Check your account email address ×

Another Pit Bull Attack

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Cause he was right.

Walter was awesome. I miss the old boy. There’s a new guy in the house. Oliver. He’s an English chocolate lab. Then of course Raina. Raina became mine after Mary died. She’s settled in well, but it was a hard process of grieving for her. I can tell you that dogs do grieve the loss of their owners. 

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Any of you guys with dobies have issues with their skin getting dry and flakey in winter (dry air weather)? Any suggestions? 

I use biotin per recommendation of this study. It made an improvement with Raina. The supplement I source is Now Foods biotin capsules on amazon. I crack them open and mix the powder in with her food. It’s tasteless. The downside is her toenails grow faster. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2602924/

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I use biotin per recommendation of this study. It made an improvement with Raina. The supplement I source is Now Foods biotin capsules on amazon. I crack them open and mix the powder in with her food. It’s tasteless. The downside is her toenails grow faster. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2602924/

Interesting. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

If one of those things went berserko there would be no stopping it. A friend of mine recently broke up with a girl he was seeing that had one of those things. He’s got a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. He couldn’t trust her dog around his son. Sad situation but I couldn’t really blame him. 

Two yrs ago two of his dogs ganged up on another one of his and killed it. Can you imagine what that fight looked like. 

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Wrong 

You've obviously never heard of a Šarplaninac.

There’s several breeds originating from the eastern breakaway republics that can take down and kill an average size wolf. Doubtful they could take down a large Canadian wolf that can approach 200 pounds, but they could give it a good fight. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s several breeds originating from the eastern breakaway republics that can take down and kill an average size wolf. Doubtful they could take down a large Canadian wolf that can approach 200 pounds, but they could give it a good fight. 

The Šarplaninac has been known to take on bears.  A 200# wolf wouldn't be an issue 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The Šarplaninac has been known to take on bears.  A 200# wolf wouldn't be an issue 

There’s coon hounds that’ll take on a bear. And they go 70 pounds. It’s one thing to antagonize a bear and something different to kill it. There’s no any dog could kill a large bear. Lol

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s coon hounds that’ll take on a bear. And they go 70 pounds. It’s one thing to antagonize a bear and something different to kill it. There’s no any dog could kill a large bear. Lol

Go ahead and quote where I said a dog was going to kill a bear 

:snack:

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You alluded to the fact that it could take on a bear. If you meant antagonize the bear while causing zero injury, I’d agree.  

Go ahead and quote where I said a dog was going to kill a bear 

:snack:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Any of you guys with dobies have issues with their skin getting dry and flakey in winter (dry air weather)? Any suggestions? 

Cap full of cod liver oil in their food each night.

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They took on a pack of wolves.  Pack and Wolves means more than 1 

Didn’t ‘take on’ a pack of wolves the wolves entered a yard and 2 dogs grabbed an adolescent wolf while the owner scared away the pack.