Check your account email address ×

Millennial's and Motorcycles

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They meet up at Woodfield and race up and down 53,90,and 355. The other big meet up is by the old post office down town. :bc:

Right around 10pm it starts, every night in the summer. Sounds like they’re lighting it up. Haven’t the cops figured this out yet?

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They meet up at Woodfield and race up and down 53,90,and 355. The other big meet up is by the old post office down town. :bc:

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Right around 10pm it starts, every night in the summer. Sounds like they’re lighting it up. Haven’t the cops figured this out yet?

How far are you two from Woodfield?

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

How far are you two from Woodfield?

I’m like 10 minutes away. Woodtick is on the south side of Town, more like 45 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m like 10 minutes away. Woodtick is on the south side of Town, more like 45 minutes.

Got it. My wifes sister lives in Elk Grove. Right up against the Busse Woods forest off Beisterfield rd Or however you spell it. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Got it. My wifes sister lives in Elk Grove. Right up against the Busse forest off Beisterfield rd Or however you spell it. 

Elk Grove HS is part of our school district 214. Been there many times for sporting events. Nice middle class neighborhood IMO.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Elk Grove HS is part of our school district 214. Been there many times for sporting events. Nice middle class neighborhood IMO.

Yes its a pretty nice area. Some cool old houses there. Built in the 70’s but super big and pretty nice. 

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Harley’s EV bike will be popular with the back pack generation.

Harley’s electric bike will flop. The range sucks and they’re 30k. Zero motorcycles are better and cheaper.

This is just their first one, maybe they’ll get better in time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

no it wont . 

the brand is seen as old overpriced shit .because it is .

the electric bikes are not selling like you would think. 

I was looking at brand new 2 yr old zeros at a dealer  last summer  . 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I know a number of riders who don't ride nearly as much now do to idiots driving and texting or talking on phones and not paying attention, my older brother is one of them.

MY wife never wants to go anymore , because of that reason

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

They can’t catch them and they fold their plate under the fender. A lot of them can power their plate frame up or down. State troopers try to get their plates with high speed cameras on the over passes. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

MY wife never wants to go anymore , because of that reason

Understandable, my BIL got hit turning into his driveway, he bounced off the hood and windshield of the car and the guy drove off, he only came back because someone who stopped knew that there was construction a few miles up the road, he called the company and the guy turned around, the cops never took him into custody and he skipped out.  My BIL bought another bike but sold it said it was always in the back of his mind.

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I know a number of riders who don't ride nearly as much now do to idiots driving and texting or talking on phones and not paying attention, my older brother is one of them.

I used to actually enjoy the fact people were trying to kill me,  needing to really be alert kept my mind off other things.  Once i got drugged and that leveled out it was no where near as entertaining having old ladies coming over on you and pulling in front of you.  

i almost never go in to town on the bikes . i live on the very outskirts of metro mpls . I head 2 min out in the direction of 10 acer min building lots and farms .

if I have to cut thrugh the city for some reason deff on high high  alert .

it is almost worse ridding up at the cabin with all the fucking deer 

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

this made a showing on a ad in tonight's game . this will sell like vap pens to the back pack crew and prob me to 

That’s all the information that Jeep has released so far. But they surely didn’t realize just how big of e-bike nerds we are here at Electrek. So now let me give you the specs they didn’t list, but that we can pull out of the few spares images and short video clip.

Jeep e-bike

First of all, that mid-drive motor seen on the Jeep e-bike isn’t a 750 W motor. It’s a motor built by Chinese company Bafang and is known internally as the model M620. Externally, it’s known as the Bafang Ultra.

It puts out at least 1,600 W of peak power with a standard 52V e-bike battery. And it pushes 160 Nm of torque at the rear wheel. Folks, that’s an insane amount of torque – a level that most gas-motorcycles don’t reach.

That motor can literally twist and rip a bike chain to pieces. I know this because I was riding a Bafang Ultra-equipped e-bike at Eurobike 2019 this year when that very scenario occurred beneath my feet.

Alright, so that’s the motor. But what else?

The Jeep e-bike appears to be packing 4-piston Tektro Dorado hydraulic disc brakes in the commercial, though the brakes appear to be Magura-style brakes in the press photos. Those Tektro brakes are some of the nicest e-bike level brakes in the business, and the best in Tektro’s e-bike line. Magura MT5e’s would also be a very high end choice. Either option would show that the Jeep e-bike is sporting some expensive, high performance bike components.

Between the RockShox rear suspension and inverted front suspension fork, the integrated battery likely to measure in the 840-Wh range and the other high quality components like thru-axles on the wheels, the Jeep e-bike is shaping up to be more than just a simple Sunday ride e-bike.

The question that remains for me is just how much is Jeep involved in the development of this bike, or did they just lend the sticker? Because to me it seems to be encroaching pretty heavily into the realm of some other popular bikes out there in the market, such as a FREY M600 with an upgraded motor, for example.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I used to actually enjoy the fact people were trying to kill me,  needing to really be alert kept my mind off other things.  Once i got drugged and that leveled out it was no where near as entertaining having old ladies coming over on you and pulling in front of you.  

I've only ridden a few hundred miles on the road with a bike, wouldn't want to ride now except maybe on a spyder I look around too much.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

this made a showing on a ad in tonight's game . this will sell like vap pens to the back pack crew and prob me to 

That’s all the information that Jeep has released so far. But they surely didn’t realize just how big of e-bike nerds we are here at Electrek. So now let me give you the specs they didn’t list, but that we can pull out of the few spares images and short video clip.

Jeep e-bike

First of all, that mid-drive motor seen on the Jeep e-bike isn’t a 750 W motor. It’s a motor built by Chinese company Bafang and is known internally as the model M620. Externally, it’s known as the Bafang Ultra.

It puts out at least 1,600 W of peak power with a standard 52V e-bike battery. And it pushes 160 Nm of torque at the rear wheel. Folks, that’s an insane amount of torque – a level that most gas-motorcycles don’t reach.

That motor can literally twist and rip a bike chain to pieces. I know this because I was riding a Bafang Ultra-equipped e-bike at Eurobike 2019 this year when that very scenario occurred beneath my feet.

Alright, so that’s the motor. But what else?

The Jeep e-bike appears to be packing 4-piston Tektro Dorado hydraulic disc brakes in the commercial, though the brakes appear to be Magura-style brakes in the press photos. Those Tektro brakes are some of the nicest e-bike level brakes in the business, and the best in Tektro’s e-bike line. Magura MT5e’s would also be a very high end choice. Either option would show that the Jeep e-bike is sporting some expensive, high performance bike components.

Between the RockShox rear suspension and inverted front suspension fork, the integrated battery likely to measure in the 840-Wh range and the other high quality components like thru-axles on the wheels, the Jeep e-bike is shaping up to be more than just a simple Sunday ride e-bike.

The question that remains for me is just how much is Jeep involved in the development of this bike, or did they just lend the sticker? Because to me it seems to be encroaching pretty heavily into the realm of some other popular bikes out there in the market, such as a FREY M600 with an upgraded motor, for example.

I plan on getting some sort of fat tire e bike, may buy the motorized wheels and build my own. I talked to a guy who built his, has front and rear wheels powered said he can get 80 miles with no pedal assist.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

I plan on getting some sort of fat tire e bike, may buy the motorized wheels and build my own. I talked to a guy who built his, has front and rear wheels powered said he can get 80 miles with no pedal assist.

my bud has 2 . he has a track in his back 40 pretty fun. him and his kid went out west this summer with them and ran all over the nat forests .

I got a segway ninebot gen2 scooter in 18 it was fun for around the house running to the store etc but otherwise worthless . i gave it to my niece this fall when she started collage she was pretty pumped . 

but that thing ripped I could get 21mph out of it with a few kicks at top speed to get it that extra 2 mph then it would hold it till a big bump then back down to 19mph 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

my bud has 2 . he has a track in his back 40 pretty fun. him and his kid went out west this summer with them and ran all over the nat forests .

I got a segway ninebot gen2 scooter in 18 it was fun for around the house running to the store etc but otherwise worthless . i gave it to my niece this fall when she started collage she was pretty pumped . 

but that thing ripped I could get 21mph out of it with a few kicks at top speed to get it that extra 2 mph then it would hold it till a big bump then back down to 19mph 

Just about every bike MFG makes an E-bike now..Ive been on a couple was fun..

https://www.jensonusa.com/Electric-Mountain-Bikes-2

Rail99_20_30693_B_Portrait.jpg