Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

On 7/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, DriftBusta said:

Then quit your bitching.  :bc:   My only point is that you're only on this earth for a limited number of years.  If you're not taking 5-7% of your asset balance out every year and living life with it, you're just more than likely going to leave it to your heirs.  I just bought this cruiser this week.  You should buy one too.  Ftw!

46D7619B-5A74-44D0-A79A-847CB23B17E9.jpeg

Nice looking truck, biggest thing I have against Rams are their high beams are dimmer than an old Ford Model T. Bitch needs a big honking light bar!

5 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Nice looking truck, biggest thing I have against Rams are their high beams are dimmer than an old Ford Model T. Bitch needs a big honking light bar!

This one has the LED light option but they’re not as powerful as my BMWs were.  Searching for light bars now regardless.  Got the boards mounted up today.  :bc: 

62D2F28C-8D36-41BD-955A-A3639DA98842.jpeg

50E65E41-0543-413B-90B0-C48943860C8B.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 3

@DriftBusta what are your thoughts on Boeing?  I read an article in the WSJ this morning that basically all major airlines are cancelling their 737 MAX orders.  There is no penalty to cancel since the planes are over a year late.

737 MAX flight testing for FAA certification has started.  By the time airline traffic heats up again they should have the 737 MAX certified.

The stock had taken a nosedive when the whole covid thing started.  Still going to be a painful next 12-24 months for Boeing.

image.thumb.png.5147c5aa13c6844a6919fda9d734aba9.png

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

@DriftBusta what are your thoughts on Boeing?  I read an article in the WSJ this morning that basically all major airlines are cancelling their 737 MAX orders.  There is no penalty to cancel since the planes are over a year late.

737 MAX flight testing for FAA certification has started.  By the time airline traffic heats up again they should have the 737 MAX certified.

The stock had taken a nosedive when the whole covid thing started.  Still going to be a painful next 12-24 months for Boeing.

I have a close friend who is a heavy at Boeing and she doesnt have any news about them. LOL

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Tough one.  Most of my clients who hold it are still taking it in the shorts from where it was a year ago, and have had it in their portfolios for a long time.  Company still has a long way to get back to their previous glory.  United Airlines announced a 45% layoff yesterday.  Not good for the airline industry.  The inverse side of that argument is that Boeing is pretty cheap right now, and if they can successfully navigate through these times, the investors will make out like bandits.   With what is going on in the tech sector right now, industrials are almost kinda boring.  :lol:  :bc:  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Tough one.  Most of my clients who hold it are still taking it in the shorts from where it was a year ago, and have had it in their portfolios for a long time.  Company still has a long way to get back to their previous glory.  United Airlines announced a 45% layoff yesterday.  Not good for the airline industry.  The inverse side of that argument is that Boeing is pretty cheap right now, and if they can successfully navigate through these times, the investors will make out like bandits.   With what is going on in the tech sector right now, industrials are almost kinda boring.  :lol:  :bc:  

Wish I could buy Rivian stock - It’s privately owned. I think that electric truck and SUV are going to be a big hit. Very nice vehicles and they’ll probably beat a lot of others to the electric pickup market.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

No United did not announce a 45% lay-off. They announced some fear mongering up to a certain amount but it will be much less when furloughs actually are announced in Oct. 

I think Boeing is a good buy at the moment but it will take some time to reap the reward. 

Edited by Crowder

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Crowder said:

No United did not announce a 45% lay-off. They announced some fear mongering up to a certain amount but it will be much less when furloughs actually are announced in Oct. 

I think Boeing is a good buy at the moment but it will take some time to reap the reward. 

I do plan on buying some airline stocks soon. Not sure which ones or if that even matters.....Imo,traveling will come back with a vengeance once this virus goes by the wayside.

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

Wish I could buy Rivian stock - It’s privately owned. I think that electric truck and SUV are going to be a big hit. Very nice vehicles and they’ll probably beat a lot of others to the electric pickup market.

Keep an eye on NKLA.   Client of mine is working for a company setting up the network of re charging centers.  Friggin guy turned 15 grand into 40 grand in 3 days a few weeks back, when the stock jumped up over 90 bucks a share and they suspended trading, 3 minutes into the trading day.  He called me a half hour before the market opened and told me to put a sell order in, which did so in the first minute.  2 minutes later the stock came back down into the 60s and they had to temporarily halt trading, twice that day.  Its had a couple double digit moves up and down since, and I've made a couple small scores with it.  Kind of volatile.  Tesla stock price is just silly right now.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The market is going to take a major dive within the next month.

respecting the Covid pandemic nationally is the only solution. Having over 50 solutions is not working.

I agree. I'm gonna liquidate some of my accounts ...SOON. 

This country is imploding. Seriously. 

COVID, RACE , POLITICS.....................dangerously bad. 

Nothing would surprise me at this point.    

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The market is going to take a major dive within the next month.

respecting the Covid pandemic nationally is the only solution. Having over 50 solutions is not working.

You don't know shit.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Oh stop.  Market was up almost 500 at one point, closed about even.

P/E ratio gonna be well past dot com bubble after earnings .....this idiocy has to end

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh stop.  Market was up almost 500 at one point, closed about even.

STFU. I thought you were kind of a bud, when you posted the pic of you lifting the front of that Outlander about 7 years ago, but I was wrong. 

I should have known when you said I was getting abused like a blow-up doll at a frat party, about 11 years ago. 

Then I should have known when you said you would have punched my ticket years ago.

Then when you came out with this bullshit song and dance about representation and legality for not posting about my Fidelity take for one day, or my broads. 

You're as bad as me thinking that I could get Frankie to apply for the ALASKA STATE TROOPERS!!!

LMAO!!! YOU'RE MY FRANKIE JAMES OF INVESTING!!!!!!!  LMMFAO!!   

I couldda' been roarin'  outta' the channel at the WEIRS in a TUFF 28/860, but NOOOOO!!!! 

Wut, you think this is funny?????

P7130449.JPG

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

P/E ratio gonna be well past dot com bubble after earnings .....this idiocy has to end

Hey, you skinny bastid, where ya' been??????

Zambo and Sledgey are also MIA, what the fuck is goin' on!!!!

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know a year ago I said the values were supported by the earnings and were within a std deviation of the 25 year avg, but now..........yeah i agree with you.  Tesla was around 330/share back in November, its almost 1500 now  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know a year ago I said the values were supported by the earnings and were within a std deviation of the 25 year avg, but now..........yeah i agree with you.  Tesla was around 330/share back in November, its almost 1500 now  :lol: 

Hey, thanks for the info Frankie, err I mean Woofie.    

15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

STFU. I thought you were kind of a bud, when you posted the pic of you lifting the front of that Outlander about 7 years ago, but I was wrong. 

I should have known when you said I was getting abused like a blow-up doll at a frat party, about 11 years ago. 

Then I should have known when you said you would have punched my ticket years ago.

Then when you came out with this bullshit song and dance about representation and legality for not posting about my Fidelity take for one day, or my broads. 

You're as bad as me thinking that I could get Frankie to apply for the ALASKA STATE TROOPERS!!!

LMAO!!! YOU'RE MY FRANKIE JAMES OF INVESTING!!!!!!!  LMMFAO!!   

I couldda' been roarin'  outta' the channel at the WEIRS in a TUFF 28/860, but NOOOOO!!!! 

Wut, you think this is funny?????

P7130449.JPG

Oh relax. I was joking.  And honest to fuck, if a retired guy like you, had your investments go south that bad today, you need a new advisor.  True story.  No fucking way you should have been down that much today.  You don't have to send me statements or values.  Send me the symbols you're invested in, and the % of each relative to your total portfolio.  A well managed portfolio with investments chosen with solid research and not throwing darts on a board should  be up 7-15%  ytd.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta