Check your account email address ×

Dow Futures Crash 520 Points as China Makes Shocking Coronavirus Confession

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I survived type B and type A in rapid succession this year. I’m pretty much bullet proof. 

The flu has been rolling thru here like a tsunami. Nobody is untouched by it. 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve only heard the legendary stories.  He belongs here!!!!!!!

Terry is a good dude but he lets the banter here get to him more than it should. Probably best he stepped away. He has threatened to beat up more people than amg. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

The flu has been rolling thru here like a tsunami. Nobody is untouched by it. 

Rode Saturday with the beginnings of it. Was history on Sunday and Monday. Stayed home.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Rode Saturday with the beginnings of it. Was history on Sunday and Monday. Stayed home.

3 people in my house have it now. Pretty much everyone I talk to is dealing with it. I had a sinus infection of sorts 2 weeks ago I dont think it was the flu. 

December 2018 I am driving to woodticks to pick up my brand new switchback assault and I have the aids bad. Had to stop and take a 3 hour nap on the drive up. Wake up in the morning and go do the trade and bring it back and im like "well I guess I should ride it" Yeah its -15f. We rode. Good times. :lol:

25 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What is actually going on with the Corona - must be the real deal?

There is very good reason to under report the seriousness of it. Hopefully they can get it under control 

• Advertising Member

25k or less here we come.....and that may not be the floor.

We are going to be extremely lucky if this doesn't cause a full fledged global recession.

Plus people are pulling out of the high risk segment and putting there money in fixed positions.

12 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

We are going to be extremely lucky if this doesn't cause a full fledged global recession.

Plus people are pulling out of the high risk segment and putting there money in fixed positions.

Everyone knew this market was a disgusting greed and fraud filled bubble based on zero fundamentals. 

I wonder why the FED isn’t saving the day now???

22 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

For several years, the smart money has been diversifying into private real estate to hold 30 to 40% of their overall portfolios.  Just look at any large pension portfolio and how the returns compare.

Millennials are putting money into fixed income and Treasuries.  They will be working until they are 70, cause they will have to.

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Everyone knew this market was a disgusting greed and fraud filled bubble based on zero fundamentals. 

The Fed is almost out of rate to cut.

The ONLY way out of this IMO is a controled global inflation the likes of 4-5% that makes everyone solvent....... this of course only if we slide into a global recession.

Edited by Seatofmypants

• Advertising Member
8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

For several years, the smart money has been diversifying into private real estate to hold 30 to 40% of their overall portfolios.  Just look at any large pension portfolio and how the returns compare.

Millennials are putting money into fixed income and Treasuries.  They will be working until they are 70, cause they will have to.

Most Millennials don't have a 401....or one with much balance.  I'm only in a fixed fund for the time.  REIT funds were doing very well as was the tech funds.... I was 50% weighted into CGTUX.  Man that fund made me some money.....

Edited by Seatofmypants

5 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

The Fed is almost out of rate to cut.

The ONLY way out of this IMO is a control global inflation the likes of 4-5% that makes everyone solvent....... this of course only if we slide into a global recession.

Why not just expand the balance sheet another 5 trillion

• Advertising Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why not just expand the balance sheet another 5 trillion

LOL will that is one way to cause inflation....and that is exactly what they will do.  The scary thing is the economy has been slowing around our area (PA-MD-DC) markets for about a year and a half.  We are usually insulated from harsh downturns, but some of the only new money being spend is public sector work.  Commercial projects are doing well, but private work never recovered from pre-08 levels. 

QE is like heroin to the guberment. 

Edited by Seatofmypants

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Stop spreading wrong information.  Christ between you and Greg its like you guys want to slit each others wrists in a suicide pact  :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Most Millennials don't have a 401....or one with much balance.  I'm only in a fixed fund for the time.  REIT funds were doing very well as was the tech funds.... I was 50% weighted into CGTUX.  Man that fund made me some money.....

Oh I know and wish you well.  It takes two to time and the challenge is getting back in.

You are looking at public reits then.  This is my only public REIT, RIT.TO about 100K invested now and I will add another  20K after the dip.

It dropped about 50% in 2008 due to keyboard losers who most likely got fleeced, but has done very well and will continue to.  Purpose built rentals are the way forward.

image.thumb.png.2a5a99324f56de0c94c938e2c97ab76f.png

Private is another story altogether and has zero correlation to the market and does not drag you down like fixed income shit.

This is my next big purchase.  I don't know of any better place to invest right now.

https://skylinewealth.ca/alternative-investments/skyline-apartment-reit/ 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Stop spreading wrong information.  Christ between you and Greg its like you guys want to slit each others wrists in a suicide pact  :lol: 

You’ll see .... without QE we were headed for the floor. All the fed did was have the market climb on rung further up the ladder before the dive