Check your account email address ×

Are jobs in construction, trades and utilities good jobs

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ehh , Im 57 , been in trades my whole life. A little beat up but I would be a fat fuck if I was a desk jockey

I"m secretly waiting until you start posting that you feel shitty, your back hurts, you have bone spurs, you have arthrosclerosis, have gained 42 pounds and barely have enough energy to get off the couch...…………………...then I'm gonna' rassle you down at Marianos and get you in a choke-hold!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I"m secretly waiting until you start posting that you feel shitty, your back hurts, you have bone spurs, you have arthrosclerosis, have gained 42 pounds and barely have enough energy to get off the couch...…………………...then I'm gonna' rassle you down at Marianos and get you in a choke-hold!!!!

You will be using a walker by then. Wishing you still had feeling in your elbows , knees and hips anfter yrs of rassling junkies in the street.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ManOnManOral said:

My bil is a plumber, 120k...better pay than most white collar jobs. Kids are afraid to work now. Pussy bitches.

Around here the electricians and plumbers make a ton of money. 

You're lucky if you get a call-back from them around here. 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Who does all of your unspent money go to when you die? You should put Ben in your will so he gets what you owe him, welcher. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, old indy said:

EVERONE i know around me in the HVAC field does very well, if they want too.  they Do tend to hate it after a while from being too busy all the time.

Same as some of yous, 57 been in the trades since high school started farming before that.. and i Am pretty beat up (broken over 34 bones to date) but still in better condition than a long time pencil pusher of the same age.

Buddy of mine is in hvac, holds master licenses in 3 states. He currently works for a union company on a military base, he told me they pay $28 an hour for guys to just change filters in the air handling units on a regular rotation. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Who does all of your unspent money go to when you die? You should put Ben in your will so he gets what you owe him, welcher. 

I bet the first fucker to get a check buys a boat. Prolly a 42' fountain.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You will be using a walker by then. Wishing you still had feeling in your elbows , knees and hips anfter yrs of rassling junkies in the street.

The dirty fukkin junkies I worked with, are the ones I would have liked to kick their asses. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Fuck that, I wouldn't want to be within 15 ft of them.

NO, the junkies I worked with...…………………….COPS!!!! half those fukkers needed their heads caved in. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I can't tell ya'. All I will say is that I've had a change of attitude lately. Think I might make a couple of big purchases this year.

A place at Winnepesaukee, or Newburyport and a new boat, and that's about it.  But even then, they will inherit that. 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I bet the first fucker to get a check buys a boat. Prolly a 42' fountain.

Actually the ones that will inherit my stuff, I love them to pieces. I want to leave them a ton of money.  

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Mexicans are harder workers too. We used to work at the Ford plant on 126th and Torrence. Bunch of dindus and lazy fucks in there. Same thing at the old gm lectro motive plant we tore down back in 99. I'll take a Mexican truck please!

Have you ever met Jai? He may be a dindo? Could be why he is so angry? It would also explain the purple truck?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Have you ever met Jai? He may be a dindo? Could be why he is so angry? It would also explain the purple truck?

Just now, Woodtick said:

I was in house at a UAW plant for two years. It’s nice that the UAW hires so many special needs,they need jobs to.

Weak Just like your little string bean arms 

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can't tell ya'. All I will say is that I've had a change of attitude lately. Think I might make a couple of big purchases this year.

A place at Winnepesaukee, or Newburyport and a new boat, and that's about it.  But even then, they will inherit that. 

If you can really do it then you should.

17 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Wow, well that sucks for you guys.  Because trades are in very high demand and the pay is very strong around here.  

The US economy is doing better than ours as well so there is less demand here.

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Actually the ones that will inherit my stuff, I love them to pieces. I want to leave them a ton of money.  

To bad it's a pipe dream 

• Haha 1