Check your account email address ×

Popular Vote....

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

So why are we signing petitions all of a sudden to overturn the electoral college?

Why are we demanding someone "fix this"?

Why are they looking to have electors change their vote?

Why are people getting beat up for 'hypothetically' voting for Trump?

Your mosh pit/eyebrow piercing/pity party whining friends are losing their collective shit?

Take a hint from the side that knows how to lose graciously and shut that clam hole up.

i'm not advocating for any of that. next...

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i'm not advocating for any of that. next...

Read my post bruh. You said 'only when Trump loses', and I shoved it down your throat.

Face facts. It is 'you' out there temper tantruming, crying for a safe space, looking for mommy to make things right.

It's fun to watch you and Snot with your high minded, know better attitudes, slumming in what will be the cesspool of American history following a fair and democratic election.

Excuse me if I bask in the irony and AWESOMNESS of it. :bc:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Read my post bruh. You said 'only when Trump loses', and I shoved it down your throat.

Face facts. It is 'you' out there temper tantruming, crying for a safe space, looking for mommy to make things right.

It's fun to watch you and Snot with your high minded, know better attitudes, slumming in what will be the cesspool of American history following a fair and democratic election.

Excuse me if I bask in the irony and AWESOMNESS of it. :bc:

seems to me that it's important for you that this election result upsets me. i'm sorry that i can't comply. i'm what they call an apathetic voter of the unpatriotic type. my passion lays in other areas of my life. but i do appreciate the attention you give me. :) 

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

So why are we signing petitions all of a sudden to overturn the electoral college?

Why are we demanding someone "fix this"?

Why are they looking to have electors change their vote?

Why are people getting beat up for 'hypothetically' voting for Trump?

Your mosh pit/eyebrow piercing/pity party whining friends are losing their collective shit?

Take a hint from the side that knows how to lose graciously and shut that clam hole up.

Yep.

seems to me that it's important for you that this election result upsets me. i'm sorry that i can't comply. i'm what they call an apathetic voter of the unpatriotic type. my passion lays in other areas of my life. but i do appreciate the attention you give me. :) 

No you are just a fake pretentious twat who is all too concerned with his "image" and ego. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580
  • Like 1

i can't and won't deny any of that. :lol:

You are the elitist Dem party of Wisconsin. So it is not too hard to figure out why they have lost in every conceivable manner in our state in the past few years. I love it. 

Again, try harder. 

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Isn't the cool thing to do now is put a # in front of things?  Let's try #world'sgreatestdemocracy    It's funny because the one with the most votes lost. 

I think we should do it Rev.  Let's have the FS 1st annual "Straw Grasping Competition".  

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Isn't the cool thing to do now is put a # in front of things?  Let's try #world'sgreatestdemocracy    It's funny because the one with the most votes lost. 

I love uninformed foreigners trying to be edgy...

A democratic republic is both a republic and a democracy.
A republic is:

• a sovereign state
  • whose ultimate power rests in its citizens entitled to vote
  • who elect (directly or indirectly) representatives to wield that power

A democracy is:

• a form of government, whose power rests equally in its citizens,
  • who (directly or indirectly) elect representatives to wield that power.

Absent qualification, not all citizens in a 'republic' are necessarily entitled to vote, and absent qualification, a 'democracy' is not necessarily sovereign. As both, a "democratic republic" is ideally

• a sovereign state,
  • whose ultimate power rests in its citizens, equally entitled to vote,
  • who (directly or indirectly) elect representatives to wield that power.

In practice, governments only approximate those ideals. Not all persons in all states are citizens and not all citizens are entitled to vote. Suffrage is commonly restricted to citizens of voting age; and may be restricted by several other criteria.

Ideally, elections insure that governmental authority is wielded according to the will of the citizens. However, wielding power indirectly, through representatives, assures some disparity between the will of the people and the actions of government. In the best cases, citizens elect only their wisest peers as representatives -- amplifying governmental wisdom beyond that of the average citizen. However, delegating authority to representatives often yields other, less desirable results.

Given the lofty ideals implied in the phrase, it is unsurprising there is disagreement on how a "democratic republic" is best implemented -- and disagreement on whether a particular government, as implemented, is appropriately described as a "democratic republic". Several countries with the term "democratic republic" in their official names -- colloquially known as Algeria, Congo, Ethiopia, N.Korea, Laos, Nepal, Sao Tome, Sri Lanka, and E.Timor -- are identified as "not free" by the U.S.-based, U.S.-government-funded non-governmental organization, Freedom House. Other organizations use a variety of factors to characterize the quality and equity of governance, as reflected in their various indices of freedom. The differences between states labeled "democratic republic" can be quite dramatic, as with the 'Democratic People's Republic of Korea', rated the least democratic government in the world.

36 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If you can't understand why the Electoral College is better than a popular vote for the whole country then... Wait, no. Doesn't matter you aren't American, cunt. 

• Like 1

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Figures you don't understand the Constitution and why it was written that way... 

I think since Neal has left the forum, Slope figures he can also be the contrarian cunt in addition to his present duties.

Ouch... This really shits on the Popular vote debate.

First of all, she’s probably not going to win the actual number of votes cast.  She may win the number of votes counted, but not the votes cast.

States don’t count their absentee ballots unless the number of outstanding absentee ballots is larger than the state margin of difference.  If there is a margin of 1,000 votes counted and there are 1,300 absentee ballots outstanding, then the state tabulates those.  If the number of outstanding absentee ballots wouldn’t influence the election results, then the absentee ballots aren’t counted.

Who votes by absentee ballot?  Students overseas, the military, businesspeople on trips, etc.  The historical breakout for absentee ballots is about 67-33% Republican.