spin_dry said:

You and your wife live a comfortable life. You also strike me as a conservative and reasonable man with your finances. Why risk such a loss at this point? 

I only invest what I can afford to lose, I learned that over 50 years ago, and I have lost, but earned more than I lost, besides it's kinda fun.

• Like 1

Zero Corona deaths in the USA.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018 influenza season. Among those cases, 810,000 people had to be hospitalized. During that season, 61,000 people died from the flu.1 day ago
Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anler said:

I dont see why it would be any different than the flu strains blowing thru here like crazy now. You dont even know youve been exposed until its too late. 

X2

5 hours ago, Anler said:

No the flu will kick your ass and if you have corona you are going to get quarantined. Which means you aint going to work or school. SARS and MERS are both coronavirus, if you get it you are going to be fucked up. I suggest you get it and tell us what its like. 

Quarantine death camp...

Key is imo,  if this is an engineered virus? Still tbd I guess...?

Word got out from China imo that it's bad. Major players started dumping as a result. 

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Nope , and in 3 months stocks will be back where they were 2 weeks ago and the only time you will hear the word corona is outside a bodega.

Nobody really knows that.  But it will be years down the road.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:
 Zero Corona deaths in the USA.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018 influenza season. Among those cases, 810,000 people had to be hospitalized. During that season, 61,000 people died from the flu.1 day ago

Maybe they should post the number of flu increases every day?:lol:

Holy fuckin betas.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Maybe they should post the number of flu increases every day?:lol:

Holy fuckin betas.

The amount of flu cases per year is a completely wild guess

can really only go by hospitalized cases 

7 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

We have done a lot of prep here at work for COVID-19

What's your thoughts, Snopro? Do you agree with Dr Drew's viewpoint that he talked about in the vid? 

5 minutes ago, irv said:

What's your thoughts, Snopro? Do you agree with Dr Drew's viewpoint that he talked about in the vid? 

99% agree with him. 

My "We have done a lot of prep here at work for COVID-19" comment is exactly 100% sarcasm. 

All we have done at work as of today is put a few posters up asking generic questions like "have you traveled to an area known to have the virus".  That is it. 

Every year we do the same prep for this type of illness and its second nature.  N95 mask fitting, education on isolation for airborne and droplet precautions etc....

Do I believe the media is blowing it WAY out of proportion?  YES

I have seen many different types of virus's, respiratory illness, bacterial illness's and their effects on the body.  I've seen what true influenza can do.  

The chance of influenza itself killing you is extremely very low if you are healthy. 

BUT if you have pre-existing conditions and you get influenza (and lots of people think the stomach bug is influenza) the morbidity rate just go up up and up. 

I'm not 100% sold on the "flu shot"  either.  I personally haven't got it in 4-5 years.  I also don't push it on people at work or out of work. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

99% agree with him. 

My "We have done a lot of prep here at work for COVID-19" comment is exactly 100% sarcasm. 

All we have done at work as of today is put a few posters up asking generic questions like "have you traveled to an area known to have the virus".  That is it. 

Every year we do the same prep for this type of illness and its second nature.  N95 mask fitting, education on isolation for airborne and droplet precautions etc....

I have seen many different types of virus's, respiratory illness, bacterial illness's and their effects on the body.  I've seen what true influenza can do.  

The chance of influenza itself killing you is extremely very low if you are healthy. 

BUT if you have pre-existing conditions and you get influenza (and lots of people think the stomach bug is influenza) the morbidity rate just go up up and up. 

I'm not 100% sold on the "flu shot"  either.  I personally haven't got it in 4-5 years.  I also don't push it on people at work or out of work. 

Good insight. Be sure to keep us posted if this thing looks like its gonna get worse. :bc: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Good insight. Be sure to keep us posted if this thing looks like its gonna get worse. :bc: 

I have an exponentially higher chance of getting HIV at work then ever getting COVID-19. 

Its just one of those things where the media can jump on something and scare the hell out of people.  Look around this forum for proof of the people they live for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

99% agree with him. 

From what I’ve researched this is 100% true 

in the medical world the “Coronavirus” is a minor medical condition 

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I have an exponentially higher chance of getting HIV at work then ever getting COVID-19. 

Its just one of those things where the media can jump on something and

scare the hell out of people.  Look around this forum for proof of the people they live for.

Is HIV disrupting international supply chains and business function??

Nobody gives a fuck if your fat nook ass gets the hiv. When workers in China can’t work and it fucks our slave labor???

Thats when shit hits the fan

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nobody gives a fuck if your fat nook ass gets the hiv. When workers in China can’t work and it fucks our slave labor???

You’re arguing two completely different points you lanky moron 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Those are Bernies people that are living and working like rats. 

You don't understand how much of a sham this is. 

Want to watch a global economy hit rock bottom?  Have China ban slave labor. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

You’re arguing two completely different points you lanky moron 

Nope

Just now, snopro31 said:

Those are Bernies people that are living and working like rats. 

You don't understand how much of a sham this is. 

Want to watch a global economy hit rock bottom?  Have China ban slave labor. 

You’re dumb as fuck