Check your account email address ×

Another Pit Bull Attack

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, I'd have to watch it again but they talked about what you mentioned and how physically fit they are compared to most other animals. Dogs and yotes can't even come close to outlasting one in a long distant run. They can run at an easy lope of 5 mph for long long time. 

That’s where the cougar is a lot faster and more powerful but for a shorter time 

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, I'd have to watch it again but they talked about what you mentioned and how physically fit they are compared to most other animals. Dogs and yotes can't even come close to outlasting one in a long distant run. They can run at an easy lope of 5 mph for long long time. 

That's one of the unique features of dogs is they don't get tired. And wolves can basically chase it's prey to exhaustion. They aren't as fast in short distances but they will outlast any prey in a chase. 

Just now, ACE said:

That’s where the cougar is a lot faster and more powerful but for a shorter time 

It said the wolves could hit 36-38 mph for quick short bursts. I don't know the top speed of a cougar but I am betting it is a lot faster than that? 

Cougars/mountain lions aren't something most animals, other than a bear/grizzly, would want to tangle with I'm guessing? 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

It said the wolves could hit 36-38 mph for quick short bursts. I don't know the top speed of a cougar but I am betting it is a lot faster than that? 

Cougars/mountain lions aren't something most animals, other than a bear/grizzly, would want to tangle with I'm guessing? 

I believe cougars can hit up to 50 mph. A match with a grizzly would be interesting. They’re one powerful animal 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

The wolf’s strength is in their numbers and ability to communicate with one another. It’s pretty common for a wolf pack to strip a cougar of its prey. A pack won’t kill a cougar, but they’ll wear it out and the cougar leaves the kill. There’s really no match for a wolf pack. If they want something, they’ll take it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Wolves are efficient when in a pack.  By themselves they can’t survive.  Would be interesting to see what a pack of pits vs 1 wolf and the outcome.

There was a lone black wolf in the doc the other night that was on its way out as they said he would perish without being in a pack. They wolves beat the shit out of him for stealing some of there kill when they were chasing another predator away but by the end doc, they welcomed the lone wolf in as they said strength in numbers was always a plus for wolves.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The wolf’s strength is in their numbers and ability to communicate with one another. It’s pretty common for a wolf pack to strip a cougar of its prey. A pack won’t kill a cougar, but they’ll wear it out and the cougar leaves the kill. There’s really no match for a wolf pack. If they want something, they’ll take it. 

I used to be a one man wolf pack 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

This is just insane. 

BA7C163C-1834-4A63-9FAE-0C177A5C404B.jpeg

This  is from my town. “World’s largest pit bull”. The guys got a bunch of those big fuckers. 

35 minutes ago, Shifty said:

This  is from my town. “World’s largest pit bull”. The guys got a bunch of those big fuckers. 

If one of those things went berserko there would be no stopping it. A friend of mine recently broke up with a girl he was seeing that had one of those things. He’s got a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. He couldn’t trust her dog around his son. Sad situation but I couldn’t really blame him. 

I don't get the idea of owning some of these breeds.  Who the fuck wants a walking, barking liability like a ferocious dog that you can't trust around kids or other smaller dogs?  Fuck that.  My sister and law has a couple Rhodesian Ridgebacks.  Ones a wimp, but the other one is a little sketchy to me.  Killed a deer that made the mistake of going in their yard once while he was out.  I'm glad we made friends, I'd hate to be on its bad side.  Very protective and territorial animals.

My SIL had 2 dobes a few years ago and I could never get use to them. They always seemed to be on edge, looking for something to get angry about.

My wife's sister brought over her 4 yr old child one day and when the child tried to pat it in on the head, it growled than snapped at her. Knew right then that my instincts about these dogs were right. My SIL got them from another couple so they weren't raised from pups by her. Not long after, one growled at her so she got rid of them both.

Not saying all dobes are like that but between them and pit bulls, they are my least favorite dogs.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

My SIL had 2 dobes a few years ago and I could never get use to them. They always seemed to be on edge, looking for something to get angry about.

My wife's sister brought over her 4 yr old child one day and when the child tried to pat it in on the head, it growled than snapped at her. Knew right then that my instincts about these dogs were right. My SIL got them from another couple so they weren't raised from pups by her. Not long after, one growled at her so she got rid of them both.

Not saying all dobes are like that but between them and pit bulls, they are my least favorite dogs.

Dobies are nothing like pit bulls. I get the intimidation thing but it’s just the appearance. They are big softies. 

53C8A75C-3875-4841-8B64-4F7ADE048D0E.thumb.jpeg.c44ae572e4ffa699af9c589929d93289.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1