Check your account email address ×

Another Pit Bull Attack

Just now, spin_dry said:

There used to be a video on YouTube of grey wolf and pit bull fight. The pit was one of those enormous fuckers. The owner through it would be funny to let the pit out after a wolf that was in a field behind his house. The pit ran and grabbed the wolf by the throat. The wolf shook him off and proceeded to crush the pits snout and head. Lol. Never mess with a wolf. Lol. 

A gray wolf is an incredible killer. No domestic dog stands a chance against one. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

A gray wolf is an incredible killer. No domestic dog stands a chance against one. 

No doubt. An apex predator. Every inch of a wolf is part of a killing machine. Their cardio alone is 10 steps ahead of a domesticated dog. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's not just bad owners, bad breeding.

Dobermans went through the same scourge when their popularity increased. Instead of becoming vicious, they developed horrible health issues. What helped save them was the pristine dobes from the soviet breakaways. That closed society kept good Doberman genes intact. Pits were also America’s most popular dogs following WWI. They were everywhere and never was there an attack. 

Local paper had a story about couple adopting pit.  Brought it home . Jumped up on couch , they both sat down next to him.  Dog turned on them in a flash. Started ripping the wife to shreds. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would not own one but i like the Cane Corsos

cane-corso-price.jpg

A guy at work just got one of those. That's not a good breed for the novice dog owner, they have to be socialized very carefully as they are naturally very protective. But with the right owner they can be really great dogs. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

A guy at work just got one of those. That's not a good breed for the novice dog owner, they have to be socialized very carefully as they are naturally very protective. But with the right owner they can be really great dogs. 

Ours is 50/50 English mastiff and cane corso.  He’s actually on the timid side but he’s only 6-7 months old.  Last one was a Mastiff\boxer cross. He was hyper and too aggressive and started attacking people 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ours is 50/50 English mastiff and cane corso.  He’s actually on the timid side but he’s only 6-7 months old.  Last one was a Mastiff\boxer cross. He was hyper and too aggressive and started attacking people 

I knew a couple people who had them, great, loving family dogs. But one of them had to lock the dog up when company came over. The other was a big dope. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I knew a couple people who had them, great, loving family dogs. But one of them had to lock the dog up when company came over. The other was a big dope. 

Yeah the first one would try to eat the lawn mower tires when the kids were cutting grass. He would protect them to the death from any perceived threat.  We had to get rid of him because you couldn’t trust him around others 

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There used to be a video on YouTube of a grey wolf and pit bull fight. The pit was one of those enormous fuckers. The owner through it would be funny to let the pit out after a wolf that was in a field behind his house. The pit ran and grabbed the wolf by the throat. The wolf shook him off and proceeded to crush the pits snout and head. Lol. Never mess with a wolf. Lol. 

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No doubt. An apex predator. Every inch of a wolf is part of a killing machine. Their cardio alone is 10 steps ahead of a domesticated dog. 

Just watched a doc on Yellowstone park the other night and it was the reintroduction of the wolf back into the eco system as they learned the hard way, removing a link in the chain has other drastic affects/consequences. 

They talked about how far a wolf can run and its endurance. I honestly had no idea they were marathon type runners and can move at a decent pace as well. It was a great doc, btw.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Just watched a doc on Yellowstone park the other night and it was the reintroduction of the wolf back into the eco system as they learned the hard way, removing a link in the chain has other drastic affects/consequences. 

They talked about how far a wolf can run and its endurance. I honestly had no idea they were marathon type runners and can move at a decent pace as well. It was a great doc, btw.

It’s Official: Wolves Are Headed To Colorado’s 2020 Ballot

For more than 25 years, Rob Edward, president of the Rocky Mountain Wolf Action Fund, has dreamed of returning wolves to Colorado.

His vision is now much closer to reality.

On Monday, the Colorado Secretary of State’s office announced Edward’s campaign had gathered an estimated 139,333 valid signatures — above the 124,632 signatures needed to earn a place the 2020 ballot. If it passes, the measure would require state wildlife managers to reintroduce wolves to Western Colorado by the end of 2023.

“We are extremely excited to move into the general campaign and have a full-throated conversation with Coloradans about what it means to have wolves on the landscape again,” Edward said.

The measure — tentatively known as Initiative 107 — promises a new kind of battle over the controversial predators. In other states, wildlife officials have decided how to manage the animals. The Colorado ballot measure is the first time voters in any state will choose whether to bring back an endangered species.

• Like 1

It doesn't look like wolves are very fond of Pit bulls either. This pit is chained but the pack attacks and kills it leaving the other dog entirely alone.

1 minute ago, irv said:

I don’t recall what it is, but there’s something unique about the wolf’s lung/heart structure and it’s ability to utilize oxygen very efficiently. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t recall what it is, but there’s something unique about the wolf’s lung/heart structure and it’s ability to utilize oxygen very efficiently. 

Yeah, I'd have to watch it again but they talked about what you mentioned and how physically fit they are compared to most other animals. Dogs and yotes can't even come close to outlasting one in a long distant run. They can run at an easy lope of 5 mph for long long time.