Check your account email address ×

Dow Futures Crash 520 Points as China Makes Shocking Coronavirus Confession

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Historically the American economy is last to fall in recession and first to come out. The EU is teetering right now. I clearly recall the wall street cheerleaders just before the “08 recession. Basically a bus load of Baghdad bobs. 

Good point but you’ve been saying the same bullshit for five years now and been wrong every time

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Good point but you’ve been saying the same bullshit for five years now and been wrong every time

I’ve been saying it since Obama bailed out the banks and not one fucking crook went to jail. Nothing got fixed. Zero consequences. In fact people were rewarded for their greed. Only more debt was thrown at the problem. Jesus fucking Christ. This isn’t rocket science. Look beyond all those god damn stock formulas. This path isn’t sustainable. 

Guys Europe was down 4% before the Dow even opened.

There will be a recession at some point and it will be missed again by all the so called experts, stay long and look at other options to diversify.  That is why I'm loading up on private equity.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve been saying it since Obama bailed out the banks and not one fucking crook went to jail. Nothing got fixed. Zero consequences. In fact people were rewarded for their greed. Only more debt was thrown at the problem. Jesus fucking Christ. This isn’t rocket science. Look beyond all those god damn stock formulas. This path isn’t sustainable. 

Kind of frightening that certain people here just brush it all aside. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Guys Europe was down 4% before the Dow even opened.

There will be a recession at some point and it will be missed again by all the so called experts, stay long and look at other options to diversify.  That is why I'm loading up on private equity.

:bc:

I’m watching all things aviation. Everything is going to be brutalized in that sector. The bottom will be cheap. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good luck with that.

I've never cared for aviation and I don't gamble.

I’ve always done well with certain sectors. Boeing was very good to me over the 25 years that I carried its stock and it was never a gamble. They got fat and lazy and lost their way though. That’s really quite sad, but it does happen. There’s no doubt volatility in certain areas of aviation. This pandemic scare does have the potential to create some consolidation in actual transportation stocks which opens the door for some explosive growth once the scare passes. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

So many skies falling in so many places. :lol: 

Cracks me up, to sum up today threads. We are all going to die from a virus,  the hospitals are all going to close their doors so we cant get treated, we will all be broke due to the market collapse (been hearing this for 4 years now), Russia Russia Russia, and then a quick rim job for Elon..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Cracks me up, to sum up today threads. We are all going to die from a virus,  the hospitals are all going to close their doors so we cant get treated, we will all be broke due to the market collapse (been hearing this for 4 years now), Russia Russia Russia, and then a quick rim job for Elon..

We’ll see who laughs last after you’re slammed into by a sienna pulling an airstream 

18 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hahaha. Spinvag sure has some strange bedfellows. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Only 4 years?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

We’ll see who laughs last after you’re slammed into by a sienna pulling an airstream 

Haha, im not in your area!!!!:taunt:

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

You are literally parroting the same things said in spring of 2019 :lol:

you don't even understand what he is saying.

Let me ask you a simple question - if/when a crash or recession happens, what traditional tools will this administration and the fed be able to implement to weather the storm and pull the economy out of recession as quickly as possible? 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ll find you  

It wont make that 1000mi trip you goon!!!  Plus a NYS troopers sees that rolling down the thruway its nothing but $$$$$ for them..hahaha

Just now, Rigid1 said:

It wont make that 1000mi trip you goon!!!  Plus a NYS troopers sees that rolling down the thruway its nothing but $$$$$ for them..hahaha

I pulled it home from Utah. Zipped along just fine. It’s a Mormon airstream.

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Let me ask you a simple question - if/when a crash or recession happens, what traditional tools will this administration and the fed be able to implement to weather the storm and pull the economy out of recession as quickly as possible? 

The feds just had a meeting last week to explore unconventional “tools”. Fact is, they’re out of bullets. 

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

:snack: this should be good