Check your account email address ×

Square body lyfe!

Rod

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

First truck I bought was exactly that but 4x4 

That was my first ever brand new truck. I bought it at age 22 after working and saving like a bastid at the Nuke Plant. It came with a 305, which, unfortunately, cracked in 3 places and was replaced with an absolutely dog of an engine in another 305. 

My bud's father purchased the 4x4 model (same color option) and my friend still has it as his father passed away many years ago now. 

16 minutes ago, irv said:

That was my first ever brand new truck. I bought it at age 22 after working and saving like a bastid at the Nuke Plant. It came with a 305, which, unfortunately, cracked in 3 places and was replaced with an absolutely dog of an engine in another 305. 

My bud's father purchased the 4x4 model (same color option) and my friend still has it as his father passed away many years ago now. 

Mine was a 305 too. Was pretty gutless but I loved that truck. 

20 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Hell ya!! Great vehicle for your son to work on. Easy to fix, parts are plentiful and values are going up like crazy in the states.  I have an 87 Jimmy. My son has an 86 K10, shortbed with a 4 speed. 

Man those would be two sweet units!

i havent paid attention to square body stuff much the last 10 years but man all that’s left out there is low level junk for a big price 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Man those would be two sweet units!

i havent paid attention to square body stuff much the last 10 years but man all that’s left out there is low level junk for a big price 

Yup. OEM parts are crazy expensive and even the used junk is getting ridiculous. There are a lot of aftermarket places selling replacement parts, but you have to watch the quality. Fenders, doors and patch panels don't always fit correctly and can sometimes be thinner gauge metal. The good thing about squares is there is a huge following and a lot of forums out there as well as a ton of info. Your floors and rockers look pretty solid for as old as it is. Certainly a good starting point for sure. Good luck with it and keep us updated with the progress. I for one am really interested in how it turns out. :bc:

1 hour ago, Skidude600 said:

Yup. OEM parts are crazy expensive and even the used junk is getting ridiculous. There are a lot of aftermarket places selling replacement parts, but you have to watch the quality. Fenders, doors and patch panels don't always fit correctly and can sometimes be thinner gauge metal. The good thing about squares is there is a huge following and a lot of forums out there as well as a ton of info. Your floors and rockers look pretty solid for as old as it is. Certainly a good starting point for sure. Good luck with it and keep us updated with the progress. I for one am really interested in how it turns out. :bc:

The rockers and cab corners were 100% when I parked it. They’re still pretty decent. front and rear fenders are toast but those are easy to change 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ACE said:

Got sound deadener and carpet off eBuy. Turned out decent 

E92C1680-1055-4F94-A9A3-B040F9EFF8B1.jpeg

Awesome man! You got some 5" kickers in the door??

Edited by Rigid1